Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Poll: Bar Raping....Yes/No?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str0ngBad
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Poll: Bar Raping....Yes/No? Reply with quote

I get into allot of arguments with people about this.
I wanted to know what peoples opinions were on this.

In my opinion I thing NO for the following reasons.

1.It looks very gay.
2.Its not nessasary.

There is one exception to this I think is ok and that is when you do it to PA max songs like Yasu.chrono ect. Is there really any other songs on ddr 1st-8th that need the Bar? NO. No again this is just my opinion and I know people will be mad at me for voicin it but fuc|< em laugh.gif
I also know allot of people who agree with me so Im just wonderin how it is in other states...im from FL
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do better using the bar, but can still do okay without the bar, I say it's okay.

i.e. If you can pass MAX 300 w/o the bar, and you can A it w/ the bar, that's okay.

If you AA MAX 300 w/ the bar, but can't pass 7s without the bar, you are lame.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is look at JSB, then look at Yasu, sure Yasu does better, but it's still possible to be incredible with touching the bar. I think to bar rape you have to be something special (or at least above average locally) EG I look down on people the same level as me who bar rape, but those who are considerably better than me I respect.. I bar rape 10's by the way. And still fail, so I might as well stop that -.- Stamina owns me.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't touch the bar but that is just how I play. And it also has to do with what I play. I don't play anything that is 10 foot.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone once told me that using the bar is fine until you AA a song.........then it should be done without the use of the bar from then on(unless one wants to AAA of course...).........i think that some people i know and have seen play should take it into consideration.....

......for me though i don't use the bar, true i wouldn't know how to use the bar effectively like most people, but i believe that using it would not help me in any way, since also i've accomplished any hard songsi've played without it.........
kch
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's fine for the 10's, and MAYBE a really hard 9...but bar raping anything less is unnecessary.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I dont' bar rape.. for the following reasons. I started DDR at home, without a bar at my disposal. I don't think it helps too much for some songs. I play Max300 and pass it without the bar on first try so I think it's good enough without a bar.
Psychesoft
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bar rape, so when I do it, i don't have to touch your germs.

No, seriously, bar raping is bad style, it looks bad and has no professionalism.
View users profile Send private message
Str0ngBad
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well think about it....The only reason you would be using the bar is because you dont have the energy or the balance to play without it so the reason I dont like it is because most of the time its people who couldnt pass a simple maniac opposed to LOM they bar hold. Again If your gonna use the bar the only way that I can see it ok is on max300,maxx unlimited,or legend of maxx. {BUT} Thats only if you can like A-AA it without it already and just wanna get a better PA.Even though its possible to PA them without the bar like me. E1.gif I never used the bar..never knew People used it to hold thru-out the entire song til I saw that yasu video.

Last edited by Str0ngBad on Fri May 16, 2003 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you never knew about the bar until after seeing the big, metal thing in Yasu/Take videos?

Welcome to enlightenment! It's been right behind you this whole time!

disturb.gif You deface the name of Strongbad, dude. Fact of the matter is this -- people will play as they want to, and no amount of saying it is/is not "gay" will change it.

The end.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuc|< you lune.
I deface strongbad? hahaha thats a good one...idiot
and people wont play bar hug if I hit them in the hand when they do hehe.
crass
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Resident Lune hits the nail on the head.. who cares?
if you don't want to hold onto the bar, don't. why you gotta piss in someone's wheaties just cause THEY want to hold onto the bar?

I also started playing at home, so I never use the bar, but it really doesn't make me lose sleep when I see others do it. if you weren't meant to hold onto the bar, there wouldn't be a bar on the machine.
don't you have anything else to concern yourself with? nerd.gif
Str0ngBad
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its there if you lose your balance. Not to hold onto for the entire song.
And no I could care less as I said in the topic its a poll since I see allot of people who have different opinions about this.
Kortsu
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit me on the hand when I'm using the bar, and I'd turn around and punch you in the jaw, fail or no fail, you just don't touch someone else who's playing unless you know them really well. in short, say its gay here all you want, but don't start saying it loudly behind someone who is, that'll tick them off and make you a snob in thier minds.

yes I use the bar, but I've also beaten every song in the game.

Lesson here is people learn however they want, people learn at home, they don't use it, people learn on arcade DDR, they may or may not use it, then theres the people like me who learned on Pump it up, and 99% of the time, they will use it.
S4RJ
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I could care less is someone uses the bar. It's their game credit right? Plus from my viewing experience, I've seen people who have always started out using the bar, later on when they've gotten better with balancing themselves, no longer use it.

Everyone learns differently and at their own pace. I've seen people that started out on light mode using the bar, and then 2 weeks later they're on heavy without the aid of the bar.

-JFL
Icyglare
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A crowd is gathering, many people waiting in line to play DDR. Somebody asks you, "Why play this game? It looks too embarrasing to play. Why not just go to a dance club?"

I say, "Well, it's kinda like real dancing, you just have to follow the steps, get into the beat and...

Suddenly, the person who's playing start bar raping through the entire song.

"umm, I think I'll go to a real dance bar"
Every DDR person turns their head in shame because it makes the game look lamer.

[img][/img]
devilon
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this thread heading for a lock soon, since this has been debated countless times on EVERY DDR site imaginable, but I'll throw in my two copper pieces.

If you use it, ok.

If you don't, ok.

DO what you wish. Whatever you feel comfortable with. I can AA MAX300 and Paranoia Survivor without using the bar. That doesn't mean I'm gonna knock someone who does. They're still up there giving it their all to do as good as they can, and for that they should be commended. Who cares if you look stupid? I sure as hell dont.
3. When I'm proving them wrong in a hilarious belittling fashion.

I've been here longer than most of you.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steven in America
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may think that using the bar looks gay, but I'll tell you something:

Playing DDR makes you look gay.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I care. If people didn't care how they look, they wouldn't look in a mirror. They wouldn't decide on clothes.

I remember a thread on how everyone made fun of a Guy who came in the arcade wearing a Tigger tale.

He used to be a regular but now he doesn't come in anymore except onces and no tale either. Something must have affected him hmm?

[img][/img]
Quazar
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody used the bar before MAX. I say it is only acceptable to use it for the Max songs, because those are the songs that first caused people to use the bar consistently. Using the bar on anything less than the Max songs will not be tolerated. :-P

Quazar
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: