Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1420. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung gdsajgsam soemthing = Chung Hwa Ban Jeom (or just call it Chinese Restaurant)

Do it something (The ska song) = Do It Yourself

Keep on trucking E1.gif When you feel comfortable enough with crossovers, try a tough test of crossovers in either Moonlight or Pump Me Amadeus on Hard Mode. (Those twists and M-runs are hard frown.gif )
Trick Member
Trick Member

1421. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops double post.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1422. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed Cannon D with a D!!! On Crazy.

Of course if this was DDR, I'd fail.

ITG, Fail

PIU on last song if fail is on, fail

BUT PIU on 1st or 2nd song, or a machine that has fail off, I pass E1.gif

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1423. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cow Rider! wrote:
I passed Cannon D with a D!!! On Crazy.

Of course if this was DDR, I'd fail.

ITG, Fail

PIU on last song if fail is on, fail

BUT PIU on 1st or 2nd song, or a machine that has fail off, I pass E1.gif

That was quick improvment. Congratulations! E1.gif Even squeaking a D on that boss song is a milestone in a PIU speeding "career."
Trick Member
Trick Member

1424. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friends NX2 upgrade came yesterday so i got to give NX2 a spin. world max is pretty awesome, i only got to play a few missions(i still have to buy a flashdrive), but it's definitely an awesome experience. I look forward to playing more of it.

For some reason, the new content on NX2 doesn't really "wow" me. Yeah the songlist is good and there's plenty of stuff to choose from, but i have yet to be wowed by the new content. Dance all night NM and pumptris crazy were both awesome. I think it will just take a while for the new stuff to settle with me, its sorta like that with all new mixes.

overall, im really enjoying NX2 and look forward to playing world max and digging deeper into the game. Don't think im going to get to till saturday(friggin school), but meh.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1425. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the timing windows for each judgment? I need this so I can edit my stepmania accordingly.
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

1426. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an A on Cannon D (arcade mode Crazy)

But I can't A a song like Slam because of all those damn 3x notes.

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
rolandsanyo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1427. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a B on slam crazy couple of years ago. The hardest song i think i can do now is first love on crazy. biggrin.gif
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

1428. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a hold of a Pump SX machine over the weekend. It's an older boardset that can run stuff up to NX, so I can't put my NX2 in without modification or straight out purchase of a mk.6.

Still, MACHINE!
Basic Member
Basic Member

1429. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm from Brazil... I've been wanting to have someway to play PIU at home for sometime (On PS2 preferably, but it could be on PC too)... I'd like some help, if you guys could help me.

First, I am in a low budget. I live in a third-world country, my job doesn't have the best wage around, plus I am married biggrin.gif. That doesn't mean I wouldn't spend some money on this stuff, I just can't spend a huge amount of money.

I know you can make a PIU pad at home, but I can't find info about this anywhere. Does anyone knows a tutorial or something? I've built an arcade stick out of a PS2 pad, so I guess a PIU mat would be an interesting challenge.

Another option would be buying the oficial Andamiro PIU mat. I can't find it anywhere to import it (And I bet most places wouldn't send it to Rio de Janeiro)... a guy is selling in here in Brazil, but it's extremely ovepriced (Like most gaming stuff is around here):

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-74624499-_JM

This is like US$ 150... while I know those mats weren't more than US$ 40 in the USA. Still I'd buy one, if I knew this thing would last and doesn't go sliding all over the place. Has anyone used this, and can tell me how good is it? I've seen people who had some horrible experiences with some DDR soft-mats.

Thank you guys for your attention.

Edit: I've noticed I posted on this topic a few weeks ago, I didn't evem remember! valius answered me ... thank you for the answer mate E1.gif

Yes, I see PIU machines everywhere here, but I would like to play it at home. Also, every PIU machine around here always have the kids who basically LIVE on the machine (I'm not kidding, I think some of them get on the machine by 10 AM and will leave only when the shop closes... I dunno how they get so much money to keep on playing), so not only it's not easy to get into the machine, also you'll be watched for kids who completely destroy the game, while I am still a newbie on the whole bemani thing.. it makes you feel kinda stupid :$ E1.gif

I also think bulding a homemade PIU mat would be a fun challenge. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
FSX
Trick Member
Trick Member

1430. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Pump. Zero 6-7s, and maybe 8s, Prex3 Hard 4s, and NX 5s.

I like it way more than DDR, but Andamiro never makes home versions.
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

1431. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know where I could find some stepmania compatible official pump simfiles from zero through nx2? I have prex3pc running an nx2 skin but it's pretty crummy software and missing a lot of songs I like. any help if appreciated. thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
babyvoxlover
Trick Member
Trick Member

1432. PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shatterhand.

I dont get why you can't buy a mat off ebay?
Surely they will deliver anywhere? =)
Cost is around $50 including postage.

About your question, the Andamiro mats are 100x better than the Konami ones. They slip less, are more responsive and sturdier.

It's possibel to do crazy songs ont hem without slipping (too much).
For a plastic home mat, you cant get better :-)

Official UK Pump Leader Supporter
Pump It Up & Dancegame site > > > http://www.myspace.com/pumpstreetuk
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Terra (Red)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1433. PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pump It Up NX on WWE RAW last night. XD

Can't quite tell what song/difficultly it is though. XD
eflatmajor
Basic Member
Basic Member

1434. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Pump. I dont understand why people say the songs on DDR are better, Banya songs rock! Its a shame just as i was really getting into it when BOTH the arcades with Pump I could access were closed down and now I cant find any Pump machines anywhere.
lxv
Trick Member
Trick Member

1435. PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eflatmajor wrote:
I love Pump. I dont understand why people say the songs on DDR are better, Banya songs rock! Its a shame just as i was really getting into it when BOTH the arcades with Pump I could access were closed down and now I cant find any Pump machines anywhere.

I like pump it up songs better than ddr songs too, well I just don't like the type of music in ddr at all... well for the most part anyway, some of the things w/out lyrics are ok and a hand full of new songs (saturn is a nice song for example) sucks 4 u though pump should be in more places but I'm glad I'm back in la cause now I have access to a few machines but still no decent nx2 T_T
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

1436. PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i'm thinking of having a tournament in mid-april, but I have never run a pump tournament before, just ddr, and I'm assuming it's a good bit different.

Anyone who has done one before, could oyu hook me up with some rules and a scoring system, etc.

thanks ahead of time

edit: this is on an NX(as of now, might upgrade soon), and I'm planning on doing a Crazy and a Nightmare division, but not a male/female unless there are a good out of people from each gender.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
sonwukong
Basic Member
Basic Member

1437. PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently picked up PIU exeed portable for PSP i cannot for the life of me get the modifiers to work for changing the velocity. im pressing the correct button combination but it ism't working. If anyone know please help me im about to go crazy, can't read the harder songs. T_T
Brace
Trick Member
Trick Member

1438. PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey tenchi I think I might show up to this tournament. You should just do it by machine score and if there are any problems with the pad use a DP system for arbitration like perfect = +2, great = +1, bad = -1 , miss = -2
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

1439. PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out what some of these codes mean for Pump It Up NX/NX2 and there are no descriptions I can find. Maybe someone can better explain them?

Exceed Mode
NX Mode
Under Attack
Drop
Flash
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 72 of 73

Jump to: