Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Played IIDX for the first time at home
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katokes ~Jonen Pie Style~
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Played IIDX for the first time at home Reply with quote

Yesterday my Modded PS2 finally came in, and i finally got a chance to play IIDX at home, i have 3rd style, and let me just say that this is one hard game. I knew 3rd style was an ok style but i didnt know that the difficulty would be so high. Much respect to anyone who can do Another mode or flashing 7star songs E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Style was the last Style I ended up getting, so after starting off with 6th Style, and moving back, I have to say that 3rd Style seemed to be somewhat of a breeze until I got to songs like the S.O.S.es. Welcome to el IIDX familia!
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nehh, don't give much respect to me. I can pass a few Another songs one-handed...but they're songs like Sitck Around, Ballad For You (both on 6th Style). I can't remember if I passed a Flashing 7...is G2 on 5 Key flashing 7? If so, um, yeah. E15.gif
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ LES! wrote:
is G2 on 5 Key flashing 7? If so, um, yeah. E15.gif

Not by a long shot. I think you were just kidding about that statement though, so I'm going to laugh about it now.

*imagines if flashing 7s were as easy as 5 key songs*
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got beatmania 4 months ago and I can do some anothers... B4U, GOB ~WS~, R&J, Buffalo, Y31...
Just play it a lot and you'll be breezing through 7-stars really soon.
View users profile Send private message
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xiayu [7keys] wrote:
DJ LES! wrote:
is G2 on 5 Key flashing 7? If so, um, yeah. E15.gif

You obviously have not seen 321 Stars [a].
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIDX~ SA.M ~IIDX wrote:
Xiayu [7keys] wrote:
DJ LES! wrote:
is G2 on 5 Key flashing 7? If so, um, yeah. ;P

You obviously have not seen 321 Stars [a].

I think he meant 5-key mode on IIDX. There are no hard songs on 5-key (or 10-key) mode on IIDX.

Besides, the notes to 321 stars-a are pretty easy. It's just that it requires you to hit them with pretty good timing.
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing IIDX for probably over two months now... and I still can't play about 5 six-star songs, all but two 7-star songs, and EVERY flashing 7 song from 6th style 7-key mode. I think whoever can do that crap is insanely talented with hand-eye coordination... and I loathe each and every person who can. I loathe them incredibly.
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heart you too, Saiyajin.
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal wrote:
I heart you too, Saiyajin.

Ha ha, sorry. I just got done with an incredibly frustrating play of IIDX... I don't usually use such negatively strong words as "loathe"... but, ugh. I kept failing Absolute 7-key with a 78%... and I can't seem to pump it up that extra 2 percent... not to mention get above a 60% anymore. Ugh... I probably tried it 20 times in a row... the end always gets me.

There will always be people that are better than I will ever be, and I'll get over it... eventually. Hahaha... X_x
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, it's ok, I didn't actually think you were serious! Besides, that's the same reason I hate that Safari-AAA'ing jerk who comes on this board. ;-)

-Crystal
Madek
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal wrote:
that's the same reason I hate that Safari-AAA'ing jerk who comes on this board. ;-)
If I ever see that guy in real life im going to punch him in the lips

Last edited by Madek on Wed May 07, 2003 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qkumbr, I know we've taken pictures of us AAAing songs on DDR before, but if you can clear songs like Get On Beat (Wild Style) [a] ALREADY, and you just started playing four months ago, you can take pictures of that too and I will give you just as much credit as a friggin DDR AAA.

I can't even clear GOB (WS) on 7keys yet and I've been playing for almost 7 months now, and I just cleared my first flashing 7 a few weeks back, so you've got my interest. Show me the proof kind sir!
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Qkumbr means that he has passed some anothers and those songs he mentioned, not that he passed those songs that he mentioned on another.

But even if he had, that doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me. I mean, I'm doing pretty well (Passed V! Woot!) and I've only been playing for 6 or 7 months, and I hardly play at all. I don't even own the game, so I can only play it at the arcade (many miles away, and I spend most of my time playing DDR), or at my friend's house (but he's often loaning his JPS2 out to his friend).

I'm sure if you played enough, you could easily pass some flashing 7 anothers in four months.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't even clear GOB (WS) on 7keys yet and I've been playing for almost 7 months now, and I just cleared my first flashing 7 a few weeks back, so you've got my interest. Show me the proof kind sir!
Well, you play one handed, and I can only do that crazy one hand thing up to 5-6 stars on L7. As for GOB (WS), I can get a pic on the records screen and email it to ya.
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the drum rolls in get on beat ~wild style~ are more fun one handed

i still can't do the another one handed ;(
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_o Wow. I can't do most another songs period... even the 5 star Anothers give me a tough time. X_x I think it's about time I invest in a new style, so I can expand my song knowledge... The worst part about living in Michigan is that there are no IIDX machines anywhere in the state. Sooooooo... the only playing I can do is at home on my 6th style. I mean, playing on Random+mirror helps make me more familiar with key sequences and such... but, there's nothing like sight reading new music completely to help gain experience. I can't seem to progress much more into 7-key right now... =/ I still can't believe so many people can play Another songs. It's amazing... Simply amazing. I hope someday I can play Another comfortably... though, I doubt it will ever happen. I'm still developing my motor skills... I find myself walking into walls most of the day, and poking myself in the forhead with my spoon when I try to eat my baby formula. =/ Oh well, maybe when I gain some of those motor skills, I'll be able to do more difficult things in IIDX! E4.gif
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

q*kumbr wrote:
Well, you play one handed, and I can only do that crazy one hand thing up to 5-6 stars on L7.

One handed, two handed, just our style of play, but I still think that's incredible that you can do that! How did you get so good so fast? I get the feeling we aren't going to get too own3d when we start heading up to the Break to play 8th Style E7.gif.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo yeah! I made some progress in IIDX today! =D I beat 4 more 7star songs on 7-key 6th style! Yay! 44 down... only 25 to go... X_x Which are all 7 and flashing 7... except for that darn Hyper Boundary Gate 6star... Ugh... so hard. X_x Ugh..... I don't think I'll ever clear a flashing 7.
MATTY V.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put HBG on Random and pray for an easier note pattern.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: