Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux control box falling out solution!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowRisae
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Cobalt Flux control box falling out solution! Reply with quote

One of my Cobalt Flux platforms has had a problem ever since I got it. Simply enough, it wasn't screwed together very well in the part where the control box plugged in and if you played a heavy song or any song that involved a lot of jumping, 8th notes, galloping, etc the control box would slide out. I tried unscrewing it but the drilled-in holes were a bit off. I contacted CF about it and they tried giving solutions but none of them worked. Finally they said they would fix it, but I would not only have to pay for shipping to them (they'd pay shipping back) but I'd somehow have to package it up. I wasn't going to do that. Sooo...

I went to Wal-mart's crafts section and bought some coin size circular velcro that already had glue on the back. I cut one of the fuzzy circles in 1/2, then put them together (1 of the sticky sides facing out, 1 side fuzzy)so it would be thick enough to be able to reach the control box. I stuck it inside the CF over top the screw that's next to the area where the control box plugs in. I did the same with the other side. Then I took a circle from the other half of the velro (the harder, hooked part), cut it in 1/2, and put each half on the outsides of the control box next to where it plugs into the CF. I plugged it in and it stayed in nice and snug. I tested it and it doesn't move at all. happy.gif Thought this might help anyone who might have a similar problem.

If you do this, I suggest not unplugging the control box from the CF unless you have to, just unplug the control box from the console when putting the CF away or moving it. The more you unplug it, the less snug it will get from the velcro wearing out. If that happens, take the old velcro circles off and put new ones on.
View users profile Send private message
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like being able to remove the control box, makes pad transportation easier.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

2. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cant remove it why not just use duct tape......it works fine
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: