Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) thread

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Official Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) thread Reply with quote

This is the official taiko no tatsujin (taiko drum master in america) This thread is for any issues with the drum itself obvioulsy because it is in this lovely new Controller and Hardware section. Technically this isnt a bemani game, but it is a music game E1.gif i actually have a question about the drum. Ive used mine quite alot, and i noticed that the drum started peeling. The drum i know is rubber, but why is it that it starts peeling like an eraser? I literaly cleaned off eraser shavings off of my drum! Im just hoping this doesnt kill the drum at all!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the American Version of the game's drum looks like?

Also, the Donkey Konga bongo drums thread was allowed since in the announcement it touched on that subject so I believe this thread is all okay. =]

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I give this thread my official blessing. E10.gif It's basically for anything that'd fall in DDR Consoles or OB&MG, except strictly for hardware.

Take note though - these threads aren't for discussing the game itself - just for the hardware. The Donkey Konga thread is a good example. People are discussing the durability of the controller, and alternate clap methods. E1.gif

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Cutriss biggrin.gif Yeah i just wanted to talk about the drum. Cuz ive been afraid to play anymore due to the fact that it seems to peel a bit. The drum itself still works and its sensitivity is fine, but for some reason it peels and it worries me. I was just hoping that i wouldnt have to buy another drum cuz i know the japanese ones i have will most likely work on the american one which is coming out later this month.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just like smack the drum instead of using the stick. I think that would maybe slow the "ageing process" of it, that is if you smack it lightly/Donkey Konga style.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what ur talking about, except that u need to hit the edges of the drum, which is hard via hands. The sticks seem the easiest way. Plus the drum is angled and with the patterns the hardest level for the songs have, it would make my hands fall off blink.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Namco sells the drum seperately as well as with the bundle for the US version. On EBGames.com all they have is the bundle with the game and the official drum but the drum they have for sale standalone is a Red Octane drum, for $39.99. I'd rather just buy 2 bundles, keep both drums and sell 1 of the games then spend $39.99 on a 3rd party drum.
View users profile Send private message
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? They're selling the game for $39.99 I believe and for the drum/game bundle it costs $59.99.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better sell the game seperate lol. Id prefer not to have 3 drums, specially since u cant play with 3 frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka wrote:
What? They're selling the game for $39.99 I believe and for the drum/game bundle it costs $59.99.

They are selling the game seperate? I didn't know that because both Gamestop.com and EBGames.com only have the bundle listed for $59.99 on EB ($69.99 on Gamestop) and the only other item listed is the Red Octane drum on both sites for $39.99. Since neither sites are selling the game seperate, I figured the game wasn't being sold as a standlone game.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: