Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Discussion Part II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 95, 96, 97  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rber
Trick Member
Trick Member

1900. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.channelbeat.com/products/parts/dance_dance_revolution_parts/237.html

Has anyone purchased that pad from Channel Beat? If not, do you guys know anything about the quality of it?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
MaxXSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

1901. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks really cheap, i don't know

oh yeah, for those ppl who has an RO metal pad, can you take off the white plastic things on the lower left and right squares of the pad, and also the blue plastic in the center? i want to make it all metalic but i'm afraid i'll void the warrantee of something
View users profile Send private message Send email
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

1902. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take the blue plastice off of the pad. The Channelbeat pad is a ripoff the shipping is like $110.

I'm an affiliate for Play-Asia, click on banner for all of your BEMANI needs!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
DDRroseDuelist
Basic Member
Basic Member

1903. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: damn pad! Reply with quote

I got a new, totally awesome RO metal pad... and it delays on my Xbox. Why does the world hate me. I'm desperately addicted to it (but only for 1 more day! E4.gif ) but ill still play it!
smasmac-CHAOS
Trick Member
Trick Member

1904. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got any ideas on how to anchor a pad to the floor w/o messing up the carpet?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1905. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:
You can take the blue plastice off of the pad. The Channelbeat pad is a ripoff the shipping is like $110.

What about the white ones on the lower left and right squares. I already took them off, it looks even cooler now, The white stuff makes it look wierd
HitokiriX
Trick Member
Trick Member

1906. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxXSakura wrote:
DDRNemesis wrote:

What about the white ones on the lower left and right squares. I already took them off, it looks even cooler now, The white stuff makes it look wierd

you can take off all the plastic coverings. they're only there to protect the metal panels underneath. there should be plastic on the arrows too but if there aren't it probably won't matter. also you'll have to replace the acrylic arrows with polycarbonate ones.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

1907. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitokiriX wrote:
MaxXSakura wrote:
DDRNemesis wrote:

you can take off all the plastic coverings. they're only there to protect the metal panels underneath. there should be plastic on the arrows too but if there aren't it probably won't matter. also you'll have to replace the acrylic arrows with polycarbonate ones.

RO uses polycarbon arrows buddy!

I'm an affiliate for Play-Asia, click on banner for all of your BEMANI needs!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
MaxXSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

1908. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it does

so does anybody know how to mod a RO metal pad to make it more sensitive?
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1909. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys. This is getting on my nerves, i think i will have to buy a new RO if i dont get help soon, my RO has been broken for 3 months now, i tried _ter's mod(added metal to the foil) i unscrewed everything and cleaned the copper of with the Brillo pad and made it look sparkly fresh. But STILL. The bottom and right arrows STILL dont work, my dad keeps saying, "we need to get an electrition over here to look at the wires, you might have spilled water on it!" But reall, who will come over to my house thats professional to look at my DDR Pad!?
Extreme just came out and i bought it today so im dying to play it, so i have been using my controller, and 'A*'ed each song E15.gif SO im relying on you all to tell em any other problems that have happened!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention i weigh 100 pounds, i dont stomp, and play without shoes on, and i menuever my pad around my house up and down stairs vertically holding it.
SO HELP!
Interests:Soccer, Track, Music
Hobbies:Basketball...
S/N:Jesus Is A QT...IM Me...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
smasmac-CHAOS
Trick Member
Trick Member

1910. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxxSakura, chceck the prongs in your control box and make sure they're not bent, that's the only thing I can think of
Trick Member
Trick Member

1911. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smasmac wrote:
MaxxSakura, chceck the prongs in your control box and make sure they're not bent, that's the only thing I can think of

what prongs r u talking about? The pad's okay, it's just not that sensitive and i'm forced to stomp on it most the time. But i have occasionally AAA songs.

also, what other material can i use to effectively clear out the copper contact other than brillo wipes?

if not, where can i buy some brillo pads

------------------------

For you ppl that have a RO metal pads, have your metal brackets ever "pop" off along with the little triangular wooden piece? Mind did 3 times already on this different brackets. The down arrow's left lower bracket, the left arrow's lower left bracket, and the right arrow's lower right bracket. All these brackets are single screwed but it seems like the screw is wayyyyyyyy to short.

so did anybody ever had this problem of similar to it?

I'm more concerned of cleaning my contacts and maybe modding it to be more sensitive though. So if u can help me out. First of all, where can i get some Brillo pads?
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1912. PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brillo Pads:
I just bought one at Kroger today, its in the hous hold cleaning isle.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
MaxXSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

1913. PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance wrote:
Brillo Pads:
I just bought one at Kroger today, its in the hous hold cleaning isle.

I don't have any Krogers around my house but i do have safeway,basha's, and safeway. I just have to go see the next time i go shoping with my mom.

also, how much does these brillo pads cost?

------------------------

RO metal pad update:

I had it for about 2 or 3 weeks now i think.

i've cleaned the four main arrow sensors already and it proves to work a little better. I've cleaned it with just a dry paper towel though, i hope that doesn't damage it.

Last night, the fourth bracket came off with the wooden piece again. This time it's a bracket with two screws, the one connecting the right arrow to the upper left arrow( O button ). Do anybody know the wiring layout of the current RO metal pad. I'm thinking about just screwing them down with a longer screw cuz the screw that came with the metal pads are very short and they only touch the "main" wooden board, that the sensor sits on. Anybody have any suggestion? My stepdad wants to just screw a longer screw down to secure ALL the brackets, but i have a feeling that this method might ruin the wiring and mess up the whole pad. How strong is wood glue when used in a metal pad? I have doubts.
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

1914. PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris u really need to talk to RO. Your pad is messed up. Brackets popping up doesnt happen in every pad. You should really make them get you a new one...

To make it more sensitive, you maybe could add something thick and tape it to the bottom of the arrow or something, then add some sheet metal pieces...

Like this...

Acrylic
(Wood or something to increase the length of the acrylic)
Contacts.

Then you could put strips of weather stripping to help the pad bounce back after it is pressed on the copper...

I dont recommend this... copper contacts suck...

If u wanted, you can get 8 other pieces of sheet metal, and then solder the ground and directionals to 4 and 4...

It gets kind of complicated... I think your better
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1915. PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco, I opened up my RO today to see what was wrong with the wires(my right and top arrows dont work at all) and i noticed 2 wires dangling, and i know what tube they go in, im just not sure how i can make them the in the tube..
MaxXSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

1916. PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discobiscuits wrote:
chris u really need to talk to RO. Your pad is messed up. Brackets popping up doesnt happen in every pad. You should really make them get you a new one...

To make it more sensitive, you maybe could add something thick and tape it to the bottom of the arrow or something, then add some sheet metal pieces...

Like this...

Acrylic
(Wood or something to increase the length of the acrylic)
Contacts.

Then you could put strips of weather stripping to help the pad bounce back after it is pressed on the copper...

I dont recommend this... copper contacts suck...

If u wanted, you can get 8 other pieces of sheet metal, and then solder the ground and directionals to 4 and 4...

It gets kind of complicated... I think your better

RO customer service sucks though, their online chat is never on. I don't really care that much about the brackets, eventually all of them will come off cuz the way they built it sucks. They just put like 3 nails for a nail gun and nailed the little triangular wooden piece down onto the main board. I want to just get a longer screw and then just screw it all the way down, but not too far. The only thing i'm afraid of is that i will run over screw over some wires or something.

I think i know the source of my problem, maybe i screwed my screws to tight and every time i step on an arrow, it makes it kinda like a lever, pulling the braket upward along with the little triangular piece. Whatcha think?
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

1917. PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance wrote:
Disco, I opened up my RO today to see what was wrong with the wires(my right and top arrows dont work at all) and i noticed 2 wires dangling, and i know what tube they go in, im just not sure how i can make them the in the tube..

The solder must of came off of the contacts... are is there wires on the up and right arrow's contacts? Or is it just in one of them? If it's one of them, ur gonna have to resolder the contacts...
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1918. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does solder mean
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

1919. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u dont know what that means... consider yourself screwed...

Soldering is when metal is melted onto another metal to make a circuit...

The wires connect from metal pieces to the controller's ground and directional contacts.

there are 2 wires per arrow, one being ground, and one being directional.

If any of those 2 wires look as if there not attached to ur arrows, tell us what it looks like/ give us a pic.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 96 of 97

Jump to: