Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ALL Soft Pad Discussion goes HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomSegaFanboy
Trick Member
Trick Member

1720. PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an RO Ignition Pad, and the X/A button stopped working. FORTUNATELY, I just got it (for my B-Day), so no worries! E4.gif

Yikes, my signature needed edits.

Rangercast
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1721. PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZealousDemon wrote:
(pinky) wrote:
ok umm i have a RO ignition pad. i got it a/b 2 months ago and now the down pad is screwing up. its goes off sometimes when its not suypposed to and it sometimes just doesnt go off at all. somtimes when i press it itll act like its goin off like a bajiliojn tmes and gos off as rappidly as it can. sometimes it will go off early and sometimes late. does any 1 know what might be wrong / what i can do?

http://www.ddr-pad-fix.tk/

Yes, you probably could find the answer there but the most probable problem you have is sticking butttons....That's when the holes in the foam become bigger,stretch out, or rip. But for future reference get the BNS DX ......It serves up the Red Octane ignition.
DeathDefier
Trick Member
Trick Member

1722. PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://store.imarketcity.com/plpsdarefode.html can anyone tell me if this pad is any good cause i ordered it and its coming today its 30 dollars with the shipping
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1723. PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathDefier wrote:
http://store.imarketcity.com/plpsdarefode.html can anyone tell me if this pad is any good cause i ordered it and its coming today its 30 dollars with the shipping

Umm as i can see it is a cheap play off of an ignition/DX.

I would say mod it with the plywood or chairmat mod.
DeathDefier
Trick Member
Trick Member

1724. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have plywood modded some other pads but if i plywooded this 1 would i put the foam inserts in or out of the pad with the plywood and wats a chairmat mod

Last edited by DeathDefier on Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DeathDefier
Trick Member
Trick Member

1725. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops ment to hit edit
animate~
Trick Member
Trick Member

1726. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8134045469&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I just ordered that pad. Can anyone tell me more info about it?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DJ_Ax3l
Trick Member
Trick Member

1727. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy a X-Box and i need 2 pads,i found this one http://www.shopddr.com/dadareddruln.html
Can u give your opinion about this pad?
And,i don't to pay 300$ for 2 metal pads... so... riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1728. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone a good way to keep a dance pad from moving around in carpet? I have my dance pad on a peg board, but it moves alot when I play hard songs.

Thanks
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
animate~
Trick Member
Trick Member

1729. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_samourai wrote:
I will buy a X-Box and i need 2 pads,i found this one http://www.shopddr.com/dadareddruln.html

Seems like a durable pad to me. Too bad the Xbox ddr sucks E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Onigumo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1730. PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but I dont have time to read through 100 pages if somebody has asked these questions.

RedOctane(or whatever) Ignition 2.0 pad

how well does this work on carpet?
are these boys worth $100(I do NOT want to mod any pad so dont answer with that)
will it work good on 8/9 footers(over long period of time)?
anybody have bad experiances with them?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ_Ax3l
Trick Member
Trick Member

1731. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrnnc wrote:
the_samourai wrote:

Seems like a durable pad to me. Too bad the Xbox ddr sucks E15.gif

thank you, and...maybe ddr ultramix sucks for u,but i just wanna buy ultramix 2...it will be the greatest ddr game i'v played^^
Trick Member
Trick Member

1732. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a DX extreme soft bad from BNS and it's kinda messed up. The foam covering the sencor moved. Is there any way that I can move the foam without actually cutting into the pad? I need to know if I need to or not.
Warning points: 2

Worst. Start. Ever.
sfdldude
Trick Member
Trick Member

1733. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you guys reccomend for "sliding material"?

I just bought some soft pads and am planning to mod them by taping them down onto a non-slip rug... however i would think it would be best to have some kind of covering over the top, too, for sliding... so i don't tear up the pads... or to make it easier...

At home, I had my pads modded onto plywood, with a (soft) plastic covering... there were these huge bags from my basement, but i don't know where i would be able to buy or obtain something like that. Right now i'm away at college... the only "big" store remotely close to here is a wal-mart and a BJ's...

What do you guys reccomend for a covering? I could buy something online, but i'd rather just find some kind of cheap material to do the trick...

... or should i not cover it at all, and i'll be fine?

Thanks fr any help, in advance.

-- alan j
View users profile Send private message
animate~
Trick Member
Trick Member

1734. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just bought a new pad. Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8134045469&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Can ANYONE tell me what pad that is? It resembles the Ignition 2.0, but its sort of different. Please help me out herre!!!!!!!!
polo_prep
Basic Member
Basic Member

1735. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: I have one of the supposed cheapo matts, which it is,lol Reply with quote

Mine cost a mere 30 dollars and its staring to crack in the middle where i fold it up cause i have to store it away when I dont use it. I heard there were plastic covers for the cheap matts, is this true and how much do they cost, thanks
ddrwannabbe123
Trick Member
Trick Member

1736. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I have one of the supposed cheapo matts, which it is,lol Reply with quote

polo_prep wrote:
Mine cost a mere 30 dollars and its staring to crack in the middle where i fold it up cause i have to store it away when I dont use it. I heard there were plastic covers for the cheap matts, is this true and how much do they cost, thanks

$15 bucks at http://www.redoctane.com/ddrgamecover.html
or contact paper at walmart
ddrnnc said:
Ive just bought a new pad. Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8134045469&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Can ANYONE tell me what pad that is? It resembles the Ignition 2.0, but its sort of different. Please help me out herre!!!!!!!!

Well a lot of people have asked this question......... about play off's of ignition?dx pads..... The truth is the insert isn't as good as let's say a BNS DX or redoctane ignition....Though is still fairly good...i'd say check teh mods on the first page of this thread.

Same for Deathdefier......but for him the chairmat mod is when you cut a chairmat to size and put inside the pad.

MES8420, i would say get a chairmat or sticky tape or something.......like take double sided tape.....sorry i can't seem to help much there.

Onigumo...., i would say that the Redoctane is fairly good but i would suggest the BNS DX instead.

D.D.aRRR.Pirate., You could try to massage it back in place when you unzip the pad....or if it's in warranty send it back...otherwise go to http://www.ddr-pad-fix.tk/ for a guide.

sfdldude...,welll hmmmmm just look at the walmart for bags or something....plexiglass(that plastic stuff) if you get a REALLY thin sheet might work.. If you don't mind having it stuck to your pad like the real pad covers get clear CONTACT PAPER. that would work great. Because the contact paper is kinda like this http://www.redoctane.com/ddrgamecover.html

Good luck to all....happy DDRing.
FTG_William Howard Taft
Trick Member
Trick Member

1737. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Frustrated Reply with quote

I have two pads. I have a $20 Naki which is ripped up on the surface and the bottom (bottom because it was duct taped to the floor...which was probably a bad idea) I can't really use it because of all the rips and it slides on concrete floor. I don't really like it much because it can't keep up with me on the really difficult songs.

I also have an official Konami pad which I loved cause it didn't slip at all and was responsive....after a few motnhs of playing, it's not so responsive and I can barely finish songs with it. It's fried or if the foam inside is stretched out, I'm afraid trying to fix it would just ruining it.

Regretfully, I think I'm going to buy another soft pad...but I was wondering what everyone here thinks. The most I'd want to spend is about $45 and I liked the Konami style...non-slipping is a god selling point.

So, what should I do? What should I buy? Where should I but it from? Thanks!
There is nothing so despicable as a secret society that is based upon religious prejudice and that will attempt to defeat a man because of his religious beliefs. Such a society is like a cockroach -- it thrives in the dark. So do those who combine for such an end.

DDRecall
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Onigumo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1738. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmoMemory wrote:
I just got a Dual Platform Ignition 2.0, and it just doesn't seem as good as it should be! I'm missing steps for no reason...I think when I step in the center it triggers the down arrow. However, I can't really be sure, because the only game I have to test at the moment is the original PS DDR, and I never was able to play on 30 fps. As soon as I get my copy of MAX2 back, I'll be able to make sure....

Also, my pad came with this mysterious cable with absolutely no explanation whatsoever. One end looks kind of like a headphone plug, and the other end just has a hole in it, presumably to plug something else into there. Anyone know what this plug does?

xbox cable probably
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

1739. PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to repair the pad if the conductors between the insulating foam layer become worn? I think that happened to my last bundled (Max 2) pad.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: