Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

My home built metal DDR pad (Part IV)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 339, 340, 341  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleepydrakos
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Playing w/ shoes Reply with quote

That is what the metal pads are made for - shoes. Dont try playing with socks - ouch!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Sain
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: shoes Reply with quote

GT_Onizuka wrote:
hooray! my pad is finished Riptide you are my hero! anyways quick question, as far as Riptide's design goes is it safe to play with shoes? im pretty used to using shoes so i would like to use them at home but i dont want to break my brand new pad riiight.gif !

Yeah playing with shoes isnt and shouldnt be a problem
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:Nevermind didnt read last pages
-joe-
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrakenGuy wrote:
bah, I am trying to figure out how i can combine riptide pad and ddr home pad pad... damn, this is brain bozzling... I might copy _ter... but thats if I can get instructions from him...

eh, i combined both of them. well, not exactly just 2 of them, i added some of my own design in the mix. I dislike the pad

Just make blue beefmans pad, its the best
biggrin.gif

as for GT_Onizuka

shoes are perfect for the pad. The shoes wont damage it AT ALL

hell, you can youse steal toe boots if you wanted to!
-joe-
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Question

During my building process of beefmans pad, im wiring the CAT-5 to the corner braces, the copper kept ripping.

I have 16 gague stranded wire, can i use that for the wiring of the WHOLE arrow panel, then ill solder the cat-5 to the controller then connect the cat-5 to all the arrow panels?

My idea is that it would work better because the wire is thicker so your gunna get a better flow of electricity, But, i need advice from the experts

E4.gif
KrakenGuy
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats so different about Blue Beef dudes pad?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
riptide
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrakenGuy wrote:
Whats so different about Blue Beef dudes pad?

It's basically my pad design with different contact design. If you click the links in his signature you'll see how it differs.

------------------------------------------
My pad design: http://www.wubros.com/ddrpad/
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
KrakenGuy
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of making DDR Homepads design except I don't wanna use his bracket design, last time I did it I got really pissed off, I bent my whole frame so much that it went from 33x33" to 11x11", so yeah, I like his design, cause the screws are damaging the sheemetal on my Rip Tide pad and I really don't want to replace the sheet metal every now and than...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
LORD OF THE DANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a problem:

I am currently searching for some Lucite plexiglass (sp?) (I am in Montreal, Canada) and the only thing shops have here is called "Lexan". Is it the same thing? Is it another name for the Lucite?

Thanks! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
Sain
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORD OF THE DANCE wrote:
Hey guys I have a problem:

I am currently searching for some Lucite plexiglass (sp?) (I am in Montreal, Canada) and the only thing shops have here is called "Lexan". Is it the same thing? Is it another name for the Lucite?

Thanks! E1.gif

yes lexan is the samething..its just a little bit of a higher quality which isnt bad just cost more. But yea its the samething
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you say is that Lexan is stronger than Lucite, wich is already stronger than Plexiglass?
Sain
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORD OF THE DANCE wrote:
So what you say is that Lexan is stronger than Lucite, wich is already stronger than Plexiglass?

If my memory serves me correctly...yes.. but on thing i think that lexan has a brownish tint... if im wrong someone feel free to correct me
Basic Member
Basic Member

52. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexan is very strong. It's what they use in banks for the bulletproof barriers for the tellers. It's also crystal clear. Most other brands have slight tinting.

mactek
`pr0digy
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexan has no tint, I used it for the window in my tower E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT : : Double Post : : sorry
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well I am prud to see that my pad is getting talked about...

but yeah hmmmm...

Joe for the wire, idk what your doing cause what I did was I just put all the braces in and then I inscrewed the screws a little bit then I stuck the wire directly under the brace, its not touching anyscrews, then I just screwed them all back down.
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you're lucky you found Lexan, I wanted to use it. If you're using 1/4 inch Lexan, can you tell me if it bends at all? The less it bends, the better. And the price, if you remember.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Bojangles
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Lucide 1/8? Reply with quote

I could only find Lucite at 1/8 of an inch, ddrhomepad recommended 3/32, does it really matter?
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sain.One wrote:
LORD OF THE DANCE wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly...yes.. but on thing i think that lexan has a brownish tint... if im wrong someone feel free to correct me

I have lexan on my pad and it has no brownish tint at all. It is the same clarity as glass or any other kind of normal plexiglass type material.
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Lucide 1/8? Reply with quote

Bojangles wrote:
I could only find Lucite at 1/8 of an inch, ddrhomepad recommended 3/32, does it really matter?

No, it won't matter. When you layer everything together, the weatherstripping will eat the extra 1/32.

------------------------------------------
My pad design: http://www.wubros.com/ddrpad/
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 3 of 341

Jump to: