Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

please help me! my EMS USB 2 adapt. has gone horribly wrong!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRkrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: please help me! my EMS USB 2 adapt. has gone horribly wrong! Reply with quote

i just bought a ems usb 2 adapter from level six, i recived it today, installed all the drivers and such and booted SM, everything seemed to be working, i set all the buttons and they worked accordingly on the pad. i got throught the menus and decided to play spin the disc, i started the song and failed in 5 seconds. turns out, while standing on the right arrow the left does not work, and while standing on the bottom arrow, the top does not work. this sucks, would someone help me out!
Dead-Meat
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Edited by DDR Freak: Trolling posts removed)
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead-Meat gets a point for postwhoring. He knows where the stepmania page is.

Did you try setting "Ignore Joy Axes" to ON before you configured your pad?
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: please help me! my EMS USB 2 adapt. has gone horribly wr Reply with quote

DDRkrazy wrote:
i just bought a ems usb 2 adapter from level six, i recived it today, installed all the drivers and such and booted SM, everything seemed to be working, i set all the buttons and they worked accordingly on the pad. i got throught the menus and decided to play spin the disc, i started the song and failed in 5 seconds. turns out, while standing on the right arrow the left does not work, and while standing on the bottom arrow, the top does not work. this sucks, would someone help me out!

okay im not too sure what you did, mine works fine and i know for a fact that the EMSUSB2 can register those button combinations (ie it doesn't have the d-pad as 2 axis) and i followed what someone else on the board put up so id recommend re-doing it all like this.

SomeGuyFromThisBoardThatIsSmart wrote:
I have installed USB controllers successfully in Windows 98 and 2000.
They should require no disk. USB has the "Human Interface Device" standard,
which is good enough for 99% of all controllers (including PSX-to-PC converters).
Your DirectX needs to be up to date (if you can get Stepmania to load, you're fine).

Plug in your USB converter, and Windows should automatically detect it as a
USB HID device. You might need your Windows CD, if you haven't already copied
it to your hard disk like many people do. Don't use the floppy disk that comes with the converter!

Once installed, go to Control Panel, choose "Game Controllers" or "Gaming Options" or something like that.
You should see a listing with a line that reads something like "4-axis 16-button Joystick".

Click on that line, hit Properties, then hit Test.

A window should pop up and let you test out the controller! Plug in a standard PSX DualShock controller
and start testing.

Never use the "Calibrate" option! That is only for old-style PC analog controllers.
USB controllers are digital and will get their positioning messed up if you try to "calibrate" them.

Here's what you should get when using your PSX controller:

Axes:
1,2 = Left analog stick (only when "Analog" light is lit)
3,4 = Right analog stick (these may show up as sliders instead of a
crosshair, because Microsoft is naive and never thought of having multiple joysticks on a single controller,
no wonder they're having so much trouble with Xbox!)

Buttons:
1 = Triangle, 2 = O, 3 = X, 4 = Square
5 = L2, 6 = R2, 7 = L1, 8 = R1
9 = Select, 10 = Start
11 = L3 (Left analog stick push in, only when "Analog" lit)
12 = R3 (Right analog stick push in, only when "Analog" lit)
13 = Up, 14 = Right, 15 = Down, 16 = Left

Try all axes and buttons.

When you are satisfied that a normal controller works, plug in your DDR pad!

Buttons 13-16 are the biggies for DDR. Make sure you can push Up and Down at the same time,
and see both buttons light up on screen. Same for Left and Right at the same time.

Now have fun in DWI or Stepmania....

hope that helps
View users profile Send private message Send email
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn on ignore joy axis in stepmania... under input options I believe... should fix your problem E1.gif

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DDRkrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i turned the ignore joy axeses on in stepmania, but that didnt work, so i downloaded joytokey and instead of key directions i set each arrow to button 6,7,8,9 and then it registered them as buttons rather than axises, and i solved my own problem, thanks anyway tho. you can lock this now remy no more use for it
zaphod
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. here's the deal.

You must activate "ignore axes" and THEN define the input settings. i suggest restarting after turning on "ignore axes" Then it will work, with no lag introduced by joy2key.
Dead-Meat
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Edited by DDR Freak: Trolling posts removed)
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead-Meat wrote:
I put the link becuase it explains what you have to do on the adapter compatability page...

Then say "Hey, did you see the bit about 'Ignore Axes' on the adapter compatability page?" or SOMETHING other than just giving the link.

Links without any sort of direction are usually useless. E10.gif

Locked by request.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: