Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDRGirls: We have a website just for us!!! (kinda)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Now I am walkin' around in the sight of the town...
120. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No DDRfreakettes. Nonononononono!!!!! E15.gif

I'm completely torn on having guys help, actually...

But I forgot one of the big things I need help with. My plan is to set up a database of DDR song origins. Sure the Konami Originals came from Konami, but what about the rest? So a listing of what cd's to find the original versions of those songs would be a big help. Also, I want to go through all the Dancemania cd's and list them, with each DDR song linked to the Dancemania cd's it was in. Even better: I'd have serial numbers and links to amazon.co.jp to make ordering them all easier.

Only it's a huge task that involves a ton of searching, so if there are people with a love for google and semi-leet Nihongo skills (basically just katakana and hiragana, though more knowledge would be oh-so-helpful for reading stuff other than album titles) who would like to help, boy do I have work for you E1.gif

(And yes, I didn't get the domain today... Got distracted by the Ex nearby. Just had to play some onis. And then read 3 volumes of Cardcaptor Sakura at Borders. And then searched for dance/trance cd's with DDR stuff. And now: Matrix Reloaded!)
View users profile Send private message
[GA] Gunslinger Jetz
Trick Member
Trick Member

121. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a URL for this DDRgirls webpage yet?
Trick Member
Trick Member

122. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maizie wrote:
I'm completely torn on having guys help, actually...

... what about feminine guys? ::Waves his hand cutely.:: laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... Seems like a task, but the soundtrack songlists are on Konami's website (J version) It takes alot of navigation, but its not hard to find the DM stuff... In fact it's pretty easy... ((Don't forget trance ravers people!)) Hmm...

I can't think of anything else...
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

124. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure you message me if you want some help E1.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

125. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good at doing the "dirty work," you know, ahem* destroying the evidence... I'm good at conspiracy and very good at things that require stealth. No matter how legitimate your site, eventually you'll need my help some time or another. So you know where to find me.
Parvus Imperator
Trick Member
Trick Member

126. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellan wrote:
Well, I'll probably visit that site once in a while... drool.gif

Two more cents... laugh.gif

I've been researching DDR as a music outlet and I noticed that DDR Extreme freestyling is more inclined for women than men... Lip syncing is important, and I think there are more songs with female vocals that there are male ones... And c'mon, back in the day of 5th and below, allota guys' and me too, played on the two player because they wanted to play the girl... (I like Tamako from 3rd home... Cat deformities forever! But Alice snatched my heart afterwards...) Since I'm now obsessed with Mobo Moga AND White Lovers, I can safely say that a girl playing those songs would generally look more impressive than a guy. disgust.gif Hah, I would hate to see a boxers or briefs post anyway, and I know it came up once...

And if I did sound like a desperate guy, that's because I am, and totally not afraid to admit my lack of social skills, and c'mon, Temecula does not have female freestylers... disturb.gif

Woohoo! God, I wanna' see that site! If it is up, I'm too lazy to look in the middle of 5+ pages of posts for a url... erm.gif

And please, don't gender act, I've done it and it will NEVER get off my conscience...

Before you read this, I think you should be cautioned that I am an 18-year old male in the U.S. Army ROTC, 'sequestered' in an all-male Jesuit school...

Lip syncing, all right, but when it comes to the men -- specifically the horizontally challenged -- which some of us are (not me, definitely not me) they need DDR than DDR needing them. Furthermore, Mobo Moga has potential for a song worth freestyling, if you notice the spins and slides in Heavy mode. I concur on White Lovers, no guy likes that song.

And I can dissent that I have never seen female freestylers, and that I'd pay to see that (I didn't mean that in a derogatory way, I just think that's interesting)...
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to prove that I've done work on the site, here's a little preview of the first logo.

And I bought hosting. So while there's nothing at ddrgirls.sixoption.net now, soon there will be![/img]
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

128. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's up!

The DDRGirls forum can be found at ddrgirls.sixoption.net. If you volunteered, expect a PM. Or just go to those forums and post in the help wanted area. Things are still a little rough right now, but they'll improve! So go, register, post a bit, help me figure out if I set up everything all right. E1.gif

The site itself will come later.
Kel_Ichijouji
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of things would you need help on? I'd cehck the site, but I'm on my way out the door. Lemme know, and I'll see if I can help, too. E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: