Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Quick Reply
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guido
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Quick Reply Reply with quote

Has DDRFreak ever thought of getting this?

It's where you can quickly reply to a thread when the space box is at the bottom of the last post of that page and instead of clicking reply to post you can quickly reply.
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replies make for easier post whores.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna bump this again because other people have suggested this idea hope the mods here give this a chance.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
3. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Hmmmmm definitely, especially those threads that make for 1-4 word replies...that can get awfully hectic ; make online tempers fly. As well as post whoring. I've seen my share of post whores around, believe me it may only be online but it does get annoying especially to ruin a perfectly valid thread. And there was already a thread like this but it got locked...
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an awful idea. People post-whore enough as it is.

We have to wait a minute between posts anyway, and even dial-up connections can load the reply page in that time frame. Hopefully, in that minute you can think of something to say that is NOT four words long and that actually adds something to the thread.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Guido
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Vi0Let wrote:
Hmmm And there was already a thread like this but it got locked...

As you can see on the date I made this thread I made it well before the one that was made earlier next time think before you post.

As, for skip's response does it really matter or not about post whoring. There going to post no matter what.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

ddrguido5 wrote:
As, for skip's response does it really matter or not about post whoring. There going to post no matter what.

So what if it will happen anyway? Let's not make it EASIER, of all things.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Guido
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier? This feature is to make it more convinent for the poster. The majority of posters here aren't post whores. Just a small percent all. Why should they ruin something that can help out the rest of the posters at DDRFreak. I just wanna add this because it would make posting here much easier especially for dial-up users.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrguido5 wrote:
Easier? This feature is to make it more convinent for the poster. The majority of posters here aren't post whores. Just a small percent all. Why should they ruin something that can help out the rest of the posters at DDRFreak. I just wanna add this because it would make posting here much easier especially for dial-up users.

But with that feature, it would allow for people tp post-whore easier.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think quick reply is an awful idea. we don't want it to end up encouraging people to post whore, which it will do. we already have a large amoung of post-whorers on the board. we don't need any more of them floating around. and when I was on dial-up, I put up with it too and I really didn't have that much of a problem with it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think it encourages post whoring. The server won't let you post two times a minute anyway. I've seen, "You cannot make a post so soon after your last" a number of times without having a quick reply thing. Even when I was on a dial up.

I don't like the idea though. I used to go to a board that had this and I never liked it there. It just seems like a waste of space to me.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to have a barrier between the thread and the reply page -- it makes people think about if they really want to spend their time adding something to the thread.
Guido
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess. You all have good points. I'm in a lot of other forums and DDRFreak has the most post whores. Well I least I tried.
Administrator
Administrator

13. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...it *would* improve server performance... fewer pages to load.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People would post whore. Only allow trick members to use it or make a member type above trick member that is allowed to use quick response.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Bringer of Death
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyroblaze wrote:
People would post whore. Only allow trick members to use it or make a member type above trick member that is allowed to use quick response.

The only way that would work out is if mods were the only ones that could do that.
You have asked for infinity and you don't deserve it.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because we'd never post whore.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Rufus!
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't think the majority of the members are post whores, only the odd bad seed... who cares about whos got more posts its just a number. and if there are post whores then you guys can just give them points... and if they keep doing it then ban them... dont let the odd bad person spoil cool features for the rest of us...

P.S dont look at my postcount...... laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we don't need more Alfs around here making 200 posts in one day and getting banned. E7.gif
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny how everyone knows about Alf. laugh.gif

Yeah post whoring is stupid.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: