Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Played IIDX for the first time at home
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

q*kumbr wrote:
Put HBG on Random and pray for an easier note pattern.

Hahahaha... Nah, I'll just keep practicing it until I can finally clear it. Last time on HBG 7key I got up to 100% until the end... then I failed because it returned to the tough pattern the beginning throws out with lots of 1,3,and 4 key hits. X-x

On 7-key I finally beat Presto, and I got my Sync score up to a B... though, the end knocks me right back down to failing every time. >.< Lamour et la liberte did the same thing to me. I finish the song with a B, and with 78% life... the roll right at the end nails me every time... I always seem to start off on the wrong key, and can't get it back. X_x 100% right down to 70's. I love it how that happens sooooo much on 7key. Wooo!!!

It's like... "haha, think you beat me? NO! Go back home you loser that can't do weird 16th note chain combinations!" I can't believe the huge step I made in IIDX just today alone... it's ridiculous. Something just clicked in my mind, and I started to be able to read my left and right hand seperately, so I could finally pump out more than one rhythm at once. Crazy...
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saiyajin wrote:
I can't believe the huge step I made in IIDX just today alone... it's ridiculous. Something just clicked in my mind, and I started to be able to read my left and right hand seperately, so I could finally pump out more than one rhythm at once. Crazy...

Heck yeah man! I love it when I get these IIDX EXP boosts too. I've found that it happens to us all, but the problem is, are you just having a good day? Because I have come back and been BITCHED by the same songs that I've own3d, and in public too laugh.gif.

Now if I could just make it through this Saturday Expert Course....
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xiayu [7keys] wrote:

Heck yeah man! I love it when I get these IIDX EXP boosts too. I've found that it happens to us all, but the problem is, are you just having a good day? Because I have come back and been BITCHED by the same songs that I've own3d, and in public too laugh.gif.

Now if I could just make it through this Saturday Expert Course....

Hahaha... it was partially just a good day! Hahaha... though, today I upped my Sync L7 Ex-score to a 969; yes, 7 points away from a AAA(got that same exscore two times in a row). DAMN IT!!! >.< I missed a full great combo by 1 good. AHhhhhhhh!!!
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!!!!! Last week I couldn't beat The Safari L7 from 6th style... and now I'm clearing it with 100% life with an A!!! 1 more A to get on 6th style L7... G2. That is tough to score on. X_x

Yeah, these crazy boosts in skill overnight are ridiculous!
Straight Dizzle
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing IIDX for quite some time and i still gotta say, G2 is a doggy on light 7 or 7 key.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say so. I don't really know what's tough about the ending of G2 [7], but it always destroys my groove gauge.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 is much more forgiving on light14 than it is on light7. After clearing it, I quickly wanted to play the 14keys version, but then I had to quit to go practice for a DDR tournament coming up.... I'll give it a try later, but I have to say that G2 is overrated to be a 6* on light14.
Basic Member
Basic Member

27. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saiyajin wrote:

Ha ha, sorry. I just got done with an incredibly frustrating play of IIDX... I don't usually use such negatively strong words as "loathe"... but, ugh. I kept failing Absolute 7-key with a 78%... and I can't seem to pump it up that extra 2 percent... not to mention get above a 60% anymore. Ugh... I probably tried it 20 times in a row... the end always gets me.

Reminds me of Love Will[a]. First time I tried it I got 70%, then couldn't get above 40% for the longest time. That's the point when you stop for a while and just try other stuff, then come back to the song later. Otherwise you get frustrated and sick of the same song.

And playing various songs on random is still just awesome for improving your skill.
View users profile Send private message
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got all my A's on L7(well, I did that like 3 days ago). Ugh, that took a long time for G2... 59 AA's, 2 AAA's, and 8 A's for L7 on 6th style. Phew.

G2 is crazy on 7key. I know, the ending is pretty much the same as the L7 ending... just with a few scratches added here and there, and a few extra keys here and there. Though, I, too, get demolished by the end. Hahaha, but the rest of the song also demolishes me... so I guess it's fair that I finish with around 50%... I can't even do the part with the bass line mixed with those other melodies(so, pretty much the entire song). Hahaha... oh well. It's times like this when I wish I had another style to play... so I could add to my variety, and sight-read new songs and new sequences. I guess right now I'll have to settle for random+mirror. =/ Though, it doesn't help with deriving new melodies... which new songs would do. =/
kami
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
I'd say so. I don't really know what's tough about the ending of G2 [7], but it always destroys my groove gauge.

Me too. But it's weird. On some days, the ending kills me, but on others, it helps me. And then there are days when I just can't get above 30% at all. >_<
Katokes ~Jonen Pie Style~
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its been two weeks since i've been playing IIDX 3rd style and i'm already up to 4-star songs on L7. Yesterday i FC'd Can't Stop Fallin' In Love. I'm pretty happy with myself, Tangerine Stream is in no way a 1-Star song on L7 laugh.gif I just ordered 6th Style last night also so i'll be able to do songs like V, Sync, and B4U soon, which of course makes me happy.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Zero: when we had 4th style at Golfland, it was rated a 1-star, and everyone picked who picked Tangerine Stream for their first song ever ALWAYS failed. Some people who picked 5.1.1. got it and some others didn't, but at least they didn't have a 100% failure rate ;-)

It was bumped up to a 2-star rating in later styles FYI.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tangerine Stream is no problem for me anymore, its fun now, but it's a good thing it was made a two-star song, as for 5.1.1 thats the first song i've beaten on 3rd Style, but you, Crystal, are lucky for haveing a IIDX machine near you laugh.gif
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the day of passage into IIDX finally happened to me tonight. With G2, 7key... My first flashing-7 song cleared! =D I only had a B... but, none-the-less, I finished with 92% life. =D Yeah... well, I just got overly excited when I cleared G2... wasn't expecting to, but it sorta just happened... crazy. I guess the end in 7key isn't much different from the end in L7... so, that's why I was able to clear it. I played the L7 to death, until I got an A on it...(that song is hard to score on). =D So excited...

I thought I remembered seeing a "first flashing-7" thread... but that would be a "survey", so it was probably locked. =/
Oogami128
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you pass G2 [7k] it's kind of like riding a bike, though sometimes you'll still fall off. E7.gif I can pass G2 [L7] with an A, [7K] with a B (though I'm REALLY close to an A), and I'll be damned if I can pass G2 [a] at all, though I come close and can fail it with a B.
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't coming close, and failing with a B, A, or AA the case for most songs on Another?
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i just got 6th Style and it took me a weekend to beat B4U and V on L7, next i'm going for Sync and Frozen Ray.
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dj K-Zero wrote:
Well i just got 6th Style and it took me a weekend to beat B4U and V on L7, next i'm going for Sync and Frozen Ray.

Don't forget the other 65 songs on 6th style now E13.gif. They are all great fun, and they are all great songs too, although I can only tolerate Luv To me (disco mix) for so long.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif well yea, I havent forgotten about the other songs..i just feel proud that i've beaten those two particular songs..they've beaten me for too long! laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow on my first try i've beaten Starmine with an A rating and i got my V score up to an A also, i've beaten almost half of the songs on 6th style, i just need to work on the ending of Sync, i can almost taste that passing B... laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: