Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Discussion Part II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_ter
Trick Member
Trick Member

1920. PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all,

After two years, I updated my site today.

The changes can be seen at

http://www.rufus3.com/ddr/metalpadmod.html

Thanks everybody who's made the site reknown.

Rufus3.com - Videos by Rufus Cubed - Disconnected, Caffeinated, Inane!
Ter's DDR Pages - TerTerBox, Metal Pad Mod, and more...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
AlphaConqerer
Trick Member
Trick Member

1921. PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo guys.
I read through a bit of the thread, so I'll post this here, and then read through more of the thread to see if I can find the answer. In the meantime, hope I'm not repeating anyone.

I was wondering about the following pad:

http://www.levelsix.com/detail.aspx?ID=20

Any ideas on LevelSix? Good? Bad? Is the deal alright?

Let me know. Thanks.

-Chris
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

1922. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong thread.
pooface
Trick Member
Trick Member

1923. PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which homemade metal mat design is better? I've been thinking of making one, of my own, and I'm wondering if Riptides design is better than this other one. I'm leaning towards Riptide's cause its extremely arcade-like.
Edit: Oopsies, wrong thread.
View users profile Send private message
roxfan
Trick Member
Trick Member

1924. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Metal Pads Reply with quote

Hey people,

I'm hoping someone can help me with tips for getting a solid metal pad. I'm looking for something that works initially with X-box, but also has the capability to be used on PS, and maybe even PC.

I saw this BNS Arcade Metal Pad at:
http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-AMPD/

It looks solid enough and suposedly supports all 3 platforms. It is $240 (plus Shipping), but I'm willing to pay that if it's performance is solid.

Has anyone used this pad at all? If so, I'd be very happy to hear your opinions about it.

I've seen a lot of people recently talking about the RO pad, but it seems like there are a lot of problems with it. I'd rather pay a little more up front and get something that won't wear down quickly and/or require mods. Any feedback would be appreciated.
D8TheSkip
Trick Member
Trick Member

1925. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: CB or OR? Reply with quote

I know the Cobalt Flux is for the PS2 but are there any adapters that can hook up to the Xbox?

Oh and ofcourse is the CB even worth it? I've seen videos of people playing on it on maniac and all but is the pouring more cash into it worth it?

Thanks.

~Let the Skip keep you dancing.

I've seen the end of the universe, and it happens to be in Houston, Texas... I know I was shocked too. I was at the end of a street and there I saw a Starbucks...and then I turned around and across from that Starbucks, the exact same street of that StarBucks... there was a Starbucks! And that my friends...is the End of the Universe...
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

1926. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: CB or OR? Reply with quote

D8TheSkip wrote:
I know the Cobalt Flux is for the PS2 but are there any adapters that can hook up to the Xbox?

There are PS2 -> Xbox converters that do the job well (the GameElements converter works great). However, if you want the Flux to show up as a pad on Xbox Live, your only pre-made option right now is the BNS PS2 -> Xbox converter, which does a passable job of Live compatibility (with some glitches).

Cobalt Flux themselves are saying they hope to have both Xbox and USB compatible control boxes available by the end of November.

Is a Flux worth it? I've had mine for 8 months and the pad itself still works great (no lie - over 60 different people have danced on it). The control box, however, has died on me twice, prompting me to simply make my own. I continue to use my homebrew cbox rather than get further replacements from CF.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
D8TheSkip
Trick Member
Trick Member

1927. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Wow that's great to know. My friend has a X-box and has Stepmania on it and can get almost any song on it.. I was planning on geeting the double pads so when go to NDK (Nan Desu Kan, Anime Convention) We can reintoduce our homemade arcade with everysong and REALLY good pads. ^-^; Any thanks a lot...

P.S. Err how do you make a homemade cbox?

I've seen the end of the universe, and it happens to be in Houston, Texas... I know I was shocked too. I was at the end of a street and there I saw a Starbucks...and then I turned around and across from that Starbucks, the exact same street of that StarBucks... there was a Starbucks! And that my friends...is the End of the Universe...
_ter
Trick Member
Trick Member

1928. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the links in Sinistar's sig

CF Xbox Cbox 1 :: CF Xbox Cbox 2

Rufus3.com - Videos by Rufus Cubed - Disconnected, Caffeinated, Inane!
Ter's DDR Pages - TerTerBox, Metal Pad Mod, and more...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

1929. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsolete now.

CLANK

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97
Page 97 of 97

Jump to: