Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The How-To-Run-Imports Thread - Read the 1st post! (7.10.05)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

1760. PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIDX RED CS is -obviously- a DVD. Which do you think you should use? E13.gif
View users profile Send private message
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1761. PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that solves one problem. I STILL don't know how to install my Fliptop for my Slim PS2! Anyone know HOW!?
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1762. PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcade Gamer Zoniku wrote:
Well, that solves one problem. I STILL don't know how to install my Fliptop for my Slim PS2! Anyone know HOW!?

for old PS2's:
http://www.ultimateconsoleguides.com/Installation.htm

for slim PS2's:
http://www.modchip.com/installpics/v12fliptop/v12fliptop.pdf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1763. PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thegiantstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=338&HS=1

Is this site trustworthy? and is this ALL I need for my slim ps2 to play imports and burnt discs?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1764. PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:
Arcade Gamer Zoniku wrote:
for slim PS2's:
http://www.modchip.com/installpics/v12fliptop/v12fliptop.pdf
THANK YOU!!! E4.gif Hey, wait! I still gotta remove my "Warrenty Seal" sticker!....Ah, well. Never ment much to me anyways....
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1765. PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got IIDX Red in the mail today from YesAsia & it's AWESOME!!! Cuz I'm having so much fun, I might not be on here for awhile....Ah well! See ya soon!
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1766. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! Today I got my Swap Magic 3.9 disks and fliptop lid for the slimline... problem is, those screw covers. I got 4/6 of them removed, but the other ones don't want to come off! What did you guys do to remove the screw covers for your PS2?
Da Bar
Trick Member
Trick Member

1767. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelsonic wrote:
Argh! Today I got my Swap Magic 3.9 disks and fliptop lid for the slimline... problem is, those screw covers. I got 4/6 of them removed, but the other ones don't want to come off! What did you guys do to remove the screw covers for your PS2?

i jammed a small flathead screwdriver in beside them and worked them out (insert simple lever macro here) i assume you're having trouble with the two plastic ones, don't be afraid to use a little force, you're not losing anything if one of them breaks.

AA Bob wrote:
If you only knew of the prodigious dimensions of my sack, you would realize how foolish you sound.
ArvinG
Trick Member
Trick Member

1768. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i'm planning to finally get a fliptop E1.gif but i need to know if http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/product.php?productid=1296&cat=0&page=1 that one works with a SCPH 7500x because i don't want to pay border taxes from buying one off a american site :/
Trick Member
Trick Member

1769. PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Matrix Infinity Green Dot chip from www.mod-chip.com , but they screwed me over.. no manual came with it. I've tried to open the one on the website, but it keeps telling me there's an error, despite me being sure I have the latest Acrobat Reader installed. Does anyone have a mirror of the manual? I can't exactly install the chip into my PS2 if I don't have instructions. disgust.gif

Also, my PS2 is a Version 5.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
...ddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

1770. PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to SNES Orama, I think and get DDR roms from there if you need any.
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

1771. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get imports/backups to work with Action Replay on the PS2 or if it works at all?

I have a fat PS2 (not sure on ver. no.), an Action Replay/Evo, and the HDD Broadband connector.

Edit: For those of you needing help, Action Replay isn't all that great. It runs imports (Use the DVD Region-X loader), but appearantly needs a CD-R to run backups. And considering the PS2 runs on DVD-R's, I'm gonna go ahead and say it won't run backups other than PS1 Games.

[URL="http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/TNT_Xplosiv/Shoutboxproof.jpg"]冥 Ish married to Hitmoi, sho BACK OFF <3 冥
[/URL]

Last edited by Zero0920 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
LuminescentSword
Basic Member
Basic Member

1772. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I need help with importing games.

First of all, I have a slim PS2, and want to play Pop'n Music on it. However, I have heard that certain Pop'n Music games do not work with a certain version of the SwapMagic CDs for some reason. Can anyone confirm this?

Second, from what I have gathered, the PS2 must think that it's closed in order for it to run the swapdiscs. From this, isn't it possible just to press these switches with just some cheap material?

Third, is there even a good, direct-boot modchip out for slim PS2s? I might be able to find someone who can solder.

Finally, if I do get a swapdisc, is it a lot of hassle having to switch the discs every time I want to play? Or is it just worth it to get a modchip/import PS2? If so, which one, and where would I be able to find it?

Any help is appreciated.
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

1773. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuminescentSword wrote:
OK, I need help with importing games.

First of all, I have a slim PS2, and want to play Pop'n Music on it. However, I have heard that certain Pop'n Music games do not work with a certain version of the SwapMagic CDs for some reason. Can anyone confirm this?

Second, from what I have gathered, the PS2 must think that it's closed in order for it to run the swapdiscs. From this, isn't it possible just to press these switches with just some cheap material?

Third, is there even a good, direct-boot modchip out for slim PS2s? I might be able to find someone who can solder.

Finally, if I do get a swapdisc, is it a lot of hassle having to switch the discs every time I want to play? Or is it just worth it to get a modchip/import PS2? If so, which one, and where would I be able to find it?

Any help is appreciated.

1. I can't confirm it, as I never wanted to mod my PS2. E1.gif
2. Yes it is, and you can find guides and kits containing little plastic pieces so you don't have to fabricate them yourself.
3. Again, I never wanted to mod my PS2--I don't know.
4. I would think swapping discs every time you wanted to play a game would be a hassle. :] Premodded systems are easy to find online, and Japanese systems can be purchased from Play-Asia.com or Lik-Sang.com
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

1774. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you following the PS3 launch trying to determine if your PS3 will boot your imports...It looks like Sony has let it slip that the backwards compatibility will still be region-locked. This was mentioned in the context of the court case Sony pursued against Lik-Sang in the UK whereby they were able to halt import sales of the PSP and PS3.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

1775. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That sucks. I hope Konami doesn't start making DDR games for the PS3.

LuminescentSword wrote:

Swapping the discs only takes a few seconds. The swap disk loads pretty quickly; it doesn't take any more time to boot a JP game with a swap disk than it does to boot an American game normally. IMO, swap discs are the way to go if you're just looking for a simple, low-cost way to run import games.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
MadVash2005
Trick Member
Trick Member

1776. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
For those of you following the PS3 launch trying to determine if your PS3 will boot your imports...It looks like Sony has let it slip that the backwards compatibility will still be region-locked. This was mentioned in the context of the court case Sony pursued against Lik-Sang in the UK whereby they were able to halt import sales of the PSP and PS3.

Not only that, but they're going out of business too E2.gif !
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
LuminescentSword
Basic Member
Basic Member

1777. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so based off of what I have heard, I'll probably just get a swapdisc. In that case:

A. What are the things I actually need? I heard it's possible to just activate the switches using some paper and some straw... If that really is the case then all I need are the swapdiscs? If so, which ones?
B. Where's a good place to buy them? Although sites do sell them, I haven't heard of any site being reliable 100% of the time.
C. Are there any known Bemani games that will not work?
D. Anything else I should know? I really don't like wasting money, so I don't want to mess up anything.

Edit: Just remembered; since I'm playing a JP game on a US system, will I need a different memory card?
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

1778. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuminescentSword wrote:
A. What are the things I actually need? I heard it's possible to just activate the switches using some paper and some straw... If that really is the case then all I need are the swapdiscs?

Yeah, it's possible to do it. Your other options are a Magic Switch set (a few small plastic pieces that hold down the switches and hold back the disc brake) and a fliptop. I'd recommend the fliptop, since it's what I have on my slim PS2 and it works fine (I tried the magic switch and couldn't get it to work). If you want more info on the ups and downs of the fliptop, check my post on page 85 of this thread.

LuminescentSword wrote:
If so, which ones?

You need the DVD disc to run DVDs and the CD disc to run CDs. Both discs come in the same package.

LuminescentSword wrote:
B. Where's a good place to buy them? Although sites do sell them, I haven't heard of any site being reliable 100% of the time.

I got my discs and fliptop here: http://www.swapnslide.com/PSTWOproducts.html

LuminescentSword wrote:
Edit: Just remembered; since I'm playing a JP game on a US system, will I need a different memory card?

Nope.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
LuminescentSword
Basic Member
Basic Member

1779. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so because I don't think that straw thing is going to work, I'll probably just get a fliptop.

Three more questions before I order, though;

Does the version of the disc really matter too much if all I want to do is play imports? (3.6, 3.8, that kind of thing)

And how is the fliptop installed? Is it really risky, or is it fairly easy? I have a general idea from seeing them before, but I just want to have confirmation now.

Finally, a minor question, how long did your fliptop take to ship from that site?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 89 of 92

Jump to: