Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Beatmania Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBH
Trick Member
Trick Member

180. PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sephi wrote:

i have a questin regarding mods...how can i turn them on/off while selecting a song? i.e. the other day, i put hi speed 2 on, and as a last song, i picked Hell Scaper, and of course, failed, cause of the speed was too great. how can i take it off?

on CM2, press the Effector key 6 or 7 times on the song select. Just keep pressing it, and eventually you should see a menu flash up at the bottom... hold down the Effector key and you can then change the mods. I'm not sure why you have to press it 6 or 7 times the first time, because if you press it once any other time during your game, the menu will come up immediately. Of course, you have to be fast since CM2 gives you like hardly any time to select anything on the song select.

Hell Scaper is too fast even on HS1 blink.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

181. PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumb.gif i tried that today, and it's very useful.

i tried Double today, and man, is it HARD! it can be fun, but it's just so difficult. if only they removed the movie in the middle, and put the two different note screens closer together to make it easier.
Trick Member
Trick Member

182. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An arcade is opening soon in Maine, and it acquired a Beatmania: The Final machine. I have had the priviledge to "beta-test" it and while I was using it the question, "What does that effector button do while you're playing?" Kept coming to mind. I saw someone play a Complete mix 2 at GTE in Somerville, Mass. and they played with the effector turned on.

On the behalf of the Maine beatmania community and the soon to be opening Power Up arcade, what does this button do?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DJ sephi spin those discs
Trick Member
Trick Member

183. PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can be used as an options menu if you press it before you press start after you put your credits in the machine. while selecting a song, you can press it (i don't know how many times) and you can change the options, there, too.

i don't know what it does in-game though, sorry.
Trick Member
Trick Member

184. PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you press the effector in game, it will slightly change the sound of the song. For example, you could set the effector mode to echo, in which case there would be an echo in the sound. There are several effector settings, and to scroll through them just keep pressing the effector button

None of these change the gameplay at all, only the sound. Personally, I play Beatmania and IIDX with the effector off.
[Team Kevin] VgameT
Trick Member
Trick Member

185. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.
Our arcade has BM The Final, but I have no idea how to play any songs on hard. I know you can, but Japanese is not exactly a language I speak. So, help?
Trick Member
Trick Member

186. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sephi (is not a girl) wrote:

i tried Double today, and man, is it HARD! it can be fun, but it's just so difficult. if only they removed the movie in the middle, and put the two different note screens closer together to make it easier.

I know this is an old post and you probably saw me do this last weekend, but...

to play Double with both column sets right next to each other, choose "BM II Double" instead of regular Double at the beginning.
Trick Member
Trick Member

187. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBH wrote:
sephi (is not a girl) wrote:

I know this is an old post and you probably saw me do this last weekend, but...

to play Double with both column sets right next to each other, choose "BM II Double" instead of regular Double at the beginning.

yeah, i figured it out like, the day after i posted that. i feel stupid. frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

188. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VgameT wrote:
So.
Our arcade has BM The Final, but I have no idea how to play any songs on hard. I know you can, but Japanese is not exactly a language I speak. So, help?
just hit the two blacks keys at the same time. hit them again to get "another"

or just to help map it out

normal->hard->another
View users profile Send private message
Life.
Trick Member
Trick Member

189. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Danny_Boy(RETIRED) wrote:
VgameT wrote:
So.

normal->hard->another

Danny=SUPER AWESOME at Beatmania everytime i go to the arcade i see him play and im liek DAYUM laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SPF5.Danny_Boy(RETIRED)
Trick Member
Trick Member

190. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hustler One wrote:
VgameT wrote:
So.

normal->hard->another

Danny=SUPER AWESOME at Beatmania everytime i go to the arcade i see him play and im liek DAYUM laugh.gif
uummm........... how are you?
SPF5.Danny_Boy(RETIRED)
Trick Member
Trick Member

191. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so uummmm............... noticing that 5 key is dead, I just want to know how is everyone doing so far?=)
zero0ta
Basic Member
Basic Member

192. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 key noob here......i have been playing IIDX for about a year and i just borrowed all the 5 key stuff from a friend. how do you use high speed in 5 key? thanks for any help.
View users profile Send private message Send email
MATTY V.
Trick Member
Trick Member

193. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves, 4th Mix and lower don't have Hi-Speed. Otherwise, it should be right there in the options menu before you select your songs.
zero0ta
Basic Member
Basic Member

194. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have to unlock it or anything? i have 5th and gotta mix2 on ps1 and do you mean the main options menu or one that just pops up?
View users profile Send private message Send email
byron2dx
Trick Member
Trick Member

195. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero0ta wrote:
do you have to unlock it or anything? i have 5th and gotta mix2 on ps1 and do you mean the main options menu or one that just pops up?

No, it pops up right after you enter arcade mode. It's usually at the bottom of the list for modifiers. I believe that 5th mix only offers HS1 while Gottamix 2 has HS1/2/3. I'm too lazy to go and check riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

196. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so uummmm............... noticing that 5 key is dead, I just want to know how is everyone doing so far?=)

Power Up arcade in Maine is open and I'm more than happy with the Beatmania: The Final machine there.
whitewulfe
Trick Member
Trick Member

197. PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, on the 1st someone talked me into playing Beatmania (while waiting in line for the DDR Extreme Machine over at Playdium in E-town)... Okay, so it was HipHopMania Complete Mix 2, relatively the same thing... biggrin.gif

What I don't get is the fact I was passing fives after a meager half an hour...

Needless to say, I had waaay more fun playing HHM than DDR... E1.gif So yet another has been added to the ranks of BM addiction... E10.gif
DJ sephi spin those discs
Trick Member
Trick Member

198. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if this has been said before.... but how do i play the Another remixes, like the ones you can play in Expert mode, but in Hard mode?
Trick Member
Trick Member

199. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyey I found myself to a bm III 7th mix, but how are you suppose to access anothers? o_O;
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: