Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 71, 72, 73  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[symphony]
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is funny, cuz you keep talking about Beatmania... hmm

I haven't played pump too much, the machine in CO is like an hour away and I don't feel like driving that far to play pump. yea BVirus is a fun song on hard, but good on Crazy too. Still haven't passed Mr. Lampus(prolly spelled that wrong)but like I said, don't played much.. doubles PIU is crazy crazy fun.. H.O.T rocks out...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Eva wrote:
it is funny, cuz you keep talking about Beatmania... hmm

I haven't played pump too much, the machine in CO is like an hour away and I don't feel like driving that far to play pump. yea BVirus is a fun song on hard, but good on Crazy too. Still haven't passed Mr. Lampus(prolly spelled that wrong)but like I said, don't played much.. doubles PIU is crazy crazy fun.. H.O.T rocks out...

Yes it is rather amazing. Considering that my point = over your head.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivaldi Amuro wrote:
You know what's funny?

I read this as a OFFICIAL PUMP IT UP THREAD.

PUMP IT UP.

So why do I keep seeing DDR typed more times that Pump has been mentioned?

THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH DDR.

now.. wait.. so talking about DDR isn't good, but Beatmania is ok? I too read this as a Offical Pump It Up Thread.. PIU, nothing to do with BM.. so wait how is this over my head..? I mean this thread has nothing to do with beatmania..
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Eva wrote:
Vivaldi Amuro wrote:
You know what's funny?

I read this as a OFFICIAL PUMP IT UP THREAD.

PUMP IT UP.

So why do I keep seeing DDR typed more times that Pump has been mentioned?

THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH DDR.

now.. wait.. so talking about DDR isn't good, but Beatmania is ok? I too read this as a Offical Pump It Up Thread.. PIU, nothing to do with BM.. so wait how is this over my head..? I mean this thread has nothing to do with beatmania..

Jeez, you dont get it. The fact of the matter is that Pump is always compared to DDR in any PIU convo, not matter what the topic is about. The whole beatmania convo came when someone mentioned the amount of beatmania controller threads or something like that. The thread changed topic for a second or so. That isnt the point. I was trying to state that just because someone is talking about PIU doesnt mean that you should go compare it to ddr. That happens in every pump thread.

Fine, my apologizes for changing the topic a little while back.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are/were saying. I just thought it was somewhat hypocritical of you.. I myself don't like how it is compared to DDR. I can not say that DDR doubles are better than PIU, cuz flat out they aren't. Nothing can beat the 10 panel system of K-pop.. biggrin.gif
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Eva wrote:
I understand what you are/were saying. I just thought it was somewhat hypocritical of you.. I myself don't like how it is compared to DDR. I can not say that DDR doubles are better than PIU, cuz flat out they aren't. Nothing can beat the 10 panel system of K-pop.. biggrin.gif

Pump double is great. Sometimes the steps charts are impractical though.

One I remember it required me to hit the top left arrow on the 1p side and the bottom right arrow on the 2p side :O
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember doing something similar to that, falling and missing the pad. Yea that hurt, got a big bump on my elbow where I landed.. kinda disgusting looking.. Still though biggrin.gif
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you tried. I just stood there and fingered that screen.
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

WARNING! If you play PIU doubles on random you'll see a LOT of goofy patterns like that. <similar flashback; Funky Tonight- 1P Left red & 2P Right red.> Things like that = no. Even worse- Banya's Mu Hon (Solitary) on random double. <shudder> blink.gif I freestyle a lot, but for things like that I might need a 7 foot bo staff laugh.gif
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

EternalPsychoOrochi wrote:
WARNING! If you play PIU doubles on random you'll see a LOT of goofy patterns like that. <similar flashback; Funky Tonight- 1P Left red & 2P Right red.> Things like that = no. Even worse- Banya's Mu Hon (Solitary) on random double. <shudder> blink.gif I freestyle a lot, but for things like that I might need a 7 foot bo staff laugh.gif

Yeah man. PIU, unlike DDR, has Random, which means your in for a real treat if you want to act Superior on double mode, because your going to have to really work for that S. I'm a short guy, so you'll see me nearly doing the splits trying to nail some of those arrows they throw at you.

DDR on the other hand, with it's watered down and more 'fair' shuffle mode, if different, but it's just not, well, RANDOM! I like the idea of random steps better than shuffled ones. If a game wants to randomize a song and give me 10 up arrows PARANOiA Eternal style out of no where at 300 bpm via Max300, then so be it E7.gif!
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:02 am    Post subject: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

Amen! laugh.gif Preach it! E1.gif
PTU64
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody noticed that all of the pads before Priemiere 2 are more like DDR pads(the plexiglass/lucite is alot stiffer), but on the premiere 2 pad the steps are almost cushioned because the pads bend to each step. Anyway, when I think the PIU P2 pads are the best pads I have ever played on. It would be awesome if Konami took the same approach and made some new DDR pads that actually had a good feel to it when you played.

Oh yeah, and the different modes are sweet as hell!! Not only random, but couples and half doubles. Looks hella nicer too, but the 1st player still cant choose a different difficulty from 2nd player.

Later
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

32. PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIU on doubles/random is indeed insane. I failed a level 3 song because I couldn't run around the platform fast enough to do some of the combos it chose for me. Plus the ever-popular P1/UL+P2/DR type of steps which seemed to appear at the worst moments.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
tora
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivaldi Amuro wrote:
Dark Eva wrote:

One I remember it required me to hit the top left arrow on the 1p side and the bottom right arrow on the 2p side :O

Yes, BVirus ((THough I never passed it)) on Doubles require you to double jump around the entire pad (( not going right to left, but moving in the clockwise motion)) I trip and nearly busted my lip on the bar... good thing noone was there when it happen... riiight.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

...I hate that part of BV Double... I decided 2 take a break from trying to beat that n Larpus and started my conquest on Crazy mode tonight. E7.gif Surprised myself- can pass a lot of songs in Crazy (w 2X speed on)... but still can't beat Larpus on hard. devil.gif Hmmm...
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that almost every song on PIU crazy mode needs at least 3x speed. Otherwise it's just unreadable to me. X_X
Administrator
Administrator

36. PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tora Tsukino wrote:
Vivaldi Amuro wrote:
Dark Eva wrote:

Yes, BVirus ((THough I never passed it)) on Doubles require you to double jump around the entire pad (( not going right to left, but moving in the clockwise motion)) I trip and nearly busted my lip on the bar... good thing noone was there when it happen... riiight.gif

That's not nearly as crazy as Another True Heart (Cordialty) Doubles where nearly the entire song is double-jumping around the entire platform laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
EternalPsychoOrochi
Basic Member
Basic Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

AAAAAAAAA!! I know n fear that one! <throws holy cross in front of me>

...and it's SO true-- Slam on Crazy (shudder), now I know what others have said about it. I may as well be buried under the PIU machine we have if I ever pass THAT one! laugh.gif
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Pump It Up Thread Reply with quote

EternalPsychoOrochi wrote:
...and it's SO true-- Slam on Crazy (shudder), now I know what others have said about it. I may as well be buried under the PIU machine we have if I ever pass THAT one! laugh.gif

It's almost scary how hard it is. There is a guy down here in MD who can clear it consistently too. I don't know how he does it but he's just that damn good.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently at one of our local malls, a store that sells mostly hemp related stuff got a premier 2. We already had a perfect and a prex, but this is by far my favorite. I tried Will o the Wisp on crazy....o my God....... but the guy who owns the store was watching me play Turkey march on hard mode, and i think i blew his high. He was like "woo,man you moved fast dudeitwaslikeyourfeetwerefasterthanmyeyessxdfryhh..iam kinda hungry" Bv doubles isn't that bad,just be careful not to hit the screen while doing the jumps.It hurts.A lot
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 2 of 73

Jump to: