Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official non-DDR controller FAQ: Ask controller ?s here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagnetiX
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Enigma,Im planning to go down to HappControlls this weekend and buy some stuff,do you think I should get a 15W Solder Kit or just the General solder kit?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is bad about the Rave Discman from Redoctane? Just wondering, because the first post said don't get it. (They are realllly cheap on ebay)

Edit : NM, read about it in the IIDX thread.
HyUn
Basic Member
Basic Member

82. PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was recently informed that the guitar freaks controller at japanvideogames.com isn't the "guitar boy" controller any longer. I've never seen this controller so i was wondering if this is the one rite here?

View users profile Send private message
Uncle_Richard
Basic Member
Basic Member

83. PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been searching around lately for Beatmania 2 DX controllers trying to find cheap prices and such. I came around this place: http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/psx2hard/dx.htm

it has the controller for $75, cheapest i have seen it (none-ebay) i was wondering if anyone knew how reliable this place might be as my ps2 is being modded and should be here any day now.

also i found this
http://www.gamestech.com/playstation2_info/controller/beatmania_dx2_controller/controller.htm

here it si marked at $80.

So are either of these to places really reliable and have good service? Any help would be nice E4.gif
~Enigma of TFF/TSOCP~
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagnetiX wrote:
Hey Enigma,Im planning to go down to HappControlls this weekend and buy some stuff,do you think I should get a 15W Solder Kit or just the General solder kit?

Hmm, you should probably get the general solder kit. Because, if you look at the bottom of the button, there's what looks like a plug. What you do with that is take a short insulated wire (with the insulation cut off at the ends). You wrap some of each individual end of the "plug" and then solder the other end to each contact point for every button. Since it's not a really a complicated job, so go with the general solder kit. And what do you mean you're going down to HappControlls, I didn't know they had an actual shop... thought they were just an internet buisness. Where is the shop located?

~Peace~

Ash - "DMX is more like a don't suck attack"
Mel. B - "I'd gladly drink a cup of her bathwater any day"
Anonymus - Well... he IS half asian.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
dvsIIdx
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am planning on modding my controller too, they have a HappControlls store here in vegas.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
~Enigma of TFF/TSOCP~
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, cool. Maybe i'll go down when I'm in Vegas during summer vacation. What's the address?

~Peace~

Ash - "DMX is more like a don't suck attack"
Mel. B - "I'd gladly drink a cup of her bathwater any day"
Anonymus - Well... he IS half asian.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
game_tip
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would u know the solder points?

and does anyone know a place where to buy a midi to usb adapter?
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the address for happ controls.
Happ Controls
6870 S. Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
game_tip
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone play KBM with a reg. keyboard and midi->usb adapter?

i just bought one and im waiting for it to come in the mail

was wondering how do u play that one thingy

the wheel thingy

yeah
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i got the midi to usb converter, this one

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=17-111-963-01.JPG/17-111-963-02.JPG/17-111-963-03.JPG

and i tried it with my friends keyboard, it doesn't work with KBM 2&3, but im going to try another keyboard and see if it works
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just got my Konami IIDX control and i noticed a little jack or hole or whatever u wanna call it near the turntable. i tired headphones and that didnt fit laugh.gif so if anyone could tell me what it is used for plz answer

-MgMn-
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
MisoStupid
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This HAS to have been answered before.

The jack on the IIDX controller is for a pedal, obviously put into place for forwards-compatibility with BMIII, but since there haven't been any releases (or apparent planned releases) of BMIII games thus far.... it's relatively useless right now. I heard you can use the DM bass pedal with it to adjust the effector though... so I stand by my statement, it's pretty useless.
clockwise.
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its in the IIDX faq on ddrfreak.
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading other threads on how to clean a IIDX controller's buttons to if they start to stick...then some also said that you could shave it, now my question when you want to do this, do you shave everything around the side so its all smooth, or just the corners so instead of being pointed they're rounded off?

Also, whats best to do this with? Sandpaper? Good file? Dremel?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I got my Topway guitar in the mail today, and it worked for about 3 rounds, and the pick gave out. Then the rest of the buttons 5 minutes later. I wanna take it apart and check the solder points, but when I take the screws out, something's still holding it together. Whats holding the 2 halves of the guitar together, and how can I get around it?

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
clockwise.
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps2freak wrote:
Hey, I got my Topway guitar in the mail today, and it worked for about 3 rounds, and the pick gave out. Then the rest of the buttons 5 minutes later. I wanna take it apart and check the solder points, but when I take the screws out, something's still holding it together. Whats holding the 2 halves of the guitar together, and how can I get around it?

PS2Freak

jeez. that quick, dude.
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyUn wrote:
I was recently informed that the guitar freaks controller at japanvideogames.com isn't the "guitar boy" controller any longer. I've never seen this controller so i was wondering if this is the one rite here?

I noticed this about a month or so ago. I was ready to order "Guitar Boy", but instead the picture showed "Magical Guitar". I e-mailed the "customer services" and they confirmed that they are not currently the Guitar Boy controller. However, they encouraged me to keep checking the website in case they get more of the Guitar Boy back in stock.

I've searched on internet, and cannot find anymore information on the Guitar Boy controller. If anyone knows where else you can buy it, please post here.

Hope that helps,
jason
clockwise.
Trick Member
Trick Member

98. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only place that carried the guitar boy was japan video games. sorry, dude.
Basic Member
Basic Member

99. PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone update the faq about the "guitar boy" controller please. I don't want other people, who don't know too much about but still love guitar freaks, to waste $40 bucks like me on the topway controller. It bugs me now because i could have just added another $60 to the $40 i wasted and have a konami controller by now.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 5 of 24

Jump to: