Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Were/furry/therian/shifter/otherkin/whatever people?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ciaratha
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chukar Partridge get the award for the worlds largest signature.
Bringer of Death
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho hum. Ho hum.
You have asked for infinity and you don't deserve it.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Chukar Partridge
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciaratha wrote:
Chukar Partridge get the award for the worlds largest signature.

Yay, I win! I feel that this award was not made to me as a man, but to my work--a life's work in the agony and sweat of the human spirit, not for glory and least of all for profit, but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something which did not exist before. So this award is only mine in trust. It will not be difficult to find a dedication for the money part of it commensurate with the purpose and significance of its origin. But I would like to do the same with the acclaim too, by using this moment as a pinnacle from which I might be listened to by the young men and women already dedicated to the same anguish and travail, among whom is already that one who will some day stand where I am standing.

Our tragedy today is a general and universal physical fear so long sustained by now that we can even bear it. There are no longer problems of the spirit. There is only one question: When will I be blown up? Because of this, the young man or woman writing today has forgotten the problems of the human heart in conflict with itself which alone can make good writing because only that is worth writing about, worth the agony and the sweat. He must learn them again. He must teach himself that the basest of all things is to be afraid: and, teaching himself that, forget it forever, leaving no room in his workshop for anything but the old verities and truths of the heart, the universal truths lacking which any story is ephemeral and doomed--love and honor and pity and pride and compassion and sacrifice. Until he does so, he labors under a curse. He writes not of love but of lust, of defeats in which nobody loses anything of value, and victories without hope and worst of all, without pity or compassion. His griefs grieve on no universal bones, leaving no scars. He writes not of the heart but of the glands.

Until he learns these things, he will write as though he stood among and watched the end of man. I decline to accept the end of man. It is easy enough to say that man is immortal because he will endure: that when the last ding-dong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tideless in the last red and dying evening, that even then there will still be one more sound: that of his puny inexhaustible voice, still talking. I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. The poet's, the writer's, duty is to write about these things. It is his privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart, by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past. The poet's voice need not merely be the record of man, it can be one of the props, the pillars to help him endure and prevail.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chukar Partridge wrote:
buzzwords

Macbeth wrote:
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing

Lay off it, Chukar, your sig is over the limits. Her accusition wasn't entirely unfounded.

Let's play nice now, kiddies.

.::edit::. Ignore that idiot part, it was just part of the quote.

Last edited by Bringer of Death on Fri May 09, 2003 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total
Ciaratha
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness when I first view the page it was I think it was 3 different bird piccies in your sig. Two were side by side and another beneath those. 'uge! It truly was the largest sig I had ever seen on DDR Freak. Though it's seems to be altered now.

Anywho, what is otherkin & shifters?
Bringer of Death
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth your time.

Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

26. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciaratha wrote:
Anywho, what is otherkin & shifters?

When he says hifters, I think he means transforming. Think werewolves.

And otherkin I guess means anything else.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckostyle wrote:
When he says hifters, I think he means transforming. Think werewolves.

And otherkin I guess means anything else.

Don't guess if you don't know, because you don't.

Just don't worry about it.

Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

28. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it so serious that you had to correct me? Jesus.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I must say you people are pretty sick and have mental issues, if you want to try to transform, be, or have sex with another animal. And that goes out to all you peole who like to look at friggin anime animals in bathing suts, what the hell is wrong with you?? You can reply to this thread as much as you want about how there is nothing wrong about fantasizing about an anime animal, or you yourself being an animal, werewolf, or even a hotdog for that matter, but you are just denying the truth that people who think that way are retards. Not retards in the sense, of acting stupid, but retards because you seriously have issues and you need to see someone about them.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E9.gif Haha! I knew this would turn into a flame thread eventually. Brenden, you have a very gross misconception of this group of people. While few people may fit your description, it is nothing more than a terrible stereotype, and many furry or animé fans would be offended by the activities you describe and would surely never want to partake in any of it. It's not a mental problem, it's more of an interest. You see active war protestors who are a minority, but you'd never say they have a mental problem (Okay, so maybe you just might). Just because a minority of the population thinks differently doesn't mean they have a mental disorder either.

Let's just say this: People do what they want because they have an interest in it, they don't bother you, you don't bother them, and everyone is happy. End of story.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Brenden
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it bothers me to read this in this forum, why don't all these "perverts" if you will, make their own "furry" board because don't care much to hear about it. This is a board for DDR not about people who want to turn into strange creatures. That is why I came to this board, to hear about DDR. I don't see how I am making a stereo type of anybody, I said for the people out who 'do' do that, wanting to fornicate with animals, look at them in bath suits, anime hentai, not all the people on this board.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Tamarik
Staff Member
Staff Member

32. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenden wrote:
You can reply to this thread as much as you want about how there is nothing wrong about fantasizing about an anime animal, or you yourself being an animal, werewolf, or even a hotdog for that matter, but you are just denying the truth that people who think that way are retards. Not retards in the sense, of acting stupid, but retards because you seriously have issues and you need to see someone about them.

First of all, you get a big fat three-point warning for this little outburst. I don't care what you have against furry/were/shifter/otherkin or whatever, but you are not allowed to express your opinions in a degratory, inflammatory manner to anyone for any reason.

Now, since i'm probably the most vocal furry fan on this board, I'd like to reply to you in a sane, civil manner, and we'll see how it goes from there.

I am not a skunkfucker. In saying that, I'm declaring that most people in the furry fandom are not advocates in bestiality. (I dare not speak for all people in the fandom, as using generalizations in discussions such as this only acts as an irritant.) In addition, if I were to meet someone and find out that said person porks horses in their spare time, I'd probably get mad enough to beat their faces in until they smell their hair from the inside.

The reason being is that I love animals, and not in any carnal, Tab-A-into-Slot-B fashion. I've studied animals from scientific and anthopological standpoint. I've been accepted into one of the best veterinary colleges in the country (Auburn University), and only due to family and money issues was I not able to attend. I love animals for their grace and beauty, for their roles in the ecological system and function in the world we live in.

Over time, I gravitated towards big cats, mostly lions and leopards, and in studying their habits and physiology, I seemed to "understand" them on a more personal level. I've collected various trinkets and mementos of the genus and species and formed a sort of bond with the sociological facets that they represent: strength in both solitary and family groups, regality, capability for both ferocity and compassion.

It's at this point that I probably crossed whatever line you've drawn in the sand that denotes sanity and insanity. In my bonding with what these cats stood for, I fashioned a totem for myself, an amalgamation of human and feline traits, mixing the best of both worlds into a fantasy that was my own personal creation, something that stood for what I believed in. I decided that he would be a melanistic (black) jaguar, with bespectacled eyesight just like myself and a physique that befits a marginally satisfactory active life. I didn't make him to be better-than-ideal or perfect, I made him me.

So what does all this have to do with sex, then? It's should be common sense at this point, but I'll explain, just in case. My character, Tamarik, is very dear to me. He's a part of my psyche, just like my ego and id. Other people in the furry fandom are just as attached to the characters they've created for themselves as well. They're more than just a fantasy, they're an integral part of who they are, and so when viewing artwork or novels that are furry in nature, they connect with the meaning of the work on a very personal level.

Knowing this, eroticism isn't a very big leap. Eventually, when such a connection in imaginitive works is created, it becomes quite intimate, and the one beholding it often times desires it to be intimate to the point of eroticism. It's not that far from the normal human desire to mate: most people have a hard-wired desire in their psyche to mate with someone of the opposite sex. Furries have that same desire, just some of that is channeled through their totems since the characters they have created for themselves are so integral a part of their existiances that whether it's a human or a furry engaging in an act of sex, it makes no difference.

This is a far cry from your indictments, that people that engage in such activities are bestialists, or people that enjoy screwing animals. Those that do engage in bestiality are truly sick: they derive their pleasure not through personal totems to which the creator knows is fantasy, but rather in carnal, debaucherous domination of a lower species in a real setting. There are some that would justify that the animal consents, or that they truly feel love from the creature. If I play devil's advocate, I can certainly see that side of the coin, but that doesn't make it right, and that doesn't equate furry to bestiality in the least.

On the issue of being sick for wanting to be a furry or another animal, I've already given my explanation as to why I chose to create Tamarik and to make him such an integral part of who I am as a human. Tamarik is all the things that I find good and proper in cats an humans, mixed together into what I consider to be a good being: strong and steadfast, loving, caring, friendly and easygoing. Tamarik is what I strive to be everyday, but in saying that, I'm not declaring my life's goal is to become a anthropromorphic feline. I'm declaring, like many in the furry fandom, that I'm bettering myself through this totem, to be more like him as a person, and Tamarik is all good things. Sure, it's an unorthodox and roundabout way of improving myself, but it's the method that I've chosen and feels "right" for me. So if you want to call me a retard for crafting this animal as a tool for self-betterment, I must honestly question who the retarded one is.

Brendon wrote:
Well, it bothers me to read this in this forum, why don't all these "perverts" if you will, make their own "furry" board because don't care much to hear about it. This is a board for DDR not about people who want to turn into strange creatures. That is why I came to this board, to hear about DDR. I don't see how I am making a stereo type of anybody, I said for the people out who 'do' do that, wanting to fornicate with animals, look at them in bath suits, anime hentai, not all the people on this board

As far as I know, I nor anyone else on these boards is holding a gun to your head and making you read this post. If you don't want to hear about it, then by all means, ignore the threads and move on. If you "accidentally" click on something that you've no interest in, then please have the maturity in the future to move along without causing incident.
Brenden
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to keep this thread going on in a fighting matter, but again, I DIDN'T SAY THAT EVERYBODY DID THAT poopy! frust.gif OK, obviously there are people out here like yourself who study animals, VETS and other biologists. Do you assume I think they want to get it on with a animal just because they chose that as their profession? If you assume that you are wrong. Not defending beastiality because I know it's wrong, how can you make the accusation that people who commit beastiality don't have pyche or feel the same way about your 'totem phylosophy'. There 'you' stereotype people. All I said was the people out there who did that stuff has problems. And don't worry I will definately stay away from these posts in the near future, but I still don't see how they belong in this forum.
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, Brenden, people have a right to like furries. You don't like them, just say so. No need to discourage people.

I myself are not into furries, but into anime characters, which fall into a similar category as furries. Now if I fell in love with an anime woman and worshipped her, fantasized about se><0ring her, yes, that is a problem. Just liking her and getting off on images of her is fine. It makes me a little weird, but IT'S FINE.

Get over it.
View users profile Send private message
Ciaratha
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I am quite a full fledged furry. I like cat girls and draw lots of them. Also tons of elves. Personally I have an biiiiiig elven affinity. Particularly to anime big ear style followed by the classic D&D defination. I like other fey creatures as well. I am not going to run out and have plastic surgery on my cheekbones and ears to achieve the look (granted they have somewhat of a pointy look that I get half-elf jokes from time to time). But like what the this mystical race represents and it qualities. Some of the social tendencies and beliefs (yes I will hug a tree and shoot a litter bug). My avatar name is the shortened name for my elven alter ego I use in the RPG community. I don't strive to become an elf more as I want to emulate some of the good characteristics that this race has.

Now if I could only get the body of a bad ass dark elf or half dark elf I'd be set. j/k E15.gif
Bringer of Death
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenden wrote:
Not to keep this thread going on in a fighting matter, but again, I DIDN'T SAY THAT EVERYBODY DID THAT poopy! frust.gif OK, obviously there are people out here like yourself who study animals, VETS and other biologists.

You crack me up Branden. Beastiality != Furry. At all. Beastiality = Beastiality. Zoophilia = Beastiality.

Here, have my story. I like tigers. A lot. I have 3 tiger posters on my wall, 3 tiger calendars, 1 drawing on my wall, and 3 video-game related pictures with the tigers on them on my wall. I have another 2 tiger related items(bookmark) on my wall. Most of my passwords to things are tiger related. Sadly, I only have 3 shirts with tigers on them. My hotbar at the top of this explorer has a tiger on it. My desktop has 27 tiger pictures it constantly changes every 15 minutes. I have a tiger screen saver. And I watch Animal Planet when there's a tiger special on it.

Does this mean I want to have sex with a tiger? HAHA, you still crack me up Brenden. I like tigers because they're a beautiful creature, but I don't like them sexually. In fact, I don't like any animal sexually.

What you're talking about, with beastiality, is the exception. And as with every exception, that does not make the rule. And you're right, those people have serious mental problems, in my opinion. Just remember that no matter how much you don't like it, people will still do it. I hate porn, personally, but hey, that's not going to stop you from looking at it, is it? I'd say about 1% of furries are beastialics. Heh, I think I made up a new word.

Brenden wrote:
I still don't see how they belong in this forum

Oh, but they do. There seems to be a large amounts of furries who like DDR, for reasons I've said before. Why not make a thread about it?

Brenden, I ask that you look before you leap. Make sure your info is most certainly correct. Don't put all your cards on the table before seeing what happens.

Oh, and tigers aren't strange creatures, Brenden thumb.gif

Trir
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off in whole time i seen discussion on people who disagree with the fandom i dont think i ever seen expalined as well as Tamarik did. Awesome. I, myself, is part of the Anthropomorphic fandom. mostly art wise but as stated my character i draw is like an extension of myself.
Also do like ddr. As for reason why there be a good percentage of furres that like DDR. not sure, I was introduced to it at AC2002 and just went from there. Either way still want to say awesome responce from Tamarik ;p
Bringer of Death
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear that's the last time I'll ever put a long ass post defending the furry fandom.

Trir
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not adding ya in there Natural Born Hero. You deserve as much credit as Tamarik and anyone else who is atleast tolerable of the fandom and expresses it. =)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: