Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ALL Soft Pad Discussion goes HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digifork
Trick Member
Trick Member

1760. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tist006 wrote:
why is it 24 dollar for a piece of wood in that mod lol.. its so small

It says on the web site:
Quote:
The boards at Home Depot only come in 4 by 8 foot sheets, which is enough for two DDR pads

4'x8'x5/8" sanded plywood boards are heavy and expensive
View users profile Send private message
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1761. PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying a Red Octane 2.0 Today, any +'s and -'s I should know for sharing and caring before i start?

I really dont understand how a 50 Dollar BNS can be better than a 100 dollar Red Octane, You knwo they put prices on items for a reason? When you guys say "I suggeust the BNS, do you mean its a better DEAL or a BERTTER PAD? I need someone to answer in a ab 5 minutes
Interests:Soccer, Track, Music
Hobbies:Basketball...
S/N:Jesus Is A QT...IM Me...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
[K-OS] Mouse
Trick Member
Trick Member

1762. PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a heads up for those who don't already own Red Octane pads, Eb Games is having a fall sale and they're only going to be $89.00 this weekend.

Buying a warranty is the best. Even if it still works when your warranty is about to expire, just switch it out for a new one.
ZealousDemon
Trick Member
Trick Member

1763. PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a post talking about another BNS problem, but I see it's been done.

The problem happened to me after only a few hours of play, on STANDARD mode. This is definately a major problem if a few hours of playing 5-7 footers does this.

SalK, I look forward to a responce from them soon about this.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
D.D.aRRR.Pirate
Trick Member
Trick Member

1764. PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is that the padding right above the sensors keep slipping. I had to cut into the pad and move it back. The problem is every arrow is starting. Why is it moving up and how can I stop it (prefrebly not having to cut too much farther.

Btw, Dance, to answer your question...
ddrwannabbe123 wrote:
Buynshop Deluxe Extreme...www.buynshop.com. It is like The Redoctane ignition(raised arrows,thick insert) Though nicer and only half the price. Check it out it's pretty good.

Warning points: 2

Worst. Start. Ever.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
FujiFlame
Trick Member
Trick Member

1765. PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack...

The other day I let my mom's friend's daughter use my pad...big mistake.
She played w/o socks -- more friction -- and instead of pressing down onto the pad, she would basically kick the top of the pad up.

So now, the top thin layer (what you see) on top of the stuff on the inside moves separately from the inside. It used to just occasionally all get bunched up together, and I could just pull it back and it would be fine for a while. Now when I play just about any challenging 9 or 10 , the top bunches up toward the top, pulling the bottom up, and it just screws everything up.

Is there a way to fix this problem?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
D.D.aRRR.Pirate
Trick Member
Trick Member

1766. PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I know I'm not a mod, and I know I'm spamming when I say this too but PLEASE DON'T SPAM YOUR POST! Mine is almost the exact same as yours. You could learn off mine. Anyway, make the forums a better place and don't spam.

Worst. Start. Ever.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Dance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1767. PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.D.aRRR.Pirate wrote:
My problem is that the padding right above the sensors keep slipping. I had to cut into the pad and move it back. The problem is every arrow is starting. Why is it moving up and how can I stop it (prefrebly not having to cut too much farther.

Btw, Dance, to answer your question...
ddrwannabbe123 wrote:
Buynshop Deluxe Extreme...www.buynshop.com. It is like The Redoctane ignition(raised arrows,thick insert) Though nicer and only half the price. Check it out it's pretty good.

DDR Pirate.....

I have used your NEW BUYNSHOP DELUXE EXTREME pad, NEW. A lot latly, i would have to say, the Red Octane that i bought after my post was worth the wild 100 dollars. And that yours might not be worth the 50. Ho many days have you had your pad? 7? It's already having small problems. I have played on mine for 3 days now and almost FCd Max 300, 4 goods and a boo. ANd i play constantly on mine, not a single problem yet. I have answered my own question. The RO is better than the BNS by enough to pay an extra 50.

Edit: What is the BEST mod for a Red Octane 2.0? I can't find they link to the chairmat, can someone repost it and comment?
Interests:Soccer, Track, Music
Hobbies:Basketball...
S/N:Jesus Is A QT...IM Me...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
D.D.aRRR.Pirate
Trick Member
Trick Member

1768. PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dun mean to argue too much but my pad is just retarded... You've played on rodes'. Besides him being a retard and steping on his sensor box while trying to show off it's perdy good.

Worst. Start. Ever.
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1769. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A MESSAGE TO ALL PAD BUYERS

Before buying here is what you must consider and this is also covering my butt on accidentally reccomending the newer version of BNS DX's.
I have recently heard many complaints about drifting inserts which make it harder for the pad to read when you step.

This is known to be TRUE.

Even if you only have this pad for a month it will start to do that with use on heavy or standard. The best way to do this or stop it from happening is either

A.not buy this pad

B.Open it up and anchor or sew it in place........

they only use glue know for the inserts.

I guess BNS went cheap like redoctane and their pads.
It is a shame because i got mine 4 months ago and through heavy usage on 9's it still works perfectly. Mine is the odler version which doesn't say "dx-extreme" in the lower right corner.

Do not buy htis pad unless you plan on modding it...
I am going to talk to BNS and i will get back to you with what they say...this will cover warranties,problems,free pads,etc.

Still don't go with Redoctane though...........unless they get this problem fixed.......your best bet is a metal pad or ebay pad with a particle board mod.

I once again apologize for reccomending this pad.....

peace,
ddrwannabbe123

With help fixxing or modding your pad please visit

modding:http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/softpadmod/#_Toc71480697

help fixing:www.ddr-pad-fix.tk
FujiFlame
Trick Member
Trick Member

1770. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.D.aRRR.Pirate wrote:
Look, I know I'm not a mod, and I know I'm spamming when I say this too but PLEASE DON'T SPAM YOUR POST! Mine is almost the exact same as yours. You could learn off mine. Anyway, make the forums a better place and don't spam.

I wasn't trying to spam, my other one got locked (which I was afraid of), and he told me to look in here, and I'm not reading 89 frikin' pages to look for one answer, so I posted it in here again. Didn't mean to offend anyone. And...after reading urs a bit, I think my problem is different, cuz cutting into it and moving it wouldn't do anything. The stuff on the inside doesn't move. The padding and sensors and all that stays there, the top, though, slides, and I can't play any decent songs anymore without it screwin up.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Hide
Basic Member
Basic Member

1771. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first pad has finally died on me. It survived for about 6 months until I started playing ten footers. When I was finally able to pass ten footers without a problem, it broke within a week.

I've been looking at new pads to buy. So far a BNS DX pad (that works) and a modded soft pad are looking good. They both cost the same and I can't really decide which one to go for. Which one would you guys suggest I get?
View users profile Send private message
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1772. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hide wrote:
My first pad has finally died on me. It survived for about 6 months until I started playing ten footers. When I was finally able to pass ten footers without a problem, it broke within a week.

I've been looking at new pads to buy. So far a BNS DX pad (that works) and a modded soft pad are looking good. They both cost the same and I can't really decide which one to go for. Which one would you guys suggest I get?

Well not the BNS DX yet.....because i am talking to them to see if they could change how they make the inserts because there old DX's worked fine but there new ones have drifting inserts. So you can wait and test your luck or go with a pad off ebay and modd it with Rychan's mod.
boathack
Trick Member
Trick Member

1773. PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know about these "reconditioned" RedOctane pads on ebay? I think I'll buy one and check it out if no one has messed with one before. Could I take out the foam and put MDF inside?
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1774. PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boathack wrote:
Anyone know about these "reconditioned" RedOctane pads on ebay? I think I'll buy one and check it out if no one has messed with one before. Could I take out the foam and put MDF inside?

I've never had experience with those pads....are they refurbished?????If so it's a test of luck. Anyways you could mod them.
mazda
Trick Member
Trick Member

1775. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. i haven't been on here for a long time now but i want to try playing ddr a little bit again. i've decided to get an ems usb converter and a pad. i have gone through a topway and a konami pad but wanted to try one of these newer ones (all the different brands seem to have foam inserts and whatnot). so what's a good deal for less than about $50?
i've also read that taking out the foam and putting in particle board is a good mod. is this true? sorry for sounding such a noob. i just haven't been here or played ddr for a while.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1776. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as most of the regular posters in this thread know i sent BNS an email concerning their pads. If it is out of warranty they say you can get a discounted pad if you give your invoice number????hmmm

Me:
Quote:
Gentleman:

I purcahsed a Bns Dx pad from you about four months ago.I have been very happy with it and i haven't had any problems.My pad doesn't have "dx-extreme"on the lower right hand corner of the pad.But recently with your newer Dx's there has been some talk and many customers of yours have had trouble with their pads. The raised arrows drift within hours of playing.Someone opened up their pad and said that the only thing holding the inserts was glue.

I would like to say this doesn't work and i was wondering what we can to do go about replacing are pad..even if it's out of warranty. And to make a request please make them the old way.

Thank you for your time

J.S.L

Them:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

We can sell you DX pads but we can not guarantee the older versions. It is discount if you can prove you are one of our existing customers. Please provide you invoice number so that we can send you a link to purchase the DX pads.

Customer Service,

KP

In otherwards they tried to avoid my question....oh well i tried if you would like to complain anyone the email is info@buynshop.com

Mazda,if you want a pad to mod under 50 bucks get an ignition style pad off ebay then use Rychan's particle board mod. What difficulty and footers do you use?
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

1777. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Forgot to lock this, since ALL Soft Pad Threads no longer go HERE. E10.gif

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89
Page 89 of 89

Jump to: