Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

1440. PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weston wrote:
I can't figure out what some of these codes mean for Pump It Up NX/NX2 and there are no descriptions I can find. Maybe someone can better explain them?

Exceed Mode
NX Mode
Under Attack
Drop
Flash

Exceed mode: Arrows go from the lower corner OPPOSITE your target arrows. If two players are playing, your arrows cross in an X pattern. Was changed to X mode in NX2.
NX mode: Similar to Space in ITG. Exactly like the start of a Star Wars movie.
Under Attack: Reverse scroll, flipped targets (your lower left target is your second player back right target arrow). UA is difficult.
Drop: Reverse (note that red arrows point down and blue arrows point up now).
Flash: Equates to ITG Blink. Arrows fade in and out as they scroll up.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1441. PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat... I'll have to test a couple of these out. Thanks!
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1442. PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played Pump It Up for the first time ever today. I figured since I'm pretty good at DDR, I should at least be able to pass something easy.

NOPE! It was epic fail for me. T_T Most of the time I wasn't even hitting buttons.

I kind of want to play more so, if nothing else, I won't be an embarassment while playing. But since the machine is ~1 hour away, I probably won't.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

1443. PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, playing Pump after a long time of playing DDR can be jarring. The initial stumbling block for transition is just the difference in the pad layout. It feels awkward hitting the corners and center at first.

It just takes practice.

After a while, Pump's movements get to be a lot smoother than DDR.
Also Pump doubles is *GENERALLY* superior to DDR/ITG, thanks to pad transitioning being easier.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member

1444. PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I played Pump, I was driven literally to tears of frustration from not being able to hit the right arrows. xD;;

I play both DDR and PIU now, and while I can't get much farther than an 11 currently, I practiced nearly all summer to gain that much...but it was mainly on Exceed (home version) with the absolutely crappy plastic pad, so I go to the arcade to train now. I really enjoy turning and crossing with the arrows, and none of the other players I know like to.

So how is Exceed 2 (the only version we have here) compared to other machines? I hear a lot about NX2, it being new and all.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
thejaw
Basic Member
Basic Member

1445. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the mcdonalds by my house theres a pump it up exceed.. pretty bad machine, broken literally more than its working, and its by a window, so the sun shines on it and the screen is dim. and its in the playplace, so theres always kids stomping on it pretending to play. anyway.... how do i do the song options on it, like 2x, colored arrows, etc.?
View users profile Send private message
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

1446. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be what you need:

http://www.ph-online.net/html/ph_codes_new.html
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
thejaw
Basic Member
Basic Member

1447. PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok thanks!
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73
Page 73 of 73

Jump to: