Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71, 72, 73  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clockwise.
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that adds to the challenge. you have to listen to the music a bit more to relate it to the song.
Basic Member
Basic Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

and right when I thought I would have to beg my job 4 one... disgust.gif the head manager of Syracuse's Kahunaville told me to start spreading the word of a possible PIU tournament happening in 1.5-2 months time. E4.gif YES!!! So I'm throwing the idea 'round the table. E7.gif <For those who don't know, it would be on the Perfect Collection version... untranslated blink.gif > I'll notify everyone once (hopefully) this is finalized; the head manager of the Syracuse KV has to go through the head manager of all the KV arcades in this country... here's hoping it'll work!
Mark Scott
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also having a tourny soon, and because it's not an arcade tourny, the prizes look pretty good for a change. I just hope to get good enough to compete before then, my threshold seems to be level 9 hard mode songs right now
Yaow
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif jesus, we just got a pump it up in our town and ive been trying my buttocks off at it for like a month and im still have a hard time doing the damn thing. im still used to ddr(we dont have a ddr here, go figure) so im over here stepping in the wrong place and i dont ever think i will get it, but who cares that beethovens virus or whatever is one of the better songs ive heard. could play that all day long................ riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
tora
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARANOIA MASTER wrote:
drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif jesus, we just got a pump it up in our town and ive been trying my buttocks off at it for like a month and im still have a hard time doing the damn thing. im still used to ddr(we dont have a ddr here, go figure) so im over here stepping in the wrong place and i dont ever think i will get it, but who cares that beethovens virus or whatever is one of the better songs ive heard. could play that all day long................ riiight.gif

Yes, I agree that for people who have been playing DDR for a while think PIU is a challenge at first. Funny thing, I only played once:lol:.

All I have to say is, if you can do DDR SOLO Mode well, PIU should be a breeze...

La~
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like PIU, but I think that the number of songs that I like are a little low. And sometimes it's not the song I don't like, it's the backgrounds I DESPISE! Some look downright odd or borderline creepy. But BV, Lazenca, and a couple others are cool, but I can barely pass BV on hard, so I'm not that good at it.
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy." - Psalm 30:11

XBL GamerTag: PenguinMan26
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Mark Scott
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the back ground movies in PUI, some of them tell a story along with the music. The biggest difference i noticed is that the timing in Pui is wayyy to lenient.It's like you get a perfect or a miss, nonthing inbetween. Alomst anything i can fc i can pass with all perfects. If ddr was like that, i could get like 4 greats on Max 300 laugh.gif
Yaow
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I think that the number of songs that I like are a little low

i agree, there is like only 4 or 5 songs on there that i actually like. but there are countless songs on ddr i love. but still im getting better, had a crowd of literally 30 people clap after i got done with that one song ::cant think of whats it called:: the one with the anime geisha girl for the logo of the song, hmmm oh well and i played some turkey song, gawd that was insane. all of the arrows look like they are crammed together and ur just like ummmmmmm drool.gif drool.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
K'
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Run to You on crazy.Easy song for crazy,but at the end,where you jump on the back two arrows five times in a row while the guy yells 'BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE!',the last jump involves hitting the back two buttons AND the middle one,at the same time.That's right,you have to bend down and hit that middle button with your hand as you jump,or bend one leg so your knee hits the middle while your foot hits the back button.That's the first time I've been required to hit 3 buttons at once.That didn't seem so bad,because it fit in with the music.But later on,I was playing doubles.I think I was playing Oh Rosa!,whenever,once again,it required me to hit three buttons.The left two buttons on the right side and the middle button on the right side.However,this was in the middle of an insane eighth-note run.These buttons were totally out of place and unexpected,and I barely regained my composure after seeing it.

Someone mentioned that they hate the fact that the buttons don't change color when you step offbeat,like in DDR.This is very confusing,but if you get into the PIU 'mood',you'll just know when to hit those buttons anyway.One thing I noticed DDR has has PIU doesn't,is tempo changes.The majority of PIU music stays the same throughtout the whole song.A few do have tempo changes,but most don't.

Anyway,I started on Pump it Up before I played DDR.PIU is much more challenging and the doubles are much more fun.
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i was like what the hell? i was playing a song and it was like 3 things at once, so i just reached down and slapped the middle sign with my hand. jeez its still hard to figure out what to do when some signs come up though, i just got to practice!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif
PenguinMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't think that PIU required more than two steps at once. I saw a couple guys playing in a mall a little while ago. I think they were playing Starian, and the very last note had them had all 4 corner arrows. Crazy.
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy." - Psalm 30:11

XBL GamerTag: PenguinMan26
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
sb.optics
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay lol for the triple arrows you dont have to hit them with your hand... lol hit two with one foot and the other with the other foot. for example a left-diag/center/right-diag ---- hit the left and center with your left foot by placing the center of your foot in between them and hitting both... see not to hard.

and i love pump strictly because it was designed for freestyle and boy do i love freestyle
oh another thing Pump invented freeze arrows and DDR bit them off. but hey i like DDR too, but it doesnt have not nearly as much freestyle potential as Pump.
oh and the songs are dope alot of hip-hop shizzo. YAHOO
K'
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,your version must be way different than mine.On our pad,you'd have to have a size 27 foot to hit two buttons ot once.Our pump doesn't have freeze arrows either.
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K' wrote:
Wow,your version must be way different than mine.On our pad,you'd have to have a size 27 foot to hit two buttons ot once.Our pump doesn't have freeze arrows either.

lol no my friend has like size 7 mens (small korean guy-- awesome at pump hip-hop style) anywho... he still pulls it off! we might be thinking about a different set of triples. YOURS DOESN'T HAVE FREEZE ARROWS!! hmmm you dont know what ver. it is? i dont know to much about the history about the Pump versions but i am pretty sure the first one didnt have freeze arrows... I COULD BE WRONG. so yeah..........................................................PUMP RULES~~! (^-^)=b
Mark Scott
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the Pui machine that had freeze arrows was extra. If you ever see a prex machine it =premiere+exrta( or so i think). Also i have a fairly large foot(13) so hitting two arrows with one foot is not a problem for me. And you know what they saw about a guy with big feet dont ya? ....... He has to buy a lot of shoe cause of hos big feet and whatnot.
LaikaComeHome
Basic Member
Basic Member

75. PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: w00t Reply with quote

i just played PIU for the first real time tonight and its awesome (not as good as DDR but close) i really liked it - it was a extra plus machine i believe some major advantages to PIU over DDR is the simplicity they cut out all the selecting buttons so what u get is a very nice and large screen and awesome pads and no modifiers to mess with i really liked it even if i can only do 3-4 stars when i can do 8-9 on DDR E1.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sb.optics
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: w00t Reply with quote

LaikaComeHome wrote:
i just played PIU for the first real time tonight and its awesome (not as good as DDR but close) i really liked it - it was a extra plus machine i believe some major advantages to PIU over DDR is the simplicity they cut out all the selecting buttons so what u get is a very nice and large screen and awesome pads and no modifiers to mess with i really liked it even if i can only do 3-4 stars when i can do 8-9 on DDR E1.gif

acually there are mods but you have to hit like a 8 arrow combination to use them.. blagh what ever pump owns@!
Yaow
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of those songs are impossible to do, espically that she likes pizza and turkey march on crazy. and is it me or is the machine really picky on doubles, last night i was doing ferryboat i think on doubles and i missed literally 3 and i failed the stage at the end......im starting to miss ddr more, PIU has a pretty crappy selection of songs but i still like it enough to blow 20 bucks on it everytime i play it. riiight.gif
K'
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we have Pump:The Premiere,for $1.25 a game.That's nuts.I'm still used to DDR's 50 cents a game,until they took it out of our arcade.Namco,you bastards!
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like I said, namco arcades are so lame. they always switch out their best games with crap. Like they switched out a ddr last year for a lameass nascar.(and now thats gone too). But 1.25 for 3 songs??? total ripoff. The place I play PIU here is 1.00 for 3 songs but its the only music game within about an hour of traveling in the entire area. I was having a discussion with my friend about PIU vs DDR, if we put the latest mixes of each game next to each other, which would make more $$$? My money is on the ddr, even though im starting to play PIU more than I used to play DDR when we had one, go figure.................. disgust.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 4 of 73

Jump to: