Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Simulator forum

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Simulator forum Reply with quote

As you may know the DDR at Home forum are full of stickys whether it be from the home versions, to mod chips to the simulator files. I am proposing that a Simulator forum be created to lessen the traffic/stickys in the DDR at Home forum.

There is already a discussion for a "Technical" forum but I think you will find more people interested in a simulator forum rather than a technical forum.

Comments?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea

questionable if enough need for it but if noothing else maybe i could finnaly get an english version of feeling pomu form it
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am bumping this because I think it could really be a good idea.

Many other DDR forums already have this feature (Bemanistyle, DDRei etc). I think I would make a good addition to the forums. Considering all the questions the simulators have gotten. And with the recent upcoming of the Tournamix 4 competetion, there should be a lot of talk conspiring.

What do you think?
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Phrek. A simulator forum would be a good idea for people to talk about problems with DWI and other pad to comp. hook up issues or dwi originals people have made.
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. I'm all for adding some more forums to farm out the postings a little. Do any other mods have any opinion on this?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
evn
Staff Member
Staff Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer to see sub-forums (ala Invision board) but I don't think those are possible for PHPBB2 - I haven't been able to find a mod to do enable it either.

With gameplay, chit chat, @home, and simulator...aren't things gettnig a little cluttered? I would be in favor of a re-hashing of topic descriptions
-DDR Home (Simulators & Console)
-DDR Chat (songs, code, etc)
-DDR Arcade

Any more than 3 seams like the division is going to be too fine .: making moderating them very intensive (moving mis-posted stuff).
Administrator
Administrator

6. PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evn wrote:
-DDR Home (Simulators & Console)

With the recent upcoming of the Xbox DDR and it online features many players will be ranting and raving in there about it. Which means more posts in the wrong places anyway (remember when it first came out).

There were probably more misposted "annoucements" about Xbox DDR, then misposted questions about DWI/SM/etc. At least from what I can tell.

Remember, just about anyone with a computer has some form of simulator, and they have to get to this site somehow. Meaning a majority of people here do use simulators for whatever reason (practice, fun, finger workout etc). I don't think the same amount of people play at home. It would technically cost a bit more to do so. And well... wouldn't you like to have things for free?
Administrator
Administrator

7. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I was wonder what happened to any sort of discussion about this.
No one put it down, but no one agreed to it either. And with threads like this every week or so, I'd figure it would be a good idea to at least discuss.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly be for it. We get enough traffic in At Home about it.

Then again, we get a lot of traffic in Chit-Chat about it too...
Administrator
Administrator

9. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
I'd certainly be for it. We get enough traffic in At Home about it.

Then again, we get a lot of traffic in Chit-Chat about it too...

Well people don't think simulator when they think home, they think... DDR. Mostly because of the popularity of DWI and SM as the DDR simulators. The first thing they do is post in the first DDR forum, not thinking they play at Home.

A Simulator forum brings no question to where the inquiry, or discussion belongs.

Also having that simulator thread in the Other Bemani Music Games forum can be misleading. Even though when you think about it, it really isn't. But like I said, a Simulator forum to make things black and white would work. As it has in the other DDR websites.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR@Home is self-explanatory. We don't need another forum.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

11. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skip to my lou wrote:
DDR@Home is self-explanatory. We don't need another forum.

This isn't just because of miscommunication, there is also a traffic issue.

There is 11 stickys in DDR@Home. It's the 2nd most sticky filled forum here (Tournament Discussion being first). The amount of traffic in the Home forum can easily but cut down with a Simulator forum. With the majority of locked threads being in Chit-Chat and the second highest being in DDR@Home (because of wrongly placed items), again the traffic at Home is pretty large.

And like I said before, if you have a computer there is a good chance you have a simulator. And how is it you access this site... by computer. So, it can be safe to say that a large majority of users here, do have simulators.

And I found this, this morning. Traffic to DDR @ Home but in the DDR Chit-Chat area.
Administrator
Administrator

12. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The large number of stickys in DDR @ Home is annoying to me as well. I think it would probably be a good idea to have two boards replace "DDR @ Home" with:
- DDR home console discussion
- DDR simulator discussion
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: