Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Discussion Part II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dann with two n's
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im supposed to get my cypher games pad by friday if levelsix.com send it out today or monday if they send it out tomarow E1.gif

gonna mod it this weekend if i get it friday
or next weekend if i get it monday

cant wait to get the pad and now ive got enough to order max2 japan and then ima save up for another metal pad so i can play doubles

beat my first 10 footer on doubles and i swear it is not a 10 footer way to easy.. um it was one from club i think it was genom screams i cant remember wich is a ten but it wasnt that hard o well cant wate for my metal pad....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that alot of people did not get threr pads. and from what last i herd from the beat gear site(December 17th 2002) that the pads where in a warehouse in Florada and the govenment might collect them or somthing? i kind of realy wanted a set of 2 of them because that design beats the hell out of my MYMYBOX pads. its the same design as the arcade with 4 more sensor points per arrow. any one know of anyone else that is making metal pads ARCADE style. not lame MMB/CG style?

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
mexican ninja
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, do you,like work for beat gear??? Seriously, you sound so freaking postive!!! whatever, i got my cobalt's, and those are better then the arcade.And there are no wierdos who "forget to wear deordent. goog.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in all honesty i wish i would have gone for cobalt Flux pads over my MYMYBOX pads. myne are SOLO pads but the frame is a low grade steal or maby alunimum(pads have not bent but still on the RUBBER stopers that can with the pads). my MMB are unmoded and have gone threw alot of abuse but i cant pratice Free Styling on them because of the sinking arrows. does anyone know a mod for the pads that changes the sensors to those that a DDR machene uses? that and the screws are starting to fall out 3 gone so far and they will not screw back in??? its realy odd.

i would kill for 2 of the offical Konami Dance pads but that doesent sound like a feesable option. that or the actual DDR Dance Pads off of a DDR machene(NOT SOLO) but an actual machene. (solo's arrows are realy funkey. sensors on the inside center of the pad insteed of the outer rim like a normal DDR pad.)

i am not with or part of Beat Gear. its just evory time i see specs of the pads.(not the video) but specs of the pad they look grate. the video is a turn off because the pads look like they are bending to the dancing and the arrows sound uber loud. but i just want DDR in my house. hooked up to SM or DWI...

The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Fum4nchuu
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol buddy you need to get a grip on reality E10.gif
View users profile Send private message
CourtJester
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa does he ever. Seriously now...why don't you ask one of the hundred or so who got frick over what THEY think of beat-gear?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
BTTB
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get the vid yet?
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay i got my cg pad today and went it came i just took off the rubber things... but one corner the screw got stripped because the other screw went to far and pushed it out but that dindt happen on any other part o_0

well besides that me and my freind were playing on it for 6 hours with the acrylic that it came with im gonna mod it tomaow probably but we didnt a bunch of 10 footers and oni's and it held to all and hasnt missed a step E1.gif
o ya wehn i flipped it over the pad i got from levelsix.com says game depot on the back laugh.gif
Shen
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CF pad's up arrow is sticking now. It started sticking after I played Era on Heavy a couple of times. I followed the Faq on their site, but it didn't help much. Now I'm waiting for a response to my email from them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had my MYMYBOX pads sence last october i think. and so far have done MAX UNLIMITED heavy Dubbles(failed)10 times, ERA HEAVY DUBBLES(pased) about 20 times. and i pratice other heavy dubbles songs. and so far no cracked arrows. and no bending. but the arrows have a realy anoying catching on the meal sound when they go down like a poping or somthing? but they did that sence day one. maby i sould sand down the edges of the arrows.

DuffMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the metal pads help in the arcade? I currently have an Ignition 2.0 pad, and I cant play worth poopy in the arcade. Will any of the metal pads listed here help, and if so, which ones?
GoLeafs28
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know if just getting a metal platform will help in the arcade. I have two Gamesdepot metal platforms and they are very sensitive and I am really improving at home. Here's the funny thing though. I seem to get worse at the arcade. The timing is different and I get strings of greats instead of perfects in the arcade now. I think the only way you are gonna get better in the arcade is to play in the arcade. Just my opinion.
TAJJBlanton
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.....the metal pad blows...a friend of mine was playing with it..and play Can't Stop Fallin' In Love...and broke the pad..his foot went right through the up.gif and It was then thrown out the window and never seen again...how did u get the Strongbad Icon??
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has helped me a great deal, not only to know the steps, but also to know where to put my feet. I have 2 Cyphergames pads, by the way. Max 300 Doubles was a breeze in the arcade after practicing at home.

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Isaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about your CG pad mod Ps2freak. I ordered a CG pad 3 weeks ago(I still dont have it because its on backorder), but do you play on carpet or a hard surface? The website said that they dont recommend playing on carpet, but I was wondering if the mod would make it suitable for playing on carpet.

Also I was wondering how long you have been using your pads since you modded them. Do you think that a modded CG pad would last very long if I played Max 300 on heavy a lot?
GoLeafs28
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxxUnlimited2003

The metal platforms don't all suck but you have to be willing to work on em. Some people don't have the know how or time to do this and in that case, yeah, they can suck. I have Gamesdepot platforms and I have had no real problems with them but I have modded them and I have replaced arrows that have cracked. The cracked arrows typically don't affect gameplay but make it look ugly. I also did some light solder fixing. I don't mind tinkering with them but out of the box they can be a pain. Get a Cobalt Flux. I think those rock out of the box. biggrin.gif

The icon is just on the site. Come on fhqwhgads get with the program E13.gif
Isaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would get a cobalt flux, but I'm only 15 with no money. I think the pad I bought is a cyphergames pad, but I'm not entirely sure. I got it a komusa for $120 on sale about 3 weeks ago. I can't believe that it's still on backorder though.

I am going to be really mad if this thing breaks, so I'll try to give it as many mods as I can. Do they last very long on carpet though?
DuffMan_
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CF pad I'm gonna buy soon for sure. I was wondering though. Do they connect like a PS2 controller or are they a USB connection. If they were a USB connectin, then they would work on my computer for DWI and I would not need to buy a converter right?
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaru,

Please, please, please do NOT use a cyphergames or mymybox style metal pad on carpet. They WILL warp faster and it just plain is not good for them. Just have your folks take you over to home depot and buy a 34x34 piece of particle board to put it on. I use board that is about 1/2 inch thick. It only cost me about 10 bucks for two boards... they will cut them for you. Just trying to be helpful.

Duffman,

The connection is playstation style not USB. It would be cool if it was USB though but I do not know if the PS2 would recognize it right. There should be a thread on PS to USB adapters that work in the DDR at Home section. Hope this helps.
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaru wrote:
I have a question about your CG pad mod Ps2freak. I ordered a CG pad 3 weeks ago(I still dont have it because its on backorder), but do you play on carpet or a hard surface? The website said that they dont recommend playing on carpet, but I was wondering if the mod would make it suitable for playing on carpet.

Also I was wondering how long you have been using your pads since you modded them. Do you think that a modded CG pad would last very long if I played Max 300 on heavy a lot?

I play on concrete, but with plywood underneath the pads. If you do put plywood underneath your pads, and attach your pads to the plywood, you can play on any surface.

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 3 of 97

Jump to: