Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDRGirls: We have a website just for us!!! (kinda)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zep wrote:
are Males DDRers alowd on the web site Forums¿

They've addressed this before... did you read the entire thread?

Yes, male DDRers were said to be welcomed, though the topics covered on the page will be strictly female-esque... meaning, girl topics = good, guy topics = bad.
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Now I am walkin' around in the sight of the town...
101. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saiyajin wrote:
Zep wrote:
are Males DDRers alowd on the web site Forums¿

They've addressed this before... did you read the entire thread?

Yes, male DDRers were said to be welcomed, though the topics covered on the page will be strictly female-esque... meaning, girl topics = good, guy topics = bad.

Note that I won't be deciding what's a "guy topic" and what's a "girl topic". If it's of interest to DDR girls, it's for the site. No discriminating against those girls whose tastes aren't stereotypical. That's no fun E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
Oolong
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
please tell me you live near me

Depends. If you live just north of Ottawa...
then no.
But if you live in the north puget sound region, then the answer is yes. biggrin.gif laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
jen-ie-o .59
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggrin.gif I wanna be part of it! ...somehow...
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
NAOKi SYNDROME
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll probably visit that site once in a while... drool.gif

Two more cents... laugh.gif

I've been researching DDR as a music outlet and I noticed that DDR Extreme freestyling is more inclined for women than men... Lip syncing is important, and I think there are more songs with female vocals that there are male ones... And c'mon, back in the day of 5th and below, allota guys' and me too, played on the two player because they wanted to play the girl... (I like Tamako from 3rd home... Cat deformities forever! But Alice snatched my heart afterwards...) Since I'm now obsessed with Mobo Moga AND White Lovers, I can safely say that a girl playing those songs would generally look more impressive than a guy. disgust.gif Hah, I would hate to see a boxers or briefs post anyway, and I know it came up once...

And if I did sound like a desperate guy, that's because I am, and totally not afraid to admit my lack of social skills, and c'mon, Temecula does not have female freestylers... disturb.gif

Woohoo! God, I wanna' see that site! If it is up, I'm too lazy to look in the middle of 5+ pages of posts for a url... erm.gif

And please, don't gender act, I've done it and it will NEVER get off my conscience...
cdf12345
Basic Member
Basic Member

105. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: my .02 Reply with quote

ok I've been a lurker for a while but I figured I'd chime in finally.

More power to the DDR for Girls site, the girls will dig it and the guys will secretly read it but pretend they don't.

Secondly, i don't know anyone who's hooked up with someone they met playing DDR. But it's quite funny to watch people try.

Personally, I play to have fun, and I dont really care what people think, ok that's a little big of a lie, I feel self consciense playing Std mode after some girl owned Bag doubles, on heavy.

Which some girl did like 3 weeks ago at cyberstation @ Golf Mill, if you're out there you know who you are.

I don't see a site for girls only being seperatist in nature. I think of it as a specialization of a section of DDR.

Does gender really matter in DDR? probably not, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more girls starting to play the game.

Actually 90% of the females I see play usually play with their boyfriend.

Playing DDR is like going to a Gym. Some people are there to improve their performance, some people are there just to say they go, and some people are there as a social event to meet other people.

Actually, I think I get a better workout with DDR then a gym.....hmmm maybe that high school was onto something.....

DDR has way better music than most gyms too.

Back on topic though, I feel it's refreshing to see girls playing DDR, and because the male to female ratio of players is seriously tilted towards the men, I would think anything to help more girls discover or enjoy the game more is a good move.

And if any guys start to whine about it tell em to get a sex change.
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdf12345: Well, two of my friends got hooked up with girls from DDR. Actually, one of them is getting MARRIED to her... and the other has been going out with the other girl for around 7 months now. So, it does happen.

Most of the time girls that don't play DDR feel so awkward around the topic that they won't even speak the word. The last girl I dated wouldn't ALLOW me to play DDR when I was going out with her. There was even an instance where we were at the mall, and walked right by a DDR machine... I asked if she minded if I played a few games, and she started whining about not wanting to watch me play. So, naturally, since she wouldn't respect my hobbies I broke up with her.

I'm sure that I'm not the only guy who has gone through stuff like that... so I can totally understand why guys that play DDR would want to find a girl comfortable with the game as well. Once you get into DDR, you find that it occupies a lot of time... so... a girl against DDR = no DDR for the guy. It's just the way it is. Either give up DDR, or find a girl comfortable with DDR. I know I don't want to give up DDR...!!!
RecklessAndUnderpaid
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zep wrote:
Naoki89 wrote:
Zep wrote:

* Not alot of hot grils play At My mall

ahem, are there any girls that play at your mall? why is being hot so important? disgust.gif

Yes there are girls that play at my Mall but I said that there is not any HOT girls Like super model Girls ok

disgust.gif good luck finding one bub

kewl....im quoting someone that quoted me....
Kel_Ichijouji
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm all for it! One thing I KNOW I can't stand as a female is when I'm playing DDR on standard, difficult, or expert (all I have around is USA Mix), and I get all sweaty, then this group of guys think they're hot stuff and start jumping on the pad next to me, or whislting at me. Can we say annoying? disgust.gif

Oh, and Saiyajin... if she couldn't repsect your hobbies, it was a good idea to break up. If one can't respect another's hobbies... then drop them! E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Oolong
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump, because i think this is a good topic...
and i want to find out who that guy is E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Psychesoft
Basic Member
Basic Member

110. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saiyajin wrote:
Anck-Su-Namun wrote:
Saiyajin wrote:

But, seriously... more girls should just step up and play. It's not like people will disrespect you for trying... there really is nothing to lose!

I only ever felt bad once playing DDR cuz I was a girl. A guy watching me...I know him well too..Actually got a ::cough:: hard*n watching me play...OMG i felt soo "ewww". So now I feel like if "maybe" every guy is watching me play with sic little ideas in their head..Uughh...guys suck!
An all girls web site for DDR would soo Rock!! I really would like to see someone make one!!

o_o Perhaps he just shifted his legs funny... sometimes pants curve weird; especially jeans. Besides, you say you know him well... So, is he a jerk, or a nice guy? If he is a nice guy, don't assume the worst... Unfortunately, most guys are jerks; but don't assume that of all of us. There are still good guys that can be DDR-Friends with girls without "sic little ideas in their head". I know that I don't have "sick little ideas in my head" when I see a girl play... first thing I do when I watch people play DDR is look at the screen, to see how well they are doing... In fact, I rarely watch people move their bodies when they play... unless they freestyle.

Besides, shouldn't you feel good that you are attractive to guys? I thought that's what all girls wanted... =/

~edit: Sorry I got off topic. I'll help spread the word if you guys (girls) decide to do this! =D Sounds like a good idea to me!

OT: Biologically speaking, a sexually mature male gets at least one erection every 90 minutes, whether stimulated or not. So it could have been just coincidence, but most likely it wasn't.
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel_Ichijouji wrote:
Well, I'm all for it! One thing I KNOW I can't stand as a female is when I'm playing DDR on standard, difficult, or expert (all I have around is USA Mix), and I get all sweaty, then this group of guys think they're hot stuff and start jumping on the pad next to me, or whislting at me. Can we say annoying? disgust.gif

Oh, and Saiyajin... if she couldn't repsect your hobbies, it was a good idea to break up. If one can't respect another's hobbies... then drop them! E7.gif

Gah, I can't believe I missed this post. Good thing someone bumped it. E13.gif

I can't believe the guys are so mean that they harrass you like that. You should beat them up... or get one of your guy-friends to beat them up... I know I would at least chew them out if I caught them doing that to a girl playing DDR.

Breaking up sucks though. Because you know that after that you probably won't find another girl to go out with for a long time... and then you start to wonder, "If I do go out with another girl anytime soon, will she respect me? Probably not..." And then they take advantage of you, and your money(which soon dries up)... and then hang you out to dry as they go out with their new boyfriend, leaving you hurting inside, and with no money. ... E2.gif
blink.gif
Anyway, when is this site going to be up? I want to check it out... it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun for both genders; even though it is focused on females. E13.gif I can't wait! Ha ha...
sHadOwDAncErs
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea when is this site going to be up? Who's the committee that is working on this site? Maybe I can help out with the Graphics if need any riiight.gif

I think this site would be awesome if it had all the right things in it. Can't wait! E1.gif

My Pretty Much Daily Issues A Shadow can never leave traces behind
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

113. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! I was hoping you guys would forget. E13.gif

Exam week was so incredibly stressful that I've needed a vacation away from doing much of anything at all in order to get my sanity back. So I've spent the last couple of days reading manga, sleeping, watching anime, playing itty bitty bits of DDR, and generally doing nothing.

However, I do have some logo ideas, and I've already picked out a host. I just need to figure out how much bandwidth I need. Don't want to buy too little, but getting too much would suck... My plan was to just get SOMETHING up and then to see if people would help through that.

So anyway, tomorrow between turning in my post office key and seeing about borrowing some furniture for my new place and picking up Matrix Reloaded tickets and watching the Matrix Reloaded and turning in those library books so they'll let me graduate, I'll do more work on the site.

I asked about helping before, but I didn't make a list of people who said they were interested because it was exam week and my stress level was through the roof, so here goes again. Mainly right now I need help with figuring out how much bandwidth to get and how to set up the forums. Later, I'll need design stuff (because though I love to play around with artsy stuff, there are tons of people who are better at it than me E1.gif) and people to help with writing articles and things. So if you can help with any of those things, please drop me a PM or IM (if it's not in my profile, it's Laura81922, boring huh?). E1.gif

Oh, and at the beginning, I think I'm going to make it a subdomain off of another which I'm buying for personal email use, but if things are big enough, I'll go ahead and get ddrgirls or ddrchicks or ddrbabes or ddrfemales or something like that .com. I just don't want to spend that extra money until I'm sure it's going to work E1.gif I personally prefer ddrchicks, because ddrgirl.com is taken and I wouldn't want to be too close to that one with ddrgirls.com...
~LadyMercury~
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I help? E1.gif

Soi Fong <3 Yoru
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyMercury2000 wrote:
How can I help? E1.gif

It all really depends on what you can do. E1.gif

I guess that aside from artsy/designy/codey stuff, the thing that we need most is articles. How to get started, tips for people at different skill levels, anything of interest. Personal stories would be cool, too.

For instance, your sig says you've passed LoM with a B. That's awesome! So, how did it feel? Was everyone shocked? Do you like to go to random arcades and pull the girly girl act and then amaze people with that as your last song? What was the biggest stumbling block to passing it? How did you overcome that?

When I get the site up and running, I'm going to need people to volunteer to be mentors for the little support network that I'm going to set up. I think it'd be really cool to put people with similar goals together with someone who's passed that goal in order to learn from eachother. E1.gif

But really, I've never done the big website running thing before, so if you can name it, I probably need help with it. I'm a fast learner, but sometimes it's better to let someone experienced handle stuff.
sHadOwDAncErs
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maizie wrote:

When I get the site up and running, I'm going to need people to volunteer to be mentors for the little support network that I'm going to set up.

What are the mentors going to be talking about? I may be interested but I just need to know what mentors are going to do on the site riiight.gif THnX

My Pretty Much Daily Issues A Shadow can never leave traces behind
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sHadOwDAncErs wrote:
Maizie wrote:

When I get the site up and running, I'm going to need people to volunteer to be mentors for the little support network that I'm going to set up.

What are the mentors going to be talking about? I may be interested but I just need to know what mentors are going to do on the site riiight.gif THnX

It's not really an on the site type of thing. What would happen is a mentor gets matched up with a few newer players. The idea is that they can email and IM and generally talk, just to be there to provide inspiration and support. I guess there could be posts on the forum, too...

Of course if everyone wants to be a mentor, it means we don't really need the support network thingy. E13.gif
Oolong
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty good at graphics/web design/coding stuf... but i'm a guy... would the site be made only for AND BY girls, or just for girls? cuz i'd like to help out, anyway.
~LadyMercury~
Trick Member
Trick Member

119. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website will be called:.................DDR Freakets? riiight.gif just kidding

Soi Fong <3 Yoru
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: