Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The How-To-Run-Imports Thread - Read the 1st post! (7.10.05)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

1780. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it makes a difference which version you get if you're just going to play imports. I have 3.6's.

Install it like this. Here are a few pieces of advice...
- When I tried to take off the cover, one side was firmly stuck. Turns out there's a plastic piece on the inside that holds that side down. Just find the piece and pry at it with a screwdriver and it'll come right out. Then you can break the piece off. It doesn't do anything useful, and it'll make taking apart your PS2 a lot easier, should you have to do it again.
- Take note of the position of the small metal pieces before you take out the two tiny screws. If you don't, you'll have to figure out later which way they're supposed to go (which is a pain).
- When I installed mine, I had trouble trying to put back the spring that makes the main lid pop up. It took a few minutes of messing with it to align it right. If you run into this problem, just leave it out; I find it easier to just use the inner circular lid for all games.

I don't remember how long it took to ship. It couldn't have been more than a few days, otherwise I would remember it taking a long time.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
LuminescentSword
Basic Member
Basic Member

1781. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, so I have a V13 (the warranty sticker is covering one of the screws). Besides voiding the warranty, will this change anything?
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

1782. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but I'm guessing the answer is no, since they're both slim PS2s.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
LuminescentSword
Basic Member
Basic Member

1783. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for all the help.

If I need anything else (chances are that I will), I'll post.

Edit: OK, I tried ordering the fliptop combo... It says $42.00, but it charged $48.00 plus a priority mail cost, when it says that it has free priority mail. Did that happen to you?

I didn't actually buy it yet, though.
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

1784. PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no idea, sorry. riiight.gif I ordered mine way back in December '05 so I don't remember the details.
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

1785. PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a fliptop and put it on but when I turn on my ps2 it spins around and hits the ribbon causing it to make annoying noises. I dunno what to do....helllpp. T_T

edit= I don't think it's hitting the ribbon anymore. I think it's the plastic hub thingy? Is it bad for my ps2 to make the wierd noises? Does anyone elses do this???

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TPF.Catch22
Trick Member
Trick Member

1786. PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first installed my fliptop there was a plastic strip sticking out from the hub on the top of the lid. This strip ran against my disk inside the console and made an odd screeching noise.

It was pretty easy to solve though, I simply cut the strip short enough so that it didn't scratch against my disks.

Anyway, that's probably not your issue, but you may want to check for it anyway. Later.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1787. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm definitely thinking about maybe giving this a try. I'm a member at [that site that is invite only now], so I'm always seeing all these opportunities to play backups and always complaining "wahh I need to mod my ps2" and the like.

So I've been doing some research. At first I was going to go with a slide card, but I came here and realized that's a bad idea. Now I'm looking at this fliptop. I have a v9 PS2, so this looks like it should be good for me. Anyone experienced got any comments/suggestions for me? Is this a good site to buy from? Will installing a fliptop destroy my PS2, or does it actually work pretty well?

On a side note, my DVD burner hasn't been working lately (won't read that there's blank media in the drive, CD or DVD).. but that's for a different thread/discussion, I'm sure if I end up getting this fliptop I'll devote more time/effort to fixing it and I'll get it done. Are there any common problems I should look for?

Tassadar wrote:
MinsiKid wrote:
is just a good feeling.

Have you considered heroin?
fuyuki13
Trick Member
Trick Member

1788. PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP ME SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i've had DDR extreme (JAP) for a long time now and i play it on my ps2 using a fliptop and slide magic discs. but today i bought ddr 1st mix and 3rd mix (ps1 games if u dont know) and i got home and went to play them using the swap disc that says "compact disk" or w/e like wut the ps1 games say. and when i tried doing this it made some noises then the message "insert a ps2 disc" came up. so now im pretty dissapointed cuz i've been wanting these games for a long time and finally got them today. what do u guys think is the best thing for me to do in this situation? should i just buy a japanese ps1? a mod chip for my ps2? does anyone know if u install a modchip on ur ps2 if it plays japanese ps1 games also?!
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

1789. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I have 2 PS2's that I COULD mod.

I have a 30001 and a 50001. The 50001 still has a warranty from GameStop, so I don't know if the warranty will void if I mod it.

The 30001 has a bad lens, which is why I bought a new PS2. I'd just have to replace the lens in order for it to work again.

Anyway, there are so many mod chips and such to run imports. I am only interested in playing the DDR imports, but am not exactly experienced. I don't know what I should get and where I can get it installed and such. I already found where I can buy the games.

HELP!!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1790. PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a Fliptop and swap discs for a while and they work great with my imports that I have bought. So far, Extreme, and Str!ke work excellent with my setup. However, I really want the 5th mix, and have read a bunch of different stories about PS1 imports on a PS2. So i want someone to confirm what I have found in this thread so I dont waste my money.

From my understanding, to play PS1 imports on a PS2 with a fliptop installed, you need a Gameshark lite or a Gameshark 2, since the swap magic discs are for PS2 games only. If this is accurate, would this gameshark, which seems to be the only one on the market as of right now work for the PS1 imports that I plan to buy.

http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=2427&idCategory=10

Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
bobddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

1791. PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossposting from the ITG PS2 thread.

I'm trying to find a nice HDD/network/mod chip kit, but one without an actual hard drive built in. I already have an 80gb 7200rpm I can use and would rather save the money. I'm hoping to spend about $100 maximum for the actual parts (aside from shipping/labor).

I can't find a site that sells the network adapter without something I don't need.
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1792. PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuyuki13 wrote:
HELP ME SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i've had DDR extreme (JAP) for a long time now and i play it on my ps2 using a fliptop and slide magic discs. but today i bought ddr 1st mix and 3rd mix (ps1 games if u dont know) and i got home and went to play them using the swap disc that says "compact disk" or w/e like wut the ps1 games say. and when i tried doing this it made some noises then the message "insert a ps2 disc" came up. so now im pretty dissapointed cuz i've been wanting these games for a long time and finally got them today. what do u guys think is the best thing for me to do in this situation? should i just buy a japanese ps1? a mod chip for my ps2? does anyone know if u install a modchip on ur ps2 if it plays japanese ps1 games also?!

Well if they are the same swap discs that I have, they only work to play ps2 imports and backups, not psone.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
*Motoko*
Trick Member
Trick Member

1793. PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so I posted about this in my own thread a while ago, maybe this'll answer my question better!

I have a modded fliptop ps2, with two Magic3 plus disks, US version 3.6 (one for DVD rom format disks, and one for Compact disk format disks)

On the front page of this thread it says its unknown whether Magic disks can play imported ps1 games on the ps2. But My mom bought me DDR EXTREME, 3rd, and 5th MIX for my ps2.

I know for a fact that EXTREME will work fine with the Magic disks, but what about my 3rd and 5th mixes.

Please don't tell me my mom bought me two games that I can't do anything with!!! Ima feel really bad if my mom bought me two games that aren't even going to work on my ps2!!! E2.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1794. PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Totoro* wrote:
okay, so I posted about this in my own thread a while ago, maybe this'll answer my question better!

I have a modded fliptop ps2, with two Magic3 plus disks, US version 3.6 (one for DVD rom format disks, and one for Compact disk format disks)

On the front page of this thread it says its unknown whether Magic disks can play imported ps1 games on the ps2. But My mom bought me DDR EXTREME, 3rd, and 5th MIX for my ps2.

I know for a fact that EXTREME will work fine with the Magic disks, but what about my 3rd and 5th mixes.

Please don't tell me my mom bought me two games that I can't do anything with!!! Ima feel really bad if my mom bought me two games that aren't even going to work on my ps2!!! E2.gif

I'm sorry to break this to you, but I have the same discs and they do not work for psone games. But I finally decided to buy a Japanese ps2 due to the fact the swap discs put extra stress on the PS2's lens.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
*Motoko*
Trick Member
Trick Member

1795. PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then, would anyone happen to know of some alternative way I can play my imported ps1 games on my ps2.

Its not like I can return the games because we got them off ebay.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1796. PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Totoro* wrote:
well then, would anyone happen to know of some alternative way I can play my imported ps1 games on my ps2.

Its not like I can return the games because we got them off ebay.

Regardless, I would hang on to 3rd and 5th mix. Those are two of the best DDR games ever released IMO. 5th mix especially since that one can be very hard to find at times.

Now there is a disc called Breaker Pro which allows you to play backup/import psone titles on the ps2. http://www.breakerpro.com/

I have never personally tried this item myself, but I honestly do not trust any type of swap discs in the first place. As I said before, they make your ps2 lens work harder than it should halfing it's life(That's how my U.S.PS2 died). When you get enough money, I would recommend buying a japanese ps2 if you are a hardcore Japanese-Import gamer. That way, you know for sure it will play japanese ps2 and psone titles because the magic swap discs and breaker pro are not 100% compatible with every game.
jigsaw00
Basic Member
Basic Member

1797. PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Disable Messiah 2 Pro to play online! Reply with quote

I´m having a hard time trying to play with Messiah 2 online. I can´t get a connection because of the DNAS of the console caused by Messiah. I know that I need to disable the modchip but I don´t know if I´m doing the right way. Is there any way to know that the chip it´s disabled? If I press the reset button for over 5 seconds will the modship be disabled anyway, or it needs to be exactly 5 seconds? When I insert thenetwork access disc I also need to disable the modchip right? I´d appreciate any help possible. Thanks.
chaos303
Trick Member
Trick Member

1798. PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP!!! E2.gif

I just got a SwapMagic a few days ago and it has been working great. But suddenly today when I put the disk in it loads but freezes at the first swapmagic logo screen and doesnt do anything after that. I tried cleaning the Disks and the laser itself but that didnt do anything. Its also kinda weird because both the CD and DVD disks stopped working at the same time.

Note: My PS2 is a SCPH-10000, NTSC - J and plays normal legimate games perfectly.

Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

1799. PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the same swap magic disk you scratched teh fuck out of
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 90 of 92

Jump to: