Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The "Official" Pop'n Music Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 63, 64, 65  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lepracon Artist
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lydia wrote:
Just remember that with the little pop'n music controller or with dual shock, everything becomes fairly easy

Sure, maybe to you, but there are still difficult things going on. I still can't even come close to passing Classic 4 EX. E15.gif

Sure, the controller's nice, but the fact is that most people don't have 400 dollars and access to pre-orders, so there's no shame in settling for the Konami one, even if it is a little small.

Lame horse!
View users profile Send private message Send email
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't mean it that way. I just mean it's much more challenging on the full-size controller. I can't afford arcade-style anything, myself. But when you play in the arcade, if all you've played is the normal home version, you WILL fail miserably unless you have some sort of aptitude for Pop'n Music! After what, 4 years? of Pop'n Music I clearly lack that aptitude ;-)
View users profile Send private message
Clay0K
Staff Member
Staff Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were new to the game...I mean--who am I kiddin' I AM new to the game, anyway--I'd just get the himeya controller first. And then, if you spend every waking moment playing (I'm not *THAT* engrossed yet) at that point you're best off ordering the arcade style controller, and selling your old PnM controller on Ebay for like $75.

I'm just biased though, I love how the normal controller is like super-super-super sensitive. I swear just my arm brushing over the top of a button sets it off...usually for the best. riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
clockwise.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how far do the buttons stick out on the himeya controller?
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think IIDX is harder than popn, but that's just me.
DKW
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iidx-Nick jr. - You still there?

Okay, to reiterate, from easiest to hardest:
1. Beginner/5-key
2. Normal
3. Expert/Party (only on older releases, unfortunately...yes, I know about Challenge Mode, dammit)
4. Hyper
5. EX

Challenge lets you set whatever parameters you want (high speed, Party, big pops, etc.), so it's as hard as you want it to be.

There's something for everyone here. I have the nagging suspicion that Konami created EX mode primarily to appeal to ultra-insane challenge lovers, but no one's forcing me to play them, so no beef here. If you have any kind of ability with IIDX, at least 95% of PnM songs on Normal should give you no trouble whatsoever.

I emphasize this because one of the things I appreciate the most about PnM is how Konami, even when appealing to the challenge fanatics, never forgot its other fans...people like me who just want to make wonderful music, admire the animations, and work up the difficulty ladder gradually.

Trust me, you'll do fine.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website

Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKW wrote:
5: Inaugurating both Challenge Mode and the Gallery (pick lots of easy songs and fail the requirements if you actually want the pictures), both welcome additions.
Erm, call me stupid if you will, but what are the requirements for Extra stage on Challenge Mode?
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, right now all I have is a PSX (and GC but I'd get for PSX) which I may get modded for PnM.
I'm considering getting PnM 6, is there anywhere to buy the arcade style controller?
And does anyone know where to get PnM buttons (arcade replacement) so I could make my own controller (like people do for IIDX, DDR, ect.)?
Thanks E1.gif
socjoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: arcade buttons Reply with quote

Hi. You must have read my mind because i was just thinking about building a pop'n music controller yesterday. I dont want to spend $80 on a small controller and cant imagine spending $400 on an aracde one so I went hunting all over looking for buttons and came up with what looks like a very promising find http://www.happcontrols.com I hope that link works. Look in the amusments section on the left side and goo to pushbuttons. Just scroll down and I'm sure you will see it. They are even available in different colors. The only think about this is I'm not sure how large the pop'n music buttons are because i've never played on an arcade machine. Hope this helps...and if they are the right size, I would appreciate it if you could help me build a controller as well. I will be forever grateful.
Smbu |L©|
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmo wrote:
Okay, right now all I have is a PSX (and GC but I'd get for PSX) which I may get modded for PnM.
I'm considering getting PnM 6, is there anywhere to buy the arcade style controller?
And does anyone know where to get PnM buttons (arcade replacement) so I could make my own controller (like people do for IIDX, DDR, ect.)?
Thanks E1.gif

Well I don't know where you can get PnM buttons, but you can pre-order the PnM arcade style controller from shop.himeya.com for $389(not sure about shipping cost), and when konami makes the next batch of PnM controllers then you will get yours. Or you could try getting one from Yahoo Auctions in Japan, through Rinkya, but I'd imagine that would cost a lot too, but you will probably get it sooner.
hi i'm Lain
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: back when ddrfreak was cool oh wait it was never cool
30. PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop n' Music, like everyone says, has one of the best playlists of any Bemani game. No crap anywhere. Even stuff you don't like at first grows and grows on you.

But the difficulty, GOD. It kills me. 9 buttons are hell.

NO DOUBT GET LOUD I BE KICKING YOUR NEIGHBOR
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jmo
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socjoc, I'm guessing your talking about the jumbo pushbuttons? Those *look* like the arcade buttons, I don't know about size either since I, too, have never played PnM in the arcade.
They have all the right colors for a pop'n controller...9 of them total up to about $230, then you'd have to buy the caseing, wires, ect. and install it all.
hardcore
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but given the choice between paying $230 for buttons and $389 for the whole thing made by Konami, I'd probably just spend the extra money to get them to do it for me. If I could get the buttons for cheaper I'd definitely do it myself though.

As for getting the EX stage, it depends on the mix. I believe for 6 and 7 you need 125 points, plus at least a certain score (maybe 215000). For 5 I believe you needed 100 points.
socjoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I didnt realize that they cost so much. For that price they better be the same as the buttons on the pop'n music arcade machine. I guess I might just give in and get a small controller. Can anyone that has played on the arcade machine and the smaller controller tell me if its worth it to get the controller? I would hate to use the controller and find out that my skills dont translate well to the machine, although I dont think they have any machines in Houston yet. Too bad konami hasnt released many of the bemani games to the US. I'm sure they would make a profit off beatmania, guitar freaks, drum mania, and pop'n music.
Umeboshi
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I want to play! If only if I had lot's of money or if only my arcade was better! My arcade has lost a Solo 2k, 4th Mix, and a Dance Maniax. Give me Popn' and IIDX!!! 'Ahem' At least I have a Max 2....
Dipstick
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardcore wrote:
As for getting the EX stage, it depends on the mix. I believe for 6 and 7 you need 125 points, plus at least a certain score (maybe 215000). For 5 I believe you needed 100 points.

That's not the only way to get extra stage... in PnM 7 CS, anyway. Because I have 2-3 EX songs unlocked, and I haven't managed to score 125+ in a game yet. I have no idea how I did that, but there's another way.. somehow. (And those sequences show up as my history courses... fun playing 3 easy-ass songs than something like Distance EX)

-Dippy
hardcore
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly is going on with 7, but that's a reasonable guideline at least... E1.gif I gotten the EX stage once when I didn't have 125, and I didn't get it once when I had 130 points. Maybe having a high score translates into a certain number of extra points, and a bad score is a loss of points. But that's just speculation of course...
djp -bemanistyle-
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In pop'n 7 an EX stage is GUARANTEED at 125 but will also be given to you for random scores... the random score is always different, I know because I've scored 98 points, gotten an ex stage, scored 98 again, got no ex stage. MY sure fire 125 point method is

OJamma that shrinks the screen up to down (dunno name, you'll need to find it, it's in kanji) - 7 points

OJamma for whole song - (10 points, only appears when an Ojamma challeneg is selected.

Urusei Hyper

Modern '80 Hyper

Night Out Remix Hyper
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJP, Do you know how to unlock individual movies on Popnmusic 7 (PS2)?

I have 3 but I keep getting the same pics.. Ive got all the pics.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound a little dumb, but why did they choose to load Pop'n up with so much japanese text, as while all the rest of the Bemani line up mostly uses english?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 2 of 65

Jump to: