Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY) Reply with quote

Hey guys - This thread will be the official spot for all future questions about pad adapters for consoles. This means PSX, PS2, Dreamcast, and Xbox.

Got a question about a USB or LPT adapter?? Are you running DWI or Stepmania on your computer? See THIS THREAD instead.

Sentient Mode is capable...

Last edited by Cutriss on Thu May 05, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requesting suggestions for PS2-to-XBox adapters.
View users profile Send private message
KitsuDeXstrosity
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have a suggestion for a good working PS2-to-Xbox adapters.

Universal Controller Adapter by Game-Elements (GEMINI)

Actually, its a PS2-to-Xbox/GCN converter and is used both for wheels and controllers. I used it with my home-built pad and it works perfectly with no lag at all. I haven't tried it with XBL because I don't play online. You could get them at Frys Electronics for $19.99 a pop, but they may also be avaliable at Wal-Mart for $10 each (don't know about other Wal-Marts, but once they're gone at my local Wal-Mart, they're gone for good as so I'm told). Very good, I recommend it.

On ebay, I stumbled upon two other converters: one by Joybox (famed with their other converters, can be found on Lik-sang I believe) and a nameless one that looks like a simple black box. From what I heard on other message boards, they should be avoided at all costs. But on the other hand, they're usually a few dollars cheaper (with S&H).

Sorry for no pics, can't find any of the Game-Elements one.

-~-Evolved Spirit KitsuDeXstrosity
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second'd on the Gemini converter. I have four of them and they all work great. They'll show up as a controller on XBLive, though.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitsuDeXstrosity wrote:
Sorry for no pics, can't find any of the Game-Elements one.
Luckily, someone else did in one of the other threads just now:

Sentient Mode is capable...
loki6061983
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive saw usb converter on ebay might what to check
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about control boxes? I don't mind switching back and forth between them. I need one for use on an XBox.
The legend of ZAKU 0079
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the model of the Universal Controller Adapter by Gemini has changed with a new design and name called Converta Control, which I believe does the same conversion, but don't take my word for it since I haven't tried this new one yet. Also, this new version is being currently sold at CompUSA for about $20.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all of these adapaters work pretty much the same with a hard pad control box (like the CF pad for example)?

If so, I thought I'd go ahead and order my PS2 to Xbox converter now and then my pad just as soon as I can. I figure I'd hate to have the pad and no way to use it with my Xbox.
oldskoolgirl
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if the BuynShop adapter is any good? Thanks
StompToYoBeat
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: CF PS2 - USB adapter Reply with quote

Just looking for a definitive answer as to which PS2-USB adapter work with Ver. 2 of the CF control box. I have heard so many conflicting reports, it is driving me crazy frust.gif

Also, can anyone validate the rumor that CF will be releasing a USB control box soon?

Accomplishments:
AA on Captain Jack
AA on Candy Unlimited
AA on So Deep
AA on Sakura
A on MAX 300 (320 combo)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
|cey
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a parallel port controller (psx/ps2) for my new cobalt flux.. and I recommend getting it, it took me like a minute to set up.. if you check the cobalt flux forums.. there are drivers you install and that's all. It's really simple E1.gif

EDIT: I got the adapter at www.levelsix.com it was around $10 dollars american (that's with shipping).
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m looking for an adapter so I can use my Xbox dance pad on my PS2 so I don’t having to buy another soft pad and modding it. I’ve done searches, and all I can seem to find is PS2-Xbox adapters, but I need an Xbox-PS2 adapter. Any ideas?
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cobaltflux, and I wanted to play stepmania with it. I was hearing some mixed reviews on different adaptors, so I decided to get the RO usb control box.

Is there anything special I have to do to have my PC recognize the cbox?
colbryant
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and Ive never seen an XBox to PS2 converter I think you may be out of luck...
Basic Member
Basic Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anybody out there knew of a USB Adaptor that is compatible with CF ver. 2 and all other dance mats for PS1/2. I need one for PC but I found out SmartJoy PLUS does not work with CF ver. 2. Which is bad because I wanted to buy 2 of those for Step Mania. If anybody can help me please post which product and a link to where I can purchase it as well as what it's compatible with.
xkappax
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a really old usb adapter that is supposed to be compatible with it, but i hear they don't make it anymore. i can't even remember what it's called...

i got a cf pad for christmas that doesn't work with any adapter that i try, someone told me it was a voltage problem, because my controller worked fine in the adapter (smart joy, the red one)

i emailed cobalt flux about it and they told me that they'd be releasing a usb control box "soon" because apparently this is a big problem they have.

i don't know if that helped at all, but i hope it did...

www.kappacino.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MegaMaxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xkappax wrote:
there is a really old usb adapter that is supposed to be compatible with it, but i hear they don't make it anymore. i can't even remember what it's called...

i got a cf pad for christmas that doesn't work with any adapter that i try, someone told me it was a voltage problem, because my controller worked fine in the adapter (smart joy, the red one)

i emailed cobalt flux about it and they told me that they'd be releasing a usb control box "soon" because apparently this is a big problem they have.

i don't know if that helped at all, but i hope it did...

Yes it did help, thanks. I guess I'll just buy the SmartJoy PLUS for my 3rd party mats. And just buy the USB control box when it comes out. Anyone know if the SmartJoy will work with a Pelican NightMoves Wireless Dance Controller (pad)
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u know that ps2-xbox/gamecube adapter...(cutriss)

has anyone used one, i got one on clearance for $10 at walmart

the ps2 controller works but my pad i got doesnt work
(the pad i have is an xbox/ps2 one)

i dont know whats wrong...has anyone had this trouble, or could it be that the adapter doesnt work or is it that the ps2 thing on my pad doesnt work...

any ideas??
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
xkappax
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be the same problem... a voltage problem. my adapter was the same way... it let the controller work but not the pad.

As an update to the problem with the newer cobalt flux pads. I have found an adapter that works with them. The catch is that so far I can only get it to work on my macintosh. I'm sure they do work on pc's ... we just haven't found a good driver yet.

It is called the boom ps joy for anyone who is interested in this... it's not SUPPOSED to work on mac, but it works brilliantly. .. . I believe it's not in production anymore, but if you can find one, it works very well.

www.kappacino.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: