Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

cyphergames metal pad modifications

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuonji kenshin
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: cyphergames metal pad modifications Reply with quote

I just bought some of the cyphergames metal pads off of ebay. They don't look like sturdy metal like the picture and they make alot of noise. I read on the sticky about metal pads and it said that they needed modifications. Can someone tell me everything I need to know about this brand of metal pads?
View users profile Send private message
Miniboss
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you need to do is take off all the rubber stoppers and put a piece of plywood in place (longer screws are needed for it to stay on). This will extend the life of your pads and reduce noise.

Troubleshooting:

Repairing a Cyphergames metal pad... Easy, but annoying.

1) The start and select buttons on the pad aren't responding.
Solution: There's really nothing you can do to fix this (as far as I know). I have two, and on one pad the s&s buttons work fine; and the s&s on the other pad just don't work at all. I don't know what causes it either. Put a controller in the second port to skip some of the menus if you need to.

2) One of the arrows does not work, or is "ghost" stepping.
Solution: Take a screwdriver, and open up the arrow. Check to make sure that some of the metal tape hasn't scraped away on the circuit board. This can easily be removed with your fingers.
It still doesn't work...
Make sure both wires are attached firmly to the circuit board. If one is loose, you'll have to take a soldering iron and reattach it. If you don't know how to solder, then have someone teach you; it's really easy.
It still doesn't work...
If the metal tape on the bottom of the arrow looks worn away, you might have to replace it. Go to any hardware store and ask for metal repair tape. Put the new piece over the existing tape.
It still doesn't work...
Is there a huge crack in the center of the arrow? Everytime you step on it, does it seem to collapse in the middle? Because if it does, you might have to make a new arrow. For this job you will need a plastic cutter, some crystallite sheet, metal repair tape, and 2mm thick self stick "foamies". Score (don't cut) the crystallite until it's the same size as an arrow. Apply the "foamie" under it, and the metal repair tape under that. As for the arrow "graphic", unless you can find some paper that's sticky on both sides, I don't see how it can be done. I just use a marker and draw it. laugh.gif

This has all been from my personal experiences. I hope this helps all who have had trouble with this particular brand of pads.

Last edited by Miniboss on Tue May 06, 2003 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Daniel
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think that these expensive metal pads would give you your moneys worth, but yet again I am proven wrong.
View users profile Send private message Send email
DDRkrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually he may be talking about the version 2s, in which most of minibosses good advice for a version 1 would change for version 2, they are much more reliable, read page ten on metal pad disscussion,

remy is gonna super lock this
Xeon Transponder
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction; Remy is going to super ultra mega awesome awesome lock this.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: