Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Lousy E-bay pads

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud_Strife
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Lousy E-bay pads Reply with quote

What is the deal with all of these pads on the market? I've bought several on ebay and modified them (wood backing, covers etc.) to keep them working as long as possible. I think that the longest that any of them will last is about 4 mabye 5 months. It gots pretty spendy to keep buying them though so I finally got a metal one. Indestructable right? WRONG!!! disgust.gif This "Long lasting" metal pad worked for about 5 mins before the back arrow gave out. I managed to fix it fortunately but it still seems to be a real piece. Half of the time that back button wont work unless you REALLY stomp on it (not an option during MAX300). I only weigh 185lbs. FAR short of the 300lbs that the pad claims it will hold. Here's the real kicker though my younger brother who only weighs 65lbs. (yes 65!!!) stepped on the back arrow during a dance and the plastic covering on the back arrow cracked!! Just to clear the air on this though we are not "stompers" we are more of the finesse kind of player that do 8 footers without breaking a sweat and 9 footers all the time. This really annoys me and I wonder if there are other people out there who have had problems with their pads? Other fanatics in town that I have talked to seem to share this problem with the pad longevity. It seems to me that many of the dealers are just putting together cheap crappy pads to make a quick buck on the DDR craze. Then when those pads break a short time later guess who has to pay them more money? Thats just crazy!! I do know though of the CF pads that are almost indestructable but when you dont have a full time job $300+shipping is pretty steep. Especally when I like to do doubles and el duh that takes 2 pads(2 x $300+shipping erm.gif ). I honestly think that more people should boycott those stupid E-bay auctions because after 5+ straight purchases of crap its obvious that there are few good pads and even fewer caring sellers there (they get a positive ref from you and then thats the last you hear of them). I personally think that I may need to just play at the arcade until I can save the money to buy a CF or get the material to build my own from scratch. I figure that the money is better spent in those places than in the pocket of a noncaring E-bay seller. I advise people to do the same unless they have a good deal of patience and mechanical expertiese, both of which are needed in spades to keep up with any common home pad. We are the people paying the money I think that we should be able to spend it on something that will last a little longer than a couple short months. CD's, Cars, and TV's last just a "little" (note the sarcasm) longer than that I think DDR pads should too.
Captain BlueTooth
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also purchased a metal pad from ebay that never worked on deliveryand yet the guy still hasnt contacted me frust.gif . Well,its only been 2 mounths so i guess it should take about that long (cough,cough,ripoff,cough).The only lesson learned here is to never buy anything to do with ddr from ebay E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
NidoGod
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one thing I can think of why the back arrow may not work when you step on it. The wires that connect the sensor to the rest of the pad may have come unsoldered. Those wires are located under the sensors, so that may be the reason why the pad still responds when you step on a certain spot of the pad. You'll need a soldering iron to fix it, but it's really easy.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
MarshallKobe
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a version 2 metal pad on ebay and use Ps2freak's mod guide. that will last.
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a problem, I guess it's who you do business with. Look at their feedback ratings it helps. If I were you save up and get a Cobalt Flux if you want the real DDR experience. E1.gif
shinobier
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe.. get cobalt flux. i own 2 and been playing 8-10 footers for err.. around 7 weeks. they still work like new, except this white marks all of the lexan from my shoe. darn.. i need to clean them but they still work fine so i will just leave them(lazy bum). =p
BlueBat
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Metal Pads Reply with quote

Cypher Games makes crap. frust.gif Compared to their website, I got a "good deal" on ebay, 2 for $105. Oh yeah, plus the $60 shipping. Anyway, After 2 months and only using them less then 10 times, they broke. The left arrow cracked on one of them, so I put it away and was using the other one. Within minutes the back and front arrows cracked. Three arrows in like 10 minutes. What garbage frust.gif "300 lbs." Yeah right! I'm 170, and I don't stomp, I'm light on my feet. It really sucks that they can just rip people off with their crap. frust.gif They should at least send some extra arrows if they know they're gonna break. Or better yet, tell us the truth about the metal pads, They suck. I'm gonna try to put my remaining good arrows all on the same unit, so at least I have one working pad, But for how long?! frust.gif

BB

come on and move your body!"
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dvsIIdx
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i own a new style cobalt flux plus i have a home made pad using riptides design, although my cobalt is accurate as hell, i almost like my homemade pad better because it feel alot more acrade like. the cobalt flux just feels weird because it has no brackets so it easy as hell to slide your feet around it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: