Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I quit
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesdives
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: I quit Reply with quote

I have seriously had it with DDR. I live in Utica, N.Y. (see right). That's forty-five minutes from the nearest machine. I have spent three hundred plus dollars on home pads, games, etc. etc. to maybe try and have a chance at maybe doing all right at a tournament SOMEDAY! But no, I finally get a chance to go to an arcade and I see that I am knocked down from AAing catas to barely passing them. i have absolutely never gotten an arcade AA no matter what difficulty I play at. And then I come here and am laughed at for my accomplishments and hear exactly what I have already convinced myself of. I suck at playing at arcades, which therefore means I suck at DDR in general and I will never, ever be any good at it. Even if i do improve at arcades, I will never be able to forget all the people that got to be twice as good as I am after a quarter the time playing. I made it a mission to place in a tournament by the time I was twenty, but because of all of the people here who have dissed the home versions and therefore me, I no longer have any real enjoyment in playing DDR. Thank you all. This will be my last post here.
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's really a stupid reason to stop playing. DDR is supposed to be fun. you shouldn't look at it as a competition. look at is as a game. something to have fun with. I suck in my arcade, but I play just because it's fun. well, I don't suck all that bad, but I'm definitely not the best. but that's ok. because the friends that I make at the arcade are the best. bit seriously, why are you looking at an arcade game as a way to achieve glory, per say? some people don't make sense to me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
2. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Well...you are entitled to your own opinions and the such, but let the cards fall where they may, and have a good one. Not having DDR in your life isn't that bad. There are so many other things you can get REAL good at, have a passion for and persue. Take care
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is a dumb reason to quit playing. You just have to play at the arcade more to get used to it. When I first started playing the game I only played at home for months, then when I finally went to an arcade I sucked, but after more practice I eventually ended up doing better at the arcade than i do at home. Now I never play at home, only in the arcade.

Why do you even care about tourny's anyway? I'm a semi-decent player at the game, but I rarely ever enter any tournaments. One because they are usually far away from me and two because I will get owned by the other(and better) cali players in the area. damn all you awesome svgl players, hehe, j/k. E15.gif laugh.gif

As for that placing in a tourny by the age of 20? What kind of goal is that? Hell I didn't start playing ddr until I was 21.(2 years ago)

BTW cool new avatar Mouse. It looks neato....hehe E13.gif
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smbu |L©| wrote:
Yeah, that is a dumb reason to quit playing. You just have to play at the arcade more to get used to it. When I first started playing the game I only played at home for months, then when I finally went to an arcade I sucked, but after more practice I eventually ended up doing better at the arcade than i do at home. Now I never play at home, only in the arcade.

This is the same way for me, except I still play at home every once in awhile. I TOTALLY blew at the arcades the first few times I went.

Also, don't even bother competing with people that post on here. They have been playing too long E13.gif
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like with everything else, there is always gonna be someone that is better than you.

quitting because you aren't good at something is a lousy reason. Sure it's just DDR, but if you think like that for everything in life, how are you going to get anywhere?

But hey, it's your choice.

and Smbu, I had no idea you were 23!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: I quit Reply with quote

wesdives wrote:
I have seriously had it with DDR. I live in Utica, N.Y. (see right). That's forty-five minutes from the nearest machine. I have spent three hundred plus dollars on home pads, games, etc. etc. to maybe try and have a chance at maybe doing all right at a tournament SOMEDAY! But no, I finally get a chance to go to an arcade and I see that I am knocked down from AAing catas to barely passing them. i have absolutely never gotten an arcade AA no matter what difficulty I play at. And then I come here and am laughed at for my accomplishments and hear exactly what I have already convinced myself of. I suck at playing at arcades, which therefore means I suck at DDR in general and I will never, ever be any good at it. Even if i do improve at arcades, I will never be able to forget all the people that got to be twice as good as I am after a quarter the time playing. I made it a mission to place in a tournament by the time I was twenty, but because of all of the people here who have dissed the home versions and therefore me, I no longer have any real enjoyment in playing DDR. Thank you all. This will be my last post here.
You took the game way too seriously there bud...It's supposed to be for fun E7.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrating Groovy Sexfiend wrote:

and Smbu, I had no idea you were 23!

Yup, i'm an old fogey, hehe j/k. E15.gif Well most of the people I hang out with (those who play ddr and those who don't) are roughly around the same age as me 20-23 too. Although, I do know some younger people(high schooler's and just graduated people) who also play bemani games.
Maistorm
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look at DDR as fun instead of work. So what if you don't learn the game as good as everyone else? So what if you can't get a 9 footer AA(most likely because the transition from homepads to arcade pads is very different)? It's a fun game, not one where the only goal is to be better than everyone else.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
wesdives
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misinterpereted, probably on my part. I am dropping all of my goals of accomplishment with DDR. I still thoroughly intend to play at home. But I'm not going to force myself to get better when its never going to happen. There's absolutely no point. My reason for posting was to say good-bye to all of the people here who put people who aren't as good as them down. That's why I'm never posting again.

I'm paranoid-dellusional, not psychotic. I wouldn't just give up on three-hundred dollars of equipment. I doing exactly what you're saying I should have done from the start.

And btw, I'll be twenty in 4 years, which is a reasonable amount of practice time to win a tourney. Goodbye forever, all.
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Mark
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just sell your stuff on eBay and rape on shipping to make a sizeable profit.

Then you could get a IIDX setup at your house!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bye
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye, hope to see you around sometime... E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: whats done Reply with quote

Whats done is done then. No one can froce into playing, but it sad to see ya go. HAve a good one.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol he said that the first post in the topic would be his last too and he posted again! Maybe he'll play DDR again! You never know! riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only true competition is really against yourself and your personal goals. Sure they have tournaments and such where a person wins and is the best player for that day. As long as you're proud of the achievement, who cares who else thinks what about it?

Peace though, if you really don't post again. Good luck
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
16. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmmm Reply with quote

The way people take their accomplishments is their own business...but you cant let this stop you...there are many people in your situation.

Take sk8boarding. There was SO much frustration involved it's not even funny. Getting to where I'm at now. Many injuries, even a broken ankle. I didn't let that stop me from achieving more goals. DDR is the same thing...when you dont accomplish something it does hurt...that applies with everything. But eventually you'll come back to it again and when you do it, it'll seem like nothing ever happened.

TRUST ME!
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm... i been laughed at by at least u didnt fall down done ur buttocks.
ya its funny but hey, i had fun. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR is suppose to be fun, what happen to that? Well it's your choice you walk away and maybe you'll come back when you have the desire. I myself have fun playing and try to do more than have fun. Maybe AA'ng stuff or workin on PA. Fun but challenging. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
Towlie 2dx (psmoni AA)
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smbu |L©| wrote:

Why do you even care about tourny's anyway? I'm a semi-decent player at the game, but I rarely ever enter any tournaments. One because they are usually far away from me and two because I will get owned by the other(and better) cali players in the area. damn all you awesome svgl players, hehe, j/k. E15.gif laugh.gif

As for that placing in a tourny by the age of 20? What kind of goal is that? Hell I didn't start playing ddr until I was 21.(2 years ago)

BTW cool new avatar Mouse. It looks neato....hehe E13.gif

my story is exactly the same as his, except, i've only been playing for11 months,
i got my first AAA a month ago, so i guess i got good fast!!!!!!!!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: