Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BuyRite
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: BuyRite Reply with quote

Sigh. Just thinking about this makes me so angry. On March 31 (about a month ago) I ordered a J-PS2 off of http://www.buyrite.net. What a mistake! I never received ANY sort of confirmation email, the phone support has been completely useless, and even after driving out there earlier today, they couldn't help us. They have given me the run-around, and I am in a bit of a dilemna of what to do. (I am only 14 and I thought the people here would know more since they have probably have past experiences)

My mom called and asked if they could cancel the order. They said "maybe." We are going to wait one more day, and if we don't get any real facts then she's going to call her credit card company and get them to cancel it or something (I forget what it's called).

Basically what I'm asking is, should I wait and see what BuyRite has to say (they are emailing me tonight), or should I just tell my mom to go ahead and call her credit card company?

Any past experiences and how they were solved could probably help me out here.

Thanks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Leaving crumbs much too small for the other Whos' mouses
1. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait and see.

Your mom can still cancel it after they email, right?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not entirely sure. The credit card company has to do it for her, and they might not. So, basically if BuyRite won't cancel it and neither will the credit card company, I'll be stuck waiting for who knows how long. I'm trying to get my mom to call her credit card company as soon as possible.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people have complained about buyrite.net, or was it buynshop? Anyways. Many of them had to contact the Better Business Bureau about them to get their money back. In some cases the Bureau could not get in contact with them at all. But I guess since you seem to live near that place you can kinda hassle them. I would. frust.gif
View users profile Send private message
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, how did u handle the shipping bussiness, like how many bussiness day ?
byak
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buyrite is a local place (raleigh nc, or atleast I assume it is local. They started at the flea market here waay waay back when and now have two retail locations.)

They were the subject of one of those troubleshooting news cast things. Apparently they had jacked some lady and she got pretty mad.

I used to buy stuff from them at their stand at the flea market. The owner was a real asshole.

Oh well, not what you want to hear now, but probably worth posting anyway.

edit: Ahh, just saw you're from Raleigh NC as well. hi2u E1.gif Yeah, call the CC people and get them to deny the charge. Don't deal with these asses. Order from somewhere else.
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help everybody! My mom almost died when she heard about the Better Business Bureau thing, but she's going to call the CC place later today, since BuyRite SWORE they would send out 2 emails, one about the location of my product, and the other one letting us know if we could cancel, both of which we never received.

Hello, byak! Do you play at Cyberstation or Adventure Landing? PM me.

This can be locked, I have everything I need. E1.gif
Contributor
Contributor

7. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had nothing but crap from BuyRite. I've gotten the BBB on them twice. They're lazy, and they have the shittest customer support ever.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cancelled my order with them three times. they are a severe pain in the neck. I'm denying the charges today. but any how, how do I go about reporting them to the Better buisness people also what can they do and what do I tell them
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
thagyamin
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this has happen to many people may I suggest reporting to an Atty General of their state. The BBB works to help business not customers, the AG is the only person who will cut them down for good... if you live in a diferent state, you could also call FBI computer crimes division.
cRazY FeeT
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since we're on the subject, does anyonw know of any online retailers that are good?

(or are they all just bad?) E15.gif
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: BuyRite Reply with quote

thank u all for telling me about buyrite or what ever its called.
bc i almost ordered it from them, until i saw the thread. so i now i ordered it from ncsx.com

again, thanks...
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cRazY FeeT wrote:
since we're on the subject, does anyonw know of any online retailers that are good?

(or are they all just bad?) E15.gif

dont order from buynshop.com
bc i ordered a metal pad and the stupid metal pad had crack on them and screws not big or small enough. they says it comes with ddr pc adapter and never came with it for free.
NeMothe1st
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have ordered from levelsix.com a couple of times and they return all my e-mails and I got my stuff on time. I would say they are good. I'm not sure where else I think japanvideogames.com and toysnjoys.com are good but I never ordered from them before.
ToDDRer
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: BuyRite or should I say BuyWRONG! Reply with quote

You need to call your credit card company or bank. I made the maistake of ordering from them. I ultimately called my bank who hotcarded my debit card and refunded my money. They intern are going after BuyRite for the money. They are seeking criminal prosecution of these individuals.

My advice to anyone in the same boat, Contact your bank or credit card company ASAP. If an investigation begins through either institution and you recieve merchandise from them, Take it to the post office, send it back to them RETURN RECEIPT REQUIRED! INSURE THE PACKAGE! DO NOT KEEP THE MERCHANDISE!

Contact the North Carolina Attorney General' s Office. Use the website and get the complaint form, and file it with them. If enough people complain they might act on these people.

Also as mentioned earlier, try the FBI or even the IDSA (Interactive Digital Software Association). If you don't know what that is, it is a paragovernment agency protecting the copyrights of it's members. Nintendo and Konami are members. Why mention Nintendo? Imports are not legal here because of copyright issues. If BuyRite is selling materials that are not legally supposed to be here from member companies, the IDSA may want to take some interest. Its worth a shot.

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/cpframe.htm - Attorney General's website
http://www.idsa.com/

Good Luck to all us unfortunate ones who have been suckered in by these shameless worthless individuals.

ToDDRer

P.S. For fast reliable service checkout www.japanvideogames.com
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeMothe1st wrote:
Well, I have ordered from levelsix.com a couple of times and they return all my e-mails and I got my stuff on time. I would say they are good. I'm not sure where else I think japanvideogames.com and toysnjoys.com are good but I never ordered from them before.

same thing but i never ordered there before.
i order from ncsx.com since they always email me everytime i email them on the same day. i will wait until i see my stuff mailed to me.
and i will tell u if i recieved it or not. biggrin.gif
if not frust.gif
EmiOfBrie
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from Buy-Rite on 6 occasions, and I guess I got lucky that I ordered from them during the year or so that they were actually being competant (most of the complaints I heard about them were from either before my first order from them or well after my last order from them)

So I guess I got lucky...each time, I got my merchandise within a week.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mail the money to them and wrote my email so they could get a hold of me. i also email them. note : i did this with nscx.com

i am geting ddrmax 2 this week...
now all i need is another ps2 which i need to steal it from my cousin since they broke mine. and a slide card. i emailed mod-cip.com and they said it works with ddrmax 2 (JP). www.mod-chip.com
and uh click the ps2 link inside it and it will open a page and then scroll down to the right and u will see,"SLIDE CARD".
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the world of buyrite

went through similar sh*t with them b4, never ordering from them again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it finally came...

...after we tried cancel the order and dispute the charges. disturb.gif

Oh well, at least it finally came. I live in Raleigh where they are located, and I my dad has already driven out on several occasions with ehhh harsh words for the owner.

Never again.. and yes, japanvideogames.com is very reliable; I buy everything from them and it always comes within a few days. They are also very good about mailing me back.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: