Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New DDR Comic: LET'S DANCING!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Last Asian
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would die for ddr too!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Kraftwerk Kid
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a cute comic. It made me smile because I'm a noob too. E1.gif

Good jerb...I mean job.
View users profile Send private message
BlackDth
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, thats awesome
View users profile Send private message
NAOKi SYNDROME
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumb.gif It's funny... In fact, it's really funny. It's a good example of use of not-spirited away style art to make it funny... Haha, and it reminds me of the good old days where I did think like that...

Keep showing us stuffed-up cata-10 bombers how much we should appreciate our skills... Because I think some of us forget that were were once noobs once, and we get on the Noob's cases for taking too long or something...
the younger makoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job! Tsuyoshi gets an awesome entrance... I really did laugh out loud laugh.gif Kellen's right-- I remember when classic Paranoia 180 seemed SOO impossible! Now I fall alseep if I don't 2x it... but there's more to DDR than the flashing 10 feet E13.gif

Jeffrey, you guys are rocking that flash, keep it up!
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, posted on my sister's account.

Last edited by Lil B Girl on Fri May 23, 2003 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
JeffreyAtW
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks a lot. But Bryan's the one to get props for the animation and stuff, he's supar great at that. Bryan is usually the one to get me to use animation if a scene might call for it, so he's the brains there. I'm just the lowly writer half of the time but what Bryan and (soon to come) Brad do with it is really great.

I also had a similar experience with the first great DDR player I saw... it was actually someone who works for Konami, though, and he was the first person that mentioned that he has DDR at home. ('the whole arcade game?' I thought...) Looking back, I can remember that he simply did Paranoia on Maniac and got about an A on it, but I would brag to my friends that they're not as good as they think because I saw someone "getting all perfects on double maniac paranoia on stealth shuffle flat solo dark hidden" or something. E10.gif

BTW, anyone get the part where Todd almost made a good comment about "Love This Feelin'"? If that doesn't make you want to strangle him, just wait. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffreyAtW wrote:
BTW, anyone get the part where Todd almost made a good comment about "Love This Feelin'"? If that doesn't make you want to strangle him, just wait. E1.gif

yeah, I noticed that and laughed because I know a guy who actually likes Love This Feelin'-- I'll be watching to see if Todd turns out to be anything like my friend
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow's comic by me, and I want criticizm plz!

DDR Freak "Let's Dancing" Thread
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
a_seal
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! im back! its mr. criticism!

AAAnyways, one of your comics ACTUALLY made me laugh! (it was the corny little side joke where the machine says "You are the best dancer since the last person I said this to!")

...yup

but anyways, on to the criticism.

as far as the 4th comic goes, last time i checked, comics dont get laugh tracks, also, last time i checked, it isnt the slightest bit funny when they do.

the 5th one was alright... but thats just because of the corny little joke ^^

the 6th one... huh...
all it really made me think of is why he is wearing his coat inside...
not really funny... oh well, in my opinion anyway

The 7th one... well... It wasnt good... at all...
hes talking to a bloody machine... wow...

*edit*

now on the 8th comic im starting to question that kids sexuality...
He starts freakin crying when he sees a good person dancing?
jeez if that were the case then anyone who holds stock in tissues would be freakin rich right now...

(there isnt much to critisize when 3of the frames are nearly exactly the same... ; |)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaziko
Basic Member
Basic Member

70. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! another DDR comic...
I say another because I make one too...but since I'm 15 and my dad won't let me get an actual website its on an msn group biggrin.gif

http://groups.msn.com/talkaboutidiocy

I just don't like advertising mine anywhere because if I did then too many people would be wanting more and more (as you have seen) and its mainly for my friends to see..because the characters are me and my friends happy.gif
..but you lucky folks can see it today...
ok good luck with yours and maybe we should link sometime

*FAVORITE SONG*
Matsuri Japan because I'm the only person in Orkney (island at top of scotland) that can do it on maniac biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
a_seal
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaziko wrote:
cool! another DDR comic...
I say another because I make one too...but since I'm 15 and my dad won't let me get an actual website its on an msn group biggrin.gif

http://groups.msn.com/talkaboutidiocy

I just don't like advertising mine anywhere because if I did then too many people would be wanting more and more (as you have seen) and its mainly for my friends to see..because the characters are me and my friends happy.gif
..but you lucky folks can see it today...
ok good luck with yours and maybe we should link sometime

The first step was posting it here. Now im sure youll get much more traffic if you keep posting.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
evilflatkiwi
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_seal wrote:
He starts freakin crying when he sees a good person dancing?
jeez if that were the case then anyone who holds stock in tissues would be freakin rich right now...

It's true the world would be a lot damper if everybody started crying when they saw a good dancer, but that's not the reason Todd started to tear. Tsuyoshi's dance inspires him, and tears emphasise how passionately he feels about this inspiration. For a comic artist, things require much overstatement.

DDR Freak "Let's Dancing" Thread
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
LiLDDRKiD
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have a question for you Jeffrey.. Are you the guy who made an arrangement of "To Zanarkand" from Final Fantasy X or something? Because I'm pretty sure I saw your name on the site...
JeffreyAtW
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiLDDRKiD - Yes, I am! I used to make MIDIs a few years ago and In Zanarkand was one of them. You can see my complete collection of MIDIs here - http://www.jeffreyatw.com/midi.shtml What site did you see my name on, BTW?

And since I'm posting I might as well mention - two new ways of getting to the site.

www.letsdancing.tk - Brad registered one of those free .tk names. It's got a banner ad, but hey, why not... it's easier than typing the full thing.

www.letsdancing.com - As I post this, the domain hasn't completely registered itself yet, but it should be up in a few days. It'll direct to the same place as well, but if all goes according to plan, it should be able to pretend that files are located on letsdancing.com, e.g. letsdancing.com/index.shtml. Yeah, that was technical.

Also, LD has broken #150 on the Top Webcomics list, and it's quickly rising. Everyone keep votin' to bring it to the top! Woo!
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is funny. Poor whats-his-name... i bet youre going to make him AA the song though aren't you!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
the younger makoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha! glad you got the domain now...

and all of you guys, congrats on breaking the top 150!! you deserve, especially every one so far has made me laugh. I still like Tsuyoshi best, but we'll just see what skills Billy and Todd have now.

I like the bgs too... I'm gonna talk to the arcade about getting a Centipede B-tches machine laugh.gif (whoa! there's a censor on this message board! HA HA)
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... most of the ARCHTIONS take place in the arcade, but I don't just want to make bland gray boxes all the time... so putting some effort into the background is fun. And no, Todd doesn't fare that well on bag, but the fact that he attempts it makes him just one heckuva silly goose.
Basic Member
Basic Member

78. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Right on Reply with quote

To Zanarkand was an awesome piece, and anyone daring enough to arrange it must be pretty cool. Congrats.
sHadOwDAncErs
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comic is filled with Teh STuPid n FunnEh Keep up the good work! E15.gif

My Pretty Much Daily Issues A Shadow can never leave traces behind
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: