Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prowler
Trick Member
Trick Member

1360. PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally play on an Exceed 2 at my local Chuck E. Cheese's, though I'm not very good at PIU. I still fail a few Hard 6's and 7's because I get confused, and yet I was able to pass Solitary and Maria on Crazy today. Following a friend's suggestion, I also gave Turkey March Crazy a go on Bonus Stage, and to my great astonishment I passed it with an A! E4.gif Kinda weird, isn't it?
Basic Member
Basic Member

1361. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
According to yyr57695's walkthrough at GameFAQS, it says:

Edit Mode supports custom soundtracks, so you can create Pump steps to ANY song you can put on your Xbox!!

One problem: I can only edit songs on the PIU game itself and I can't figure out how to use Edit Mode on the songs on my hard drive. Help please!

I still would like to know what the deal is, please. Thanks.

I <3 Selphie! <(^o^)>

MySpace - Nario
View users profile Send private message Send email
Chewphoria
Trick Member
Trick Member

1362. PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized you can put a flash drive into a PIU Pro and I want to know if you can put custom songs on it like ITG2?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1363. PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I sucked really badly on PIU. Then I realized they had speed mods. tongue.gif

Also, lol 69.
View users profile Send private message
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1364. PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

鬼 ~RED~ wrote:
I realized you can put a flash drive into a PIU Pro and I want to know if you can put custom songs on it like ITG2?

I believe it's only for edits. Pro with an r21-like feature would be next to financial suicide. :o

iGalaxy, what version did you happen to play?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1365. PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valius wrote:
鬼 ~RED~ wrote:

I believe it's only for edits. Pro with an r21-like feature would be next to financial suicide. :o

laugh.gif So, I can make an edit to *song from PIU PRO* and be able to play it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1366. PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better run on Canon-D CZ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQkNL5HcFc
View users profile Send private message
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1367. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valius wrote:
Pro with an r21-like feature would be next to financial suicide. :o

Erm... How? I always thought such a feature would attract more players. Its certainly the case at my arcade with ITG2.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

1368. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know where i can get a pro dedi?
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1369. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it officially released? I thought it was being tested at select arcades..............until now.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

1370. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shurf wrote:
Was it officially released? I thought it was being tested at select arcades..............until now.

idk thats why i am asking
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1371. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infamous360 wrote:

Pro is indeed out, and you can only get it with an FX cab if it's a new machine. Supposedly, there are upgrade kits, but I've no idea where to get those.

Personally, if youare open-minded to rhythm games that don't adhere to Bemani scoring, I'd urge the international version of PIU (PIU NX or NX2 later this year) for various reasons, unless you absolutely MUST play Oasis in PIU form. More K-Pop, freestylability and beginner friendliness, with regular series than with Pro. However, if you got a ton of regular PIU machines in your area, I guess getting to play Banzai, Oasis, Xuxa, and other ITG songs on PIU would be perfectly fine.

Also, r21 with something like a Pro machine = no incentive for upgrading = no new mixes = dead game series = dead PIU series = terrible
Trick Member
Trick Member

1372. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might buy this arcades zero machine for $500... its the kind with the 50" monitors

it needs LOTS of work tho and probably about another grand..

I want a dedi for PRO tho just because i want to be able to play both games without alot of swaping
KeeL
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

1373. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valius wrote:
infamous360 wrote:

Also, r21 with something like a Pro machine = no incentive for upgrading = no new mixes = dead game series = dead PIU series = terrible

Valius - You are entitled to your opinion of Pump Pro like anyone else, but you are supplying false information about the Pro series. As I mentioned to someone posting in a NY thread:

While Pump Pro is not considered part of the classic Pump It Up series, it is considered to be a sister series.
(here it is listed on the Andamiro site http://www.andamiro.com/en/products/amusement_00b.html)

In the future, Andamiro will support future tournaments/events involving both series. PIU Pro is considered an official Pump product.

Pro is very much alive and is NOT a dead series. There are future versions in "planning stages". It is understood that some of the Pro features may not appeal to everyone, but you shouldn't criticize the other players that do enjoy these features or songs. By all means, please continue to support what you do like, but why put down something that others like?

valius wrote:
Supposedly, there are upgrade kits, but I've no idea where to get those.

You can contact Andamiro sales directly. PIU Pro is their product and they will supply information about it just like any of the other pump series.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1374. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you misunderstood. :o I wasn't saying that Pro was in trouble because of the edit feature at all. I was saying that Pro doesn't have the ability for custom songs (r21) and SHOULDN'T in the future for various economic reasons! Nowhere in the post did I say that Pro was a dead series, but that a feature for custom songs like ITG2's r21 would be detrimental to the both the Pro and the regular PIU series and/or weaken sales of both series. It was a response to a previous post asking why the r21 custom song feature would be economic suicide for the Pro series. Edits for existing songs, as it is on Pro today, is NOT economic suicide however.

That blurb about r21 was a response to this:
shurf wrote:
valius wrote:
Pro with an r21-like feature would be next to financial suicide. :o

Erm... How? I always thought such a feature would attract more players. Its certainly the case at my arcade with ITG2.

I guess it was kind of my fault for not putting this quote up, but I'd no idea it'd be read as an attack on the Pro series...

Btw, shurf, are you buying a personal machine? I guess with the FX you can switch Pro and NX (make that NX2 next year)... though I'm not sure of the details, but it's the same cab.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1375. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm not buying a machine any time soon. Just started playing 2 weeks ago. Its all about 4-panel for me. =)
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1376. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an absolute idiot. The machine question was directed to infamous360, who is in the market for a PIU machine of some kind. frown.gif Sorry about the mixup.

Well, anyway... all I can say is variety never hurt! E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1377. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, no worries. We all make mistakes. E15.gif
Nario
Basic Member
Basic Member

1378. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:

Edit Mode supports custom soundtracks, so you can create Pump steps to ANY song you can put on your Xbox!!

One problem: I can only edit songs on the PIU game itself and I can't figure out how to use Edit Mode on the songs on my hard drive. Help please!

So, I've kinda waited, like, a couple months for this question to be answered. E1.gif

I <3 Selphie! <(^o^)>

MySpace - Nario
View users profile Send private message Send email
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1379. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:

So, I've kinda waited, like, a couple months for this question to be answered. E1.gif

I'd post this on PumpHaven, to be honest, since more people would know about it. I don't know how to do it, but I've heard of people editing steps for certain songs... it seems that ADDING songs requires hacking from what I've seen. Sorry, I only have the PS2 version. frown.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 69 of 73

Jump to: