Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

1400. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or worse, perfect collection.

Or even worse, OBG.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1401. PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... there was never a single mix where you picked the number of players. Even on OBG, you picked a difficulty first if I remember correctly.

Is this person playing a Stepmania mod? Pro doesn't make you select players if I remember correctly, so I think that's also not what this person is playing...
Trick Member
Trick Member

1402. PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I went and played Zero for a couple hours saturday, and i got back into the swing of things faster than I expected, and I can play most cz 12s and 13s now. didn't try anything above that though.

Anybody have song recommendations for getting used to hands(I'm used to 4 panel where it's easy to cheat them) and just songs that will help bridge me over into the more difficult range of songs like canon-d(might pass this week i dunno)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

1403. PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a triple involving the 5 or center panel (153 759 157 359 159 and 357) use one foot to hit one panel then the other foot across a bracket to hit the other two.

Example: when a 153 triple comes up, my left foot hits the 1 panel, and my right foot centers over the bracket between the 5 and 3, and drives down to hit both panels at once.

The only time you need to use your hands on a triple is if it's on the corners.

You're at the point where the game starts getting really fun to play, just work your way up into some of the harder stuff like Beat of the War 2 and even something like Love is a Danger Zone 2 Another Hard.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1404. PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a DX or SD cab, that's REALLY hard to do. On our DX NX, i usually just do 1 jump then quickly hit the 3rd arrow. i usually get a great or good, but thats alright. assuming the cab is SX or GX, you should be fine as long as the pads are good. Might still be kinda hard if your foot size is less than 10 tho.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

1405. PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know of a score tracker that's out for PIU? I always have trouble remembering which scores i have that are better etc if i just make a folder of pictures.
gamingsage
Basic Member
Basic Member

1406. PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBFF aka The Pier finally got NX2. It's in the back. Couldn't stop playin Crying Nut. That song is the poopy.
View users profile Send private message
RapidFireAl
Trick Member
Trick Member

1407. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy fellas,

I was thinking about picking up the PIU pad + game bundle for the PS2. Have any of you played out? How well does the pad work? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1408. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamingsage wrote:
RBFF aka The Pier finally got NX2. It's in the back. Couldn't stop playin Crying Nut. That song is the poopy.

Which song? Astral Song or Circus Magic? (Crying Nut is the band name) I like both songs. E1.gif

To the poster above me... the PS2 version is decent (the unlock version is a pain, so you might want to just download a save for it). The pad is kind of meh, but it'll last if you take care of it. It's a little thicker than those old official DDR 3rd Mix mats for the PSX, but thinner than the ones that came with the PIU PC version (but you can't find those anymore). I still recommend getting that combo, since it's better than nothing for practicing PIU.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1409. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valius wrote:
gamingsage wrote:

To the poster above me... the PS2 version is decent (the unlock version is a pain, so you might want to just download a save for it). The pad is kind of meh, but it'll last if you take care of it. It's a little thicker than those old official DDR 3rd Mix mats for the PSX, but thinner than the ones that came with the PIU PC version (but you can't find those anymore). I still recommend getting that combo, since it's better than nothing for practicing PIU.

Thanks! By the by, is there more than one version for the PS2? I've found a few different packages on Amazon and want to know which one is best.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1410. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that is Exceed and the pad bundle, so...

http://www.amazon.com/Mastiff-Games-Pump-Dance-Pad/dp/B000B7FTD0/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1203361884&sr=8-4

or

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PS2-Exceed-Dance-Bundle/dp/B000PNAO4O/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203361884&sr=8-7

Make sure it has the pad!

Also, with a USB adapter and a program, you can make the pad work with the PC versions, so you have access to more songs.
Basic Member
Basic Member

1411. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about the new version, Astral Song. The steps are WAY more hard than the older version song's steps. End killed me on NM =(. SUre was fun though.
View users profile Send private message
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1412. PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamingsage wrote:
I was talking about the new version, Astral Song. The steps are WAY more hard than the older version song's steps. End killed me on NM =(. SUre was fun though.

Oh man, that the ending's last five steps E10.gif I think the song's awesome, and the NM chart actually looks fun (that's quite a lot of leg spreading).
Basic Member
Basic Member

1413. PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
gasm wrote:
Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
According to yyr57695's walkthrough at GameFAQS, it says:

Edit Mode supports custom soundtracks, so you can create Pump steps to ANY song you can put on your Xbox!!

One problem: I can only edit songs on the PIU game itself and I can't figure out how to use Edit Mode on the songs on my hard drive. Help please!

I still would like to know what the deal is, please. Thanks.

So, I've kinda waited, like, a couple months for this question to be answered. E1.gif

That's because I haven't been around.

When you go to select a song, it should start on the Banya channel. Sort through to K-pop and pop and then you should come to songs on your harddrive.

If not, just post, and I will look for my PIU disc and check it out for myself. I haven't used it in like 3 months, but I think that is how its done.

Still didn't work. :/ I went into Step Editor mode then I went through Banya, K-POP, and POP.
I found none of my songs and even checked to see if I had any songs and I do. Do I have to
play this specifically on Xbox and not Xbox 360? If so, that's just royally stupid because I don't
like the Xbox, nor do I have one. frown.gif

Four months later and I still don't have a response to my post. However, I'm patient and am willing to wait for three years if I have to. Take your time. E1.gif

I <3 Selphie! <(^o^)>

MySpace - Nario
View users profile Send private message Send email
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1414. PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to help, but I don't have the XBox version frown.gif

However, have you tried posting the question in ph-online.net or some other PIU site? You're more likely to get better answers there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1415. PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say that it's probably an Xbox-exclusive benefit. Just seems like something that backwards compatibility would cause issues with to me.

The regular XB isn't that bad... (I got that version for unfulfilled promises of DLC, and was left sorely disappointed.)

It's got a few great games that aren't backwards compatible, so I'll always keep mine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1416. PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lookin for some more song suggestions. I played BOTW2 and LIADZ2 Hard Another, and they weren't too difficult but I had trouble with liadz2 b/c the pad had trouble with the hand freeze in the middle.

I tried a bunch of random 13s and 14s saturday and passed all of them with As. Even tried Canon-D and got a good ways through it, just wasnt warmed up and my legs froze up
frzamonkey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1417. PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daytona Lagoon in Daytona beach has PIU Pro.

come play it, dangit!

:)
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

1418. PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I'm still n00b at this game. This is my 3rd week of playing? I'm starting to learn the cross overs and stuff

Chung gdsajgsam soemthing

Com' Back I think is the name of this song

Deja Vu

Do it something (The ska song)

Finally FCed Dragon (think it's enter the dragon)

Fiesta

GO!

Mexi Mexi

Gettin' there. Did some new skull songs too! C the first time, B the second, I'll try to go for it again tomorrow, I really don't know the name though... Finally did my first set of all Skull songs too! And managed to get bonus E1.gif

The 1 Miss on Com' and 2 Bads on Fiesta were pad crap

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1419. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung gdsajgsam soemthing = Chung Hwa Ban Jeom (or just call it Chinese Restaurant)

Do it something (The ska song) = Do It Yourself

Keep on trucking E1.gif When you feel comfortable enough with crossovers, try a tough test of crossovers in either Moonlight or Pump Me Amadeus on Hard Mode. (Those twists and M-runs are hard frown.gif )

Last edited by valius on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 71 of 73

Jump to: