Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Weird X button issue with Afterburner pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AzHP
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Weird X button issue with Afterburner pad Reply with quote

I bought myself an Afterburner 2.0 for Christmas last year and it was working pretty well until today. While playing DDR today the X button suddenly stopped working. It had been working fine up to that point. After some experimentation I found that stepping on X and then pressing the Up arrow caused the X button to register. I guess there's a crossed wire but I have no idea where to check. Any ideas? I took apart the X button and the up arrow and didn't see anything unusual. Unplugged and replugged all of the connector cables and nothing worked.
View users profile Send private message
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have checked that there are no breaks or splits in the wires under both panels, then it could be an issue with your control box.

If you have a friend with the same pad, try it out using their control box. If it works, then yours probably needs replacing.

Easy enough to get a new one.
http://www.guitarherostore.com/Game-Controllers/DDR-Dance-Pads/Afterburner-Control-Box
AzHP
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedOctane is sending me a replacement free of charge, along with a return label for the old one. Fingers crossed on this one (but not wires, hopefully).
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: