Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ALL Soft Pad Discussion goes HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1740. PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Frustrated Reply with quote

altosven wrote:
I have two pads. I have a $20 Naki which is ripped up on the surface and the bottom (bottom because it was duct taped to the floor...which was probably a bad idea) I can't really use it because of all the rips and it slides on concrete floor. I don't really like it much because it can't keep up with me on the really difficult songs.

I also have an official Konami pad which I loved cause it didn't slip at all and was responsive....after a few motnhs of playing, it's not so responsive and I can barely finish songs with it. It's fried or if the foam inside is stretched out, I'm afraid trying to fix it would just ruining it.

Regretfully, I think I'm going to buy another soft pad...but I was wondering what everyone here thinks. The most I'd want to spend is about $45 and I liked the Konami style...non-slipping is a god selling point.

So, what should I do? What should I buy? Where should I but it from? Thanks!

bnsdx is 50........... it's pretty good or if you want cheaper pads check ebay.

Alpha, there is a way actually get new foam check ddr pad fix site
Charly
Basic Member
Basic Member

1741. PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- - ALPHA - - wrote:
Is there any way to repair the pad if the conductors between the insulating foam layer become worn? I think that happened to my last bundled (Max 2) pad.

yeah there is a way, but it ain't that easy.... erm.gif
check the links on my sig, both are the same thing...
some people have encountered problems with the ".tk" address.
View users profile Send private message
FTG_William Howard Taft
Trick Member
Trick Member

1742. PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: I Feel So Dumb Reply with quote

I feel so dumb...what does bnsdx stand for? And could you tell me a bit about it?

I'm sorry, but outside of Madcatz, Naki, Konami, Pelican, and Cobalt Flux, I have no idea about what home pads are out there and what their quality is like.
There is nothing so despicable as a secret society that is based upon religious prejudice and that will attempt to defeat a man because of his religious beliefs. Such a society is like a cockroach -- it thrives in the dark. So do those who combine for such an end.

DDRecall
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1743. PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I Feel So Dumb Reply with quote

altosven wrote:
I feel so dumb...what does bnsdx stand for? And could you tell me a bit about it?

I'm sorry, but outside of Madcatz, Naki, Konami, Pelican, and Cobalt Flux, I have no idea about what home pads are out there and what their quality is like.

Buynshop Deluxe Extreme...www.buynshop.com

It is like The Redoctane ignition(raised arrows,thick insert) Though nicer and only have the price. Check it out it's pretty good.
superduperblake
Trick Member
Trick Member

1744. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone seem to have Ignition problems? I have owned 3 (Good thing for getting a warranty at EB. ) All of them their down arrows have broke, and the newest one I have is starting to have the down arrow do ghost steps, and it has massive rips all over it I guess from playing Max300...or somthing. But with this said, I don't recommend getting an ignition unless you are very nice to it and not a heavy player. Anyone else have ignition problems?
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1745. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes for that reason i can't stand Redoctane Pads.

They are terrible and not very durable. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. Go with the BNS DX instead...such a better,cheaper choice.
Emporer Z
Trick Member
Trick Member

1746. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's about right. Ignitions basically suck for Heavy mode. They rip, they tear and they sometimes go flying. $99 for a beefed up Wal-mart pad. disturb.gif

I am a heavy mode player, so I just use mine to work on my PA in standard and light mode. E13.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

1747. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrwannabbe123,

Have you had your pad for a really long time? I think this may be a problem with the newer pads. If you skim the last 400 posts or so (10 pages of posts) you will find post after post about the BNS DX pads shifting arrow inserts. I bought a BNS DX II pad based on the recommendations here and was appalled when my inserts started shifting and I found no way to move them back. Once I figured out I could move them back with 15 minutes of finagling after every play session, I didn't feel any better.

I have already cut the pad open and I'm preparing to mod it now. There's glue on every surface, and it's not fun to work with. Right now my plan is to anchor the inserts to the side seam and hopefully that will leave me with a fun and playable pad.

In any case you shouldn't glowingly review something which people have so many problems with. IMO we should update the first page with potential problems of the pads, but no one listens or cares enough to do it.

Just my $.02
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1748. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalK wrote:
ddrwannabbe123,

Have you had your pad for a really long time? I think this may be a problem with the newer pads. If you skim the last 400 posts or so (10 pages of posts) you will find post after post about the BNS DX pads shifting arrow inserts. I bought a BNS DX II pad based on the recommendations here and was appalled when my inserts started shifting and I found no way to move them back. Once I figured out I could move them back with 15 minutes of finagling after every play session, I didn't feel any better.

I have already cut the pad open and I'm preparing to mod it now. There's glue on every surface, and it's not fun to work with. Right now my plan is to anchor the inserts to the side seam and hopefully that will leave me with a fun and playable pad.

In any case you shouldn't glowingly review something which people have so many problems with. IMO we should update the first page with potential problems of the pads, but no one listens or cares enough to do it.

Just my $.02

I've had my pad for a little more than 4 months...so not too long and it hasn't had that trouble through heavy usage and 7-9 footers a lot.....Maybe it's just me or something because i'm not heavy footed or anything. But i do know that they changed the look of the pad but i don't know anything else. I would email or call BNS and ask about it...who knows they might send you a new pad.Does the pad get stomped on or anything? What difficulty and footers do you play? How often? These are some questions that should be taken into consideration. Sorry to hear about pad troubles. For more questions.. Post or PM me. I'm only here to help.
pooface
Trick Member
Trick Member

1749. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my local Fry's. they have this Ignition look-a-like thats called something like Proffesional soft dance pad. Does anyone know if this is good as redoctane or BNS? BTW, the Fry's location is the one at Gwinett Place Mall in GA.
xpacmanx
Trick Member
Trick Member

1750. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

What is the chairmat mod?
if u dont mind me asking
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1751. PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

xpacmanx wrote:
What is the chairmat mod?
if u dont mind me asking
The chairmat mod is when you take a cut to size chairmat and you put it in with the insert in an ignition/dx style pad.

Or another version of it is tape it to the bottom of a pad for non slip.

Hope that was a good answer.

pooface said

Quote:
At my local Fry's. they have this Ignition look-a-like thats called something like Proffesional soft dance pad. Does anyone know if this is good as redoctane or BNS? BTW, the Fry's location is the one at Gwinett Place Mall in GA.

This is probably just an ebay pad or another copy.....these usually aren't as reliable or well manufactured as the BNS and RO....
SalK
Basic Member
Basic Member

1752. PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrwannabbe123 wrote:
I've had my pad for a little more than 4 months...so not too long and it hasn't had that trouble through heavy usage and 7-9 footers a lot.....Maybe it's just me or something because i'm not heavy footed or anything. But i do know that they changed the look of the pad but i don't know anything else. I would email or call BNS and ask about it...who knows they might send you a new pad.Does the pad get stomped on or anything? What difficulty and footers do you play? How often? These are some questions that should be taken into consideration. Sorry to hear about pad troubles. For more questions.. Post or PM me. I'm only here to help.

I'm not blaming you, you had a good experience with your BNS pad, but I think the newer pads (maybe the last 3 months or so) have this problem. I knew about the problem before I bought the pad, but I can only read so far back in this huge thread, and because everyone else said good things about them I figured it was just isolated cases. Since I bought the pad I have noticed others posting the exact same problem as well.

This is a long post but anyone who owns or is interested in a BNS DX pad should read it.

I weigh about 150 so it's not like the pad should be super-stessed out. I do play 8-9 footers and I have noticed that the inserts slip around only after at least an hour of play. But as I said earlier and can be seen by previous posts, I am not the only person with this problem.

I contacted BNS before and I could have exchanged the pad, but there's no point because the design of the pad makes this an inherent problem.

When you cut the pad open, it's easy to see why the inserts slide. They are not attached to anything! They are held to the top layer by a sticky glue. It's sort of like rubber cement before it dries except this stuff is always liquidy, it doesn't harden. They are not anchored below because there is a layer of cotton between the inserts and the plastic "electronics" layer. I believe the cotton is there to prevent the inserts from ripping into the electronics (which is a good thing). The inserts do not stay anchored to the top layer because it is a little too large for the pad and the slack makes it slide around and bunch up when you play. Anchoring the pad down does not help because the top layer itself stretches and will bunch up on its own. Also I think the heat from playing causes the glue to weaken. It's a lot harder to move the inserts around if you don't do it right after playing.

I just finished modding my pad and I'll see if I can get a long play session in tonight. I got some leather-working thread, which is really strong, and sewed the inserts to the side seam. At first I was going to sew through all the layers, but then I realized that if there is no give at all, the inner electronics layers will probably rip. The side seam should be strong enough to stand up to the force involved. I tried safety pins already and they came apart because the inserts REALLY want to move.

I just sent BNS an email and hopefully they'll get back to me. I'll post their response here.
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1753. PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your pad troubles and am also sorry that they changed the design of the pad E19.gif.
Anyways for help try glue if the sewing didn't work(though i think it will work)I haven't hear a problem as bad as this with BNS pads.
It's a shame because i was gonna order another one but i guess it wouldn't be as good as my first. disgust.gif
kaytea
Basic Member
Basic Member

1754. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there all you crazy pad-gurus out there...

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on storing my soft pad (it's only a madcatz thing, but I can barely pass songs on light so it should last me a while...). I don't have a lot of space to lay it out flat, and I heard that folding is a bad idea. My parents will probably start yelling at me if I don't put it away soon (lol, my dad just came up and stepped on it with his sandals on so I told him to get off so he told me to put it away, and I pointed out what i was doing at that exact moment...).

Anyway, your help is much appreciated, thanks guys!
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1755. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaytea wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on storing my soft pad (it's only a madcatz thing, but I can barely pass songs on light so it should last me a while...). I don't have a lot of space to lay it out flat, and I heard that folding is a bad idea. My parents will probably start yelling at me if I don't put it away soon (lol, my dad just came up and stepped on it with his sandals on so I told him to get off so he told me to put it away, and I pointed out what i was doing at that exact moment...).

you can fold it but make sure it isn't folding the wires in awkward positions..
digifork
Trick Member
Trick Member

1756. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superduperblake wrote:
Does anyone seem to have Ignition problems? I have owned 3 (Good thing for getting a warranty at EB. ) All of them their down arrows have broke, and the newest one I have is starting to have the down arrow do ghost steps, and it has massive rips all over it I guess from playing Max300...or somthing. But with this said, I don't recommend getting an ignition unless you are very nice to it and not a heavy player. Anyone else have ignition problems?

I never had problems with ghost steps, stuck arrows, or unresponsiveness with my Ignition pads, but I have had a problem with them ripping.

Red Octane wrote:
Always stay in position on the pad with the raised, reinforced buttons

It seems that this feature specifically has caused my problems. The rips on the pad always occur at the edges of the raised sections. I also purchased the EB warranties and it has saved me some $$$ when it comes to these pads. They are good pads, but ALWAYS buy the warranty if you play on heavy.

As for the BNS pad, I don't like the shiny grippy surface they use. In addition, the pads dimentions are bigger than the arcade pad, which is no good for those who play in the arcades.
xpacmanx
Trick Member
Trick Member

1757. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this kickass mod site

http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/softpadmod/#_Toc71480697

check it out..im gonna go try building it tommorow
xpacmanx
Trick Member
Trick Member

1758. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaytea wrote:

store it under something where it wont get squished..mines right by my couch so i put it under.. and it remains untouched:D
tist006
Trick Member
Trick Member

1759. PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a question can u do mods like the one u just posted with pads with 1 inch thick foam pads or no.. also.. why is it 24 dollar for a piece of wood in that mod lol.. its so small
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 88 of 89

Jump to: