Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Hot Tip for softpad users

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegisjester
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Hot Tip for softpad users Reply with quote

A while ago, a horrendous game was released by the title of Highschool Musical 3.

While the game is trash, and sold about 14 copies worldwide, it was a dance game, and therefore had a disney-produced softpad included.

Now, the game didn't sell, but stores still stocked it. So now there are thousands of boxes with this game and a softpad out on clearance, and filling up online outlet stores.

The softpad itself is nice enough, it has out-lasted my official Konami ones packaged with DDR universe 3.

You can get one as cheap as 15 dollars for a solid quality softpad online, if you're in the market I suggest you check it out.
View users profile Send private message
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea, especially for those who want to to have extra pads for their non ps2 console.

Particularly useful for modders too. If you want to take the CB from one and solder to it, it'll be significantly cheaper than soldering to an actual XB360 controller for example. And you won't have to wreck your original konami mats if they're in decent nick.

If I was keen to stick my homepad on my 360 (which I will be at some point) I'd definitely look into getting one of the pads from this game.
aegisjester
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they made the game for PS2 as well (with the same surplus as xbox). I just bought one online for $16 (shipping included) after I found that all my other pads have been trashed (I've folded, stuffed into corners, rolled, and all the other stuff you aren't supposed to do to them)
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but look at it this way - the only Xbox compatible pads at the moment are the HMS pad and the Universe pads. Since it costs a bundle or isn't possible for many people to get the universe pads (like here in NZ) you can track down a HMS package and have a working pad that doesn't require a converter or anything.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: