Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

syncing ps2 >> HD TV

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclarke6006
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: syncing ps2 >> HD TV Reply with quote

Hey Guys I have always been bad at syncing the ps2 games to a normal tv and still account for the dance pad delay. Now I have an HD tv and it seems to be even more off. Anyone have solid tips or sound + - settings to make sure I am in sync with the game on my HD tv?
View users profile Send private message
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For each DDR game, the timing is unique, so you have to make sound adjustments in the options menu specific to each game. Additionaly, it varies with different television and sound systems, so there's not really a magic number I can throw out there. The best thing to do would be to practice at an arcade to get a sense of the timing it uses, then adjust your PS2 game settings to mimic that.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Dan Druff
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the older games, you can try connecting the audio separately from the television using external speakers since the HDTV causes the audio to lag by upscaling the picture so it can display properly. You may want external speakers anyway since most DDR games support Pro Logic II. The three most recent Japanese versions (Supernova, Supernova 2 and X) and the American version of Dance Dance Revolution X support progressive scan by holding triangle and X as you boot the game. You will need to connect the PS2 to the television via component cable. Enabling progressive scan means the game will have already upscaled the image so that the HDTV doesn't have to.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: