Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ARGH!! these new members really gotta read the FAQs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bringer of Death
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
but 6?, 9!? what do you have to do to get that?

Make it obvious you don't want to be here.

Nitro wrote:
posting a link as harmless as outwar should not merit an instant ban.

Harmless? Yes. Annoying? TO THE EXTREME.

This is a private board and they can do whatever they want with it. If you don't like the rules they set up for it, then leave. As far as I can tell, no one is holding a knife to your neck saying you have to be here.
You have asked for infinity and you don't deserve it.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural Born Hero wrote:
Nitro wrote:
but 6?, 9!? what do you have to do to get that?

Make it obvious you don't want to be here.
Like... what was that guy a while back? gokuddrf69--? (the -- started as 69, and increased by 1 every time he got banned)

He may have been annoying to some people, but I thought he was a laugh riot. What did he think he would accomplish by trolling like that? If he was trying to piss me off, he sure screwed that up, because he had me laughing my ass off every time he came back after being banned.

...but I digress.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
And is Niq still enforcing the "random chat rule"? I thinks its BS, posting a link as harmless as outwar should not merit an instant ban.

It merits a ban because Niq says it merits a ban. If someone waltzes into Random Chat and ignorantly posts one of those things when Niq made the consequences quite clear, then yes. He deserves to be banned.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
I've heard of 1/2/3 point warnings, but 6?, 9!? what do you have to do to get that? Hack the site or something? I seem to recall hearing about someone doing that actually, but I won't say who. And is Niq still enforcing the "random chat rule"? I thinks its BS, posting a link as harmless as outwar should not merit an instant ban.

The 6 was used a few times for when someone double-violates in one post (spamming AND flaming, for instance), but was apparently not supposed to be in the system and is gone now.

9 is reserved for returning banned users who can't take the hint, as well as very, very extreme violations.

And I think anyone posting an outwar link should not only instantly get an IP ban, but should also be shot. Repeatedly.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see...

Natural Born Hero wrote:
This is a private board and they can do whatever they want with it. If you don't like the rules they set up for it, then leave. As far as I can tell, no one is holding a knife to your neck saying you have to be here.

Sheesh, calm down, I was just saying that I think its a little harsh, thats all.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reasoning behind the "Outwar link = banned" rule is two-fold:

1) A lot of the people who posted an Outwar link didn't say it was an Outwar link - probably because they knew that nobody would click it if they knew what it was. So they made vague advertisments of their link "Click on this - it's the coolest site ever!". That's dishonest.

2) I believe that this sort of thing was beginning to sprout up quite a bit on on the Random Chat boards. It's one thing when you have to deal with them occasionally, but I think eventually it reached a point that the mods got tired of locking/warning everyone who did it, hence the ultimatum.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: