Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Discussion Part II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

1880. PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone...

So, I have a 3rd party pad, and naturally the plastic arrows have cracked. No problem, they still work. But the down arrow is in 3 pieces, and they tend to overlap sometimes. The sensor works perfectly. What should I use to get it back together?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1881. PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no $$ = duct tape.
Money = buy poly carbonated sheets and mod the arrows.
Eggums
Basic Member
Basic Member

1882. PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxXSakura wrote:
well, at that price range, i would get an RO metal

i have one and it works great, the arrows are still a little hard though. Anybody know how to make the buttons more sensitive and softer?

I have the same problem. I couldn't find a straight answer and wanted to bring this up again. I recently got an RO metal pad a couple days ago, and the arrows are less sensitive than I thought they would be. When I double step in a song like HVAM heavy, it often doesn't register the two steps. The arrows seem a bit hard, and I don't know if it is normal for the covering on top of the arrows to be curved upwards, almost as if it were too big for the slot and it stays sticking up? I assumed this would go away after playing for a while and stepping on the arrows and making them go into the slot more. I was wondering if I should just wait it out or mod it? And how should I mod it if that were the case?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

1883. PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discobiscuits wrote:
no $$ = duct tape.
Money = buy poly carbonated sheets and mod the arrows.

Well the bottom is held together and covered by some felty material, so is there something I can do to hold the cracked plastic together? (Without duct-taping the whole thing)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1884. PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, lemme ask again since no one seems to even feel like attempting to help me.

Ok, i got a problem and I need a lil help with it. I opened up my TX1000 (yes I know it is crap) to mod it and I when I opened it there were these sensors and I don't understand how I can modify that.
gdup4life2k4
Basic Member
Basic Member

1885. PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey discobiscuits yes the arrows are lit up with led lights wut do u mean that u can just rip the ends with use some electrical tape i mean i really want those lights still lighting up when u step on it is there neway u can replace that panel instead of using poly carbonated panel can i jsut use the lexan material that is better then poly carbonated. is there a way u can do that without having to literlally take the lights off and not have them nemore? also like if i was to buy lexan and instead of repairing the broken arrow can i just put the lexan panal right over the broken poly carbonated panal jw if that would work. please resond to me a.s.a.p thanx

Last edited by gdup4life2k4 on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
usamablackbelt
Trick Member
Trick Member

1886. PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I may have a problem.

My CF isn't responding as well as it used to. Sometimes it will just not register arrows. I dont know how to clean it, the do's and don'ts etc. Can someone help me out? Also, the plastic top of the arrows is starting to go flat...help on that too?

EDIT: nvm....the old quarter turn to the left deal :-\
me: yeah, cuz hes a DJ, and remixed it
me: seriously, you thought DJ Mystik made Castles in the Sky?
dude: who cares
me: i do
me: i think its funny
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
NuRelic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1887. PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man guys thanks, thanks for all the help. im gonna get someone to help me so dont worry.
MJSi24
Trick Member
Trick Member

1888. PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discobiscuits wrote:
wait a sec, do the arrows light up with leds? If so, that wire isnt really needed, you can just rip it off and tape the ends with some electrical tape...

gdup4life2k4 wrote:
hey discobiscuits yes the arrows are lit up with led lights wut do u mean that u can just rip the ends with use some electrical tape i mean i really want those lights still lighting up when u step on it is there neway u can replace that panel instead of using poly carbonated panel can i jsut use the lexan material that is better then poly carbonated. is there a way u can do that without having to literlally take the lights off and not have them nemore? also like if i was to buy lexan and instead of repairing the broken arrow can i just put the lexan panal right over the broken poly carbonated panal jw if that would work. please resond to me a.s.a.p thanx

gdup4life2k4 is my friend that I'm referring to that has the problem. So if the wire is just ripped off, where and how do you re-attach the wire so that way the led lights still light up? thanks.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

1889. PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gduplife... here is your problem with the arrow.

It's cracked, blah blah... and you still want the leds.

Here's the solution... you know that black stuff that is taped under the arrow? (It's like the 1/2 insulation foam, but is really, really skinny)
All you have to do it rip that off, and then collect the 6 leds from it. Do not cut the wire, or else your leds are screwed unless you wanna solder... which would be a pain.

So get like an exacto knife, or just pick at it for long enough, and rip the black stuff away from the crack arrow, and take the leds out from it.

In the new panel, all you have to do is put the led lights between the arrow panel and then black insulation tape (this will have to be done close to the pad, cuz the wire SHOULD be attached to it still) Then after you place the leds, tape it up with the 1/2 inch insulation tape, then add 2 skinny sheet metal pieces, and then ur set. Put it back in the slot, then screw the brackets back in.

Here is how the arrow should look.

(Top)
1. lexan (poly carbonated)
2. Arrow Graphic
3. Led lights
4. 1/2 foam insulation strips
5. Sheet metal (or aluminum foil tape) Note - you have to put 2 pieces down so that both the ground AND directional points contact.
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1890. PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys please. I need to be heard before Extreme comes out on Tuesday.

I have a RO Metal, and i have been using it for a lomng time now, and i only weigh 100 lb. so the arrows arn't cracked for sure. But my right and up arrows stopped working, i opened them up, and there was straches on the copper, so i did _Ters mod and nothing happened. So now im stuck with a up and right arrows that don't work because of the copper, i think, and DDR Extreme comes out in 2 days.

Post your ideas on whats wrong.

(Yes, i know there will be another guy right after this posting that he needs his USB to IDNISAFNDOCVM Adapter fixed you and guys will help himj out and not me.)
Interests:Soccer, Track, Music
Hobbies:Basketball...
S/N:Jesus Is A QT...IM Me...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Jalum
Trick Member
Trick Member

1891. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought my BNS metal pad Friday night and from what my other friends have told me is that is a really good quality pad. I haven't played on it because they live 5 hours away from me. Do any of you think that it's a good pad? I haven't heard anybody talk about it, and I don't want to start another post. So any help will do.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
smasmac-CHAOS
Trick Member
Trick Member

1892. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junios wrote:
I just bought my BNS metal pad Friday night and from what my other friends have told me is that is a really good quality pad. I haven't played on it because they live 5 hours away from me. Do any of you think that it's a good pad? I haven't heard anybody talk about it, and I don't want to start another post. So any help will do.

Yeah I have 2 of them, I think their good pads.
My problem though, which I would like to ask you all, is how to anchor the pads to a carpet or wood surface. My room is a carpet, and even though it has a nonslide surface, it still moves around on me; especially when I'm trying to do a max. Any ideas?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eggums
Basic Member
Basic Member

1893. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2nvkp/padpictures

Ok the arrows on my RO metal pad are still protruding outwards. I've taken some pictures so that you can see what I'm talking about. You have to give it a really good kick to have it register. Is there any way to make the arrow flatter and not curved?
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

1894. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNS a quality pad??? pssh.... worst comment ever...
NuRelic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1895. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DISCOBIUSCITS,,,,,,,, Bless you for that information, thank you so much for that help I really am in debt to you for that.
LSBE
Trick Member
Trick Member

1896. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: tx-2000's Reply with quote

i just got 2 tx-2000's off ebay for $400 with 2 control boxes for each console. the only problem ive had is the xbox control boxes which the seller has already agreed to replace at no cost. anyways i took it apart and the insides look pretty easy to fix if something goes wrong (if you know a little wiring) you can order new arrows and it seems pretty stable. i've seen mixed reviews so i was just wondering if theres anything else i should look out for matinence-wise? any comments would be helpful.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
LSBE
Trick Member
Trick Member

1897. PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: protruding arrow Reply with quote

eggums have u tried cutting a little off the end of the arrow? thats the only thing i can tink of. what kind of plastic is that anyway???
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
MaxXSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

1898. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to mod a RO metal pad to make it more sensitive, without the risk of breaking it?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Eggums
Basic Member
Basic Member

1899. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxXSakura wrote:
is there a way to mod a RO metal pad to make it more sensitive, without the risk of breaking it?

I have the same question.

I don't want to cut the arrow because if I find out a better way to fix the arrows later, I'll be without part of my arrows, which is no good. I'm not sure what plastic it is, it might say on the redoctane site or something.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 95 of 97

Jump to: