Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

metal DDR pad with a serial port?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfsenshi
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: metal DDR pad with a serial port? Reply with quote

I recently bought an inch thick metal home pad off of ebay, and i got the product recently, but there is one thing that the description didnt tell me. It said it was for PS/ PS2, but in fact, it is made for the computer. It has a serial port at the end so that you could hook it up onto your PC. I need it for the PS2, and i was just wondering if anybody has a site or any information on a product that could act as a converter so that i could plug it into the PS2 controller slot. Something like an adaptor? If you have any info, please contact me via AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc. or even this forum, i would appreciate it, thank you!

DDR is a healthy addiction
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andreq
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: metal DDR pad with a serial port? Reply with quote

Wolfsenshi wrote:
I recently bought an inch thick metal home pad off of ebay, and i got the product recently, but there is one thing that the description didnt tell me. It said it was for PS/ PS2, but in fact, it is made for the computer. It has a serial port at the end so that you could hook it up onto your PC. I need it for the PS2, and i was just wondering if anybody has a site or any information on a product that could act as a converter so that i could plug it into the PS2 controller slot. Something like an adaptor? If you have any info, please contact me via AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc. or even this forum, i would appreciate it, thank you!

did you try it on PC? because some metal pad have a "serial-Ps" cable...
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, some metal pads have what look to be serial connectors, but they connect to a control box which connects to your PS/PS2. Did the pad come with a control box of some sort? If not you might have got ripped.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolfsenshi
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm no i didn't get anything like that with it. I mean the bid looked like it was official and not bootlegged or anything. So yah, i probly did get ripped, but i am sure that they make adaptors for it to the PS2. So i hopefully can find one. blink.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain to you what a control box does. On some pads, like the CobaltFlux, there is no actual electronics inside of the pad. Just electrical signals are generated, which are sent to a control box, usually a gutted Playstation controller, where the signal is interpreted.

Now, since that pad is only 1 inch thick, it sounds like you got one of those pads, since including the electronics, AND the platform would make it a bit thicker. So even if you do get an adapter, whatever you send it to will have no idea what is getting sent through it. Do you have a picture of what the pad looks like? It'd be easier to give you help if I could determine what type, if any, the pad is.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a Cyphergames version 2... the control box usually arrives later than the pad for whatever reason... give it a few days E1.gif

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Wolfsenshi
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3022758421&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

that is the pad, and in the description, it says nuthing about the serial port. It says FOR PS and PS2! so i figured it was a go. Hopefully this picture will help you, but i dont have the converter thingy yet. He didnt send us one, my bro emailed the guy we bought it from and he hasnt replied yet, we r hoping he will because we figure he might have forgotten the adaptor. A guy with this many sales wouldnt screw people over you would think. So i figure he may have forgotten. Please help me!

Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he just forgot to send a control box, unless he assumes you'll make one...
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that's a CypherGames ver2... the serial port plugs into a control box, which you should get today or tomorrow... I have the same pad (pretty much)... just wait for the control box E1.gif

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Wolfsenshi
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok guys the dude whom i bought the pad from sent the converter and it now works. Thanks for the help all of you! I guess you were right and it shipped late. Thanks again! the pad works great!

Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. If you have any more questions, or if your pad acts weird, you can always go and check out some mods you could do.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: