Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Problem with metal pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davies2751
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:10 am    Post subject: Problem with metal pad Reply with quote

ok, im in the middle of playing songs, and all of a sudden, the butons just stop working, i don't know what it is. Maybe the power supply. But i have to get off the pad unplug then plug it back in. It fails me a lot of songs, Please Help
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
The Reverend
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is already a thread about metal pads but if this is the problem then why dont you call the company or look inside the pad to see what is wrong oh yeah....*coughs E1.gif

I can do whatever I want to be.
View users profile Send private message
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've heard of a problem where the metal plates with the air between them act as a low power capacitor. Eventually, a potential difference builds up between them, and releasing it (presumably by stepping on that arrow) sends enough voltage to the controller circuitry to leave it in a confused state of disarray. I seem to remember reading a fix that involved possibly soldering some inline capacitors, but I can't remember the exact details.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
davies2751
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i tried it again, cept on a US mix, worked fine, jap version, shut off
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... By any chance was the Japanese version for PSX and the US version for PS2? A friend of mine has a couple MyMyBox pads, and if we plug them both in to a PSX, they don't work, but if we use just one, or we plug them into a PS2, it's fine. I'm pretty sure it's because they have insanely long extension cables on them, and the resulting resistance is much too great for the PSX I/O controller, which has a shared Tx and Rx line for all the controller and memory card ports. The PS2 has individual lines, so it's not a problem. Perhaps the issue is related in some way.

Another thing to check would be the unlock codes you might be using for the Japanese game. I've used some codes for 4th Mix that caused most of the main menu options to freeze the game. Not every code is perfect.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: