Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BuyRite
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonite, i heard something about a site that some one is selling things to people, but the people never recieved what they ordered from the site.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys have to be kidding!!!! I ordered DDRMAX2 on April 23rd and it still hasnt come yet so I try filling out the "customer service form". uh, comes up with a big fat "error" and doesnt go. I followed up with another email so I am awaiting the answer. i may just cancel and grab this off of ebay. i called three times and the number was busy.

why didnt I see this thread sooner???

BBB...here I come!!!! frown.gif
View users profile Send private message
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. We called them, and the owner promised he would send out two seperate emails that night. They never came.

Cancel your order with BuyRite as soon as possible, but I recommend using japanvideogames.com, not eBay.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent 2nd email just now. Going to give them one more day to respond then it curtains for BuyRite.
Ðʧ©ÈñÐÉÐ žÊ®Ö
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmiOfBrie wrote:
I've ordered from Buy-Rite on 6 occasions, and I guess I got lucky that I ordered from them during the year or so that they were actually being competant (most of the complaints I heard about them were from either before my first order from them or well after my last order from them)

So I guess I got lucky...each time, I got my merchandise within a week.

Same here... only I ordered from them like 2 or 3 times.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
MarshallKobe
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have woke them up. They sent my DDRMax2 overnight and I just got it. I guess you have to email them a few times so they get the hint. I may give them one more shot at my business.
frisina
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Buy Wrong Reply with quote

Do not do business with BuyRite Games.

I tried, and they haven't sent anything to me in weeks. They don't answer their phone, and they have not replied to a single one of my emails.

I have contacted my credit card company and they are now going after BuyRite.

Someone on the first page of this thread said to mention to some paragovernment organization that BuyRite Games is selling illegal import games - and this is just stupid. Sure, we all want BuyRite to either get its act together or be taken apart, but why would you ever want to try to cut off our import games? That is stupid.
MarshallKobe
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must have some high schoolers at minimum wage working the internet ordering because if you gave a damn about your own business you would get these orders out. I am guessing that these guys are just plain slow so if you want something fast then go somewhere else. They sent mine overnight so like I said before they must have forgotten about me. That sucks.
EmiOfBrie
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not illegal to sell import games...the disclaimer from Konami that it's "for sale and use in Japan only" is only to cover their asses legally in case, say, some parents group gets incensed that little Billy is listening to "Oh Nick Please Not So Quick"...Konami can just say, "we never intended for that game to be used in the USA".
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncsx.com
takes only 4 days to get here if using upsground shipping...
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Buyrite er ah buy wrong. Reply with quote

First off the State Attorney General's office is where you should file your complaints against Buyrite. Unfortuneately it probably would have to take a flood of hundreds of complaints for any kind of investigation to start as they have bigger fish to fry.

Second it was I who suggested contacting the IDSA. I'm not saying we should cut off import videogames. No, just a very bad source is all. A company that is incompitent and screws with it's customers and their money does not have any business being in business.

The IDSA considers imports illegal because they infringe on the makers copyrights. Yes, we can play DDR from japan. But if you can buy one from Japan how likely are you to buy the equivelant item in the US. Yes there will be variations in the song lists, but thats beside the point. Konami of Japan and Konami of America, while are the same company, they are legally two seperate companies, each with products geared for specific markets. These products bare the same name but are different.
If you buy the Japanese DDRMAX it potentially hurts the sales of the US DDRMAX. If you could play Final Fantasy XI before it comes out in the states how likely are you to buy it when it does? Thats where the sticking point is. If you buy the game for another country the sales of the US version suffer and thats what the IDSA wants to prevent.

The other issue here is that DDR uses copyrighted music. Look in the forums under copyright issues to read more about that.

My suggestion was only to sick the IDSA on Buyrite, not everyone else. The IDSA, RIAA, MPAA act much more swiftly where copyright issues are concerned. Companies that are not doing any wrong by their customers should not have to worry. As a customer who is very dissatisfied, who has had part of their finacial life turned upside down by these idiots, they need to be taken down, one way or another.

If you don't think these organizations take this stuff seriously, there used to be a record store in my town that loved to sell bootleg tapes and CD as part of its inventory. One day it was there, the next it was like it never had even existed. The feds cleaned out for copyright infringement.

:disturb:

ToDDRer
MarshallKobe
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if I agree with cutting off any source of import games since there are so many that we never see. As for DDRMax2 Jp, how many normal gamers really want this? I would think only the hardcore DDR gamers want it and those people are more than likely to buy the US version. Your argument for FF may be right on and this would be true for other games that are released in both markets.

I wish that we could just get their attention and let them know how much business they are losing by just giving crappy service.

The less retailers that offer imports the less imports we can aquire. That is a fact.
yuckmud
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER order ANYTHING from Buyrite. They are a complete waste of time and a ripoff.

I ordered what I thaught was a REAL KONAMI Guitar Freaks Combo pack.

I got the package and it looked like some fat guy jumped on it, I opened it up and it was some fake cheep piece of crap Guitar that was ALLREADY OPENED AND USED. And the Guitar Freaks game was the only thing new.

I wanted to call and complain. But you can't even find a phone number! I looked on my order from the package, no number, on the website? No number! I got one address. That was it.

That place should be shut down. Tell everybody you know to NEVER shop at BuyRite. How they stay in business is way beyond me!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cRazY FeeT wrote:
since we're on the subject, does anyonw know of any online retailers that are good?

(or are they all just bad?) E15.gif

toysnjoys.com is good. I ordered DDRMAX2 from them and it got to me really quickly (hawaii to DC)
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: BuyWrong Phone Number Reply with quote

Here is the phone number for BuyRite. Put it in and be persistant about redial. When you get in just keep pressing 1 until you get to talk to someone. Odds are they wont be much help.

(919) 872-2440

Good Luck.

Also another avenue to try especially if you are local, is to find the local consumer reporter for a TV station. Someone earlier had mentioned that BuyRite was investigated by one of these reporters. Another excellent story and very bad PR for any business is a repeat story on the news. Too bad it wont help everyone outside the station's viewing area. Try contacting your local TV station's consumer reporter (outside the NC area) and tell them the story. Someone is bound to think it interesting given how much commerce is conducted over the net.

Also whether a business is shut down by the state or the feds makes no difference. This company is a bad one and should not be allowed to continue. Once again I say only take out the bad one(s), not the ones that are doing what they're supposed to be doing. If they are ultimately shut down by whoever it will be one less source for imports. There will also be one less source for headaches, fustrations and ripoffs.

Finally, DDR and Final Fantasy are merely examples of the potential loss a game company can experience. Yes the hardcore gamers of any franchise will buy the imports and the domestic product. We all think no one is really getting hurt by this. But the game companies and therefore the IDSA believe otherwise. You are dealing with international multi billion dollar corperations which are just like American corperation. Almost all of them are blind to everything except the bottom line. The all might Dollar or Yen. They see every sale of an Import as a threat to the potential sales of the domestic version of the same game. That potential threat is what their laywars and the IDSA are watching out for. It doesn't matter the game, who makes it, who buys it or whether or not you buy both versions. Technically we are not ment to have that product as it sold. If we were meant to have it there wouldn't be a lockout scheme in our game consoles. These companies don't care if you like the product or if you even buy the product (unless you've pirated it). They only care that they get you money. The top people in these companies probably don't even know what these games are outside of what they read in financial reports and promotional materials. How many of the board of directors of Konami of Japan do think head down to the arcade and strut their stuff on a DDR machine? All these guys know is they approve a new mix as long as the current one makes them more money than the last. And the second it doesn't GAME OVER.

In short it's all about money, nothing more nothing less. We're just caught in the middle because of A$@holes who we all thought were reputable. disgust.gif

Thank You
ToDDRer
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy Wrong Reply with quote

frisina wrote:
Do not do business with BuyRite Games.

I tried, and they haven't sent anything to me in weeks. They don't answer their phone, and they have not replied to a single one of my emails.

I have contacted my credit card company and they are now going after BuyRite.

Someone on the first page of this thread said to mention to some paragovernment organization that BuyRite Games is selling illegal import games - and this is just stupid. Sure, we all want BuyRite to either get its act together or be taken apart, but why would you ever want to try to cut off our import games? That is stupid.

hm...
i was going to order from them until i saw it...
but im going to order it from ncsx anyway.

so i got my copy last week.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: