Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

First Ever ROCK BAND LIVE TOUR This Fall

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: First Ever ROCK BAND LIVE TOUR This Fall Reply with quote

The musical video game phenomenon of Rock Band™ is coming to a city near you. This fall Rock Band Live will travel across the country with headline acts Panic At The Disco and Dashboard Confessional, together on stage, with very special guests Plain White T’s, The Cab, and possibly YOU!

The concert tour will let Rock Band bands rock their way onto the main stage with a truly interactive experience that allows fans to compete in head-to-head competitions for the chance to play on the main stage in-between the tour acts’ sets. Bands will be selected through local radio promotions, national contests and on-site at each show.

Tickets for the tour will go on sale to the public on Friday, August 8th at 10:00AM local time. The tour will kick off on October 5th in San Diego, CA and continue through November 14th ending in Houston, TX.

“Rock Band Live brings together a terrific combination of artists for a night of rock 'n roll love,” said Paul DeGooyer, MTV's Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music. “The bands are fantastic, the timing dovetails perfectly with the release of Rock Band 2, and the events will be tons of interactive fun for families.”

“We’re huge fans of Rock Band and feel honored to join the Rock Band 2 game disc setlist with some of our favorite artists like The Who, Bob Dylan and Journey!” said Panic At The Disco’s Brendon Urie. “And what better way to celebrate our involvement with the game than joining the first Rock Band tour. We're definitely excited to be a part of things”

"I'm practicing my Rock Band drumming," deadpanned Dashboard Confessional singer Chris Carrabba, "With any luck I'll win a spot on stage to show what I can REALLY do."

Panic At The Disco will be featured on the Rock Band 2 game disc coming out this September. In addition, all Rock Band Live tour acts will be featured in a forthcoming downloadable content pack for the game.

Last edited by J Dogg on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Kilroy{ZTC}
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to get together some peoples for this
, if possible.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Valex
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Rock Band tent at Warped Tour, and the bands don't suck there

Do that instead
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Dashboard Confessional really rocks. So do those teenage boys, the Plain White T's, and their big hit about some some girl in high school. To top it off, Death Cab for Cutie? Wow! I've never heard a Pillsbury Doughboy sing so indie coffeeshop-like.

Let me get all my friends together and rock out to these "guys."
View users profile Send private message
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panic at the disco should never EVER EVER be mentioned in the same sentence as the who unless the sentence is "gee, panic at the disco sure is a lot worse than the who!"

i thought harmonix would have gotten actually good music artists. hell, are any of those artists besides panic actually on rock band?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Kilroy{ZTC}
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I didn't realize no one liked these bands. I don't really follow the music scene.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kakumei77 wrote:
Oh yeah, Dashboard Confessional really rocks. So do those teenage boys, the Plain White T's, and their big hit about some some girl in high school. To top it off, Death Cab for Cutie? Wow! I've never heard a Pillsbury Doughboy sing so indie coffeeshop-like.

Let me get all my friends together and rock out to these "guys."

Um? I fail to see any mention of Death Cab for Cutie. Who, I might add, are better than all the bands involved with this tour >:[
Kakumei77
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamebait wrote:

Um? I fail to see any mention of Death Cab for Cutie. Who, I might add, are better than all the bands involved with this tour >:[

"The musical video game phenomenon of Rock Band™ is coming to a city near you. This fall Rock Band Live will travel across the country with headline acts Panic At The Disco and Dashboard Confessional, together on stage, with very special guests Plain White T’s, The Cab, and possibly YOU!"

I just figured "The Cab" was a pet name for Death Cab. If not, who the hell are they? laugh.gif
Kakumei77
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look at that. It's a completely different band. Flamebait, you're right.

Hmm. I'm not liking their description, though.

Quote:
On the battleground of Las Vegas' Liberty High School in 2005, a fierce war rages on. Sworn enemies Alex DeLeon and Cash Colligan are fighting valiantly for the affections of the same girl. With such an intense hatred brewing between the two high-school juniors, no one could predict that they would soon bury the hatchet and join forces in Colligan's garage in order to bring their musical minds together.

Double-wow! There's nothing like an angsty teenage war that culminates into a poopy band. Perfect for Rock Band, however. Guitar Hero, take note of these guys.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: