Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Oh man, this is the best thing EVER!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Oh man, this is the best thing EVER! Reply with quote

I just replaced the cracked acrylic with some high-impact stuff I got at Home Depot, and, instead of using the normal 1/16" foam or whatever I'm supposed to use, I had some "Virginia Foam Insulation". It's meant for piping, and it is 1/8", quite a bit thicker than the stuff that came on the CG pad. I thought for sure that the foil tape would be making constant contact with the copper, but to my complete surprise, it didn't! Instead, it gave me a feel that is 100% arcade authentic, as the plexiglass no longer has to bend to reach the copper contact sheet. Instead, it is right there, far enough away to prevent ghost notes and constant contact, but close enough to where it is very, very, very *inhale* very very arcade authentic. I felt like I was playing on a flux with brackets (or a what a konami metal pad must feel like). I highly suggest this, but have no idea where you can get it. My dad works with furnaces and air conditioners, and had some lying around. Again, it is 1/8", and it comes in a roll (like a roll of tape), and is 30' long. I had 2 rolls, and used 1 and a 1/2 to cover all the 4 main buttons on both my pads.

THIS IS GREAT!!!

...alwso, if you're in the Minnesota (TC area), please check my post in the midwest section E13.gif

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PhantomDancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps2freak, thanx alot for all of the effort u put into your website and your posts. I bought a games depot metal pad. I have made a new platform for the pad because the legs were giving out too easily and would have caused excessive damage to my pad.

I hope to mod and fix my pad to the extent that you have.
My pad feels just like the arcades firmness except for the the arrows which have cracked completely in this short time(in which I have finally gotten good enough finally beat most manaic songs, the pad helps a lot). I hope to make complete arcade feel. But I need to know what kind of foam did you use inside, what "high impact" arrow pads u used and also I need to know what kind of foil tape I should buy for the contacts inside?

thx

thank u

Last edited by PhantomDancer on Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
ddrkcpimpmufasa
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 FREAK THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME NOT SPEND 700 DOLLARS ON COBALTFLUXES... AND ONLY 250 TOTAL FOR BOTH OF MY METAL PADS.... UGH THIS MOD PWNS.
Are you a true gamer? If so, then register at www.ReadySetGamer.com by clicking the below link. This website is the best gaming website, has the best forums, and also PRIZES are giving away every month! From games to consoles to full desktops, this site owns!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody post a link to the "high-impact" plexiglass (the one from home depot), and also is it pre-cut into the correct shape, or do I have to cut it by myslelf? Also, where can I get some Virginia Foam Insulation?

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! I didn't know it posted.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total
MarshallKobe
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this work on a version 2? Did you ever get one to find out the differences?

Another arrow cracked......
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you can replace the arrows on any metal pad, but you don't necessarily need the foam... just go to Home Depot, buy new double strength acrylic and cut it yourself (if you can't do this, get the single strength, and have them cut it for you), get new graphics printed up, and Wah-Lah E1.gif

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps2freak wrote:
Oh, you can replace the arrows on any metal pad, but you don't necessarily need the foam... just go to Home Depot, buy new double strength acrylic and cut it yourself (if you can't do this, get the single strength, and have them cut it for you), get new graphics printed up, and Wah-Lah E1.gif

PS2Freak

dang, i shouldnt of threw my metal pad away.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You threw you metal pad away? I have pads that are broken but I still keep them (I gutted one of my DDR pads and wore it for a costume :lol).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TRIPLEG
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if u guys ever listened to what i said about 3 months ago i said this exact same thing. PS2FREAK u didnt come up with this idea i did along time ago so stop taking credit for this idea. frust.gif
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not taking credit for the idea of replacing old arrows with new ones... I never have claimed that to be my idea. However, I do take credit for the idea of the foam insullation tape underneath the new arrows, because, as far as I know, that is MY idea, and no one else's.

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
TRIPLEG
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry man for blastin u but i tell people about the cypher pads and the ods to do to them like 3 months ago and no one listens till some one else comes along and says it but ur foam idea is pretty well thought out.
ps2freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you convinced me, it was because of your review that I decided to go with the Cyphergames pad, and you told me to replace the arrows in the first place E1.gif

PS2Freak

You're a towel.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: