Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

broken right arrow on metal pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necorn
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: broken right arrow on metal pad Reply with quote

hey guys
for a while now after i modded my mat the right arrow was acting up a bit, sometimes not working for a few seconds then all of a sudden working again
there are days where it only acts up for a few minutes then works perfectly for hours.
sometimes when i tighten or loosen the screws holding the brackets down on each corner the arrow seems to work better... dont know if it has anything to do with that or not, but anyway..
so today i got my mat out for a bit of weekly ddr, and guess what the arrow stops working during a song
i think, hey its the usual then play around with the pad a bit to see if itll work again
but still nothing
i opened it up and one of the wires leading away from the sensor had overlapped with another wire and had gotten itself squashed.
heres a picture: (sorry about the quality, my camera sucks)

so im wondering if inside the squashed plastic casing the wires have been severed thus not completing the circuit
if that is the problem, what should i do to try and fix the wires?
heres a picture of my mat with some of the panels opened up

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
View users profile Send private message
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, link to your images.

Second, it's a pretty simple fix. Try splitting, stripping, then splicing the wire.
necorn
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is the problem with the squashed wire?
like has this same problem happened before with other users?
i dont want to unnecessarily open up a tiny wire without any skill in that area if there is another solution..

ill get bak and tell you how it went after i give it a go
ty biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: