Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Shoes

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Shoes Reply with quote

Right so I have wide feet and I would like some recommendations on shoes that i can wear. Do they still sell tapers? Free 7.0s? Am i going in the wrong direction with this? E19.gif

Also happy thanksgiving.
21 pound turkey. u?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I bought my pair of New Balance 992s three years ago I've been a huge fan of New Balance since. They come in large sizes and have narrow and wide versions of most of their shoes. If you can afford them, I highly suggest looking into a pair of their newest flagship shoe, the NB 993s. They're absolutely awesome to play in, and work well as a great regular shoe too.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm looks interesting. I've never had a pair of shoes just for DDR/ITG and I heard that super light was the way to go, and regaurdless; I've been playing in socks on my cobalt for like a year now. The shoes I own feel massive when I wear them and drive me nuts when I'm on a pad. Is 12.9oz an ideal weight? Will this shoe give me no problems switching from socks? Also, does any other company run wide other than NB? Thanks.
Bemani Dog
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skater shoes, like Airwalks or Vans, anything with relatively flat soles, are the best.

I also like shoes with velcro.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually play in either Vans or Nike Free Everydays. Both are pretty good but the Frees are better overall.
View users profile Send private message
Slayer³
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play on a flux in socks, you shouldn't have a problem playing that at an arcade. (unless it doesn't allow it).

I usually play barefoot, unless at funworld which requires shoes.

For lightweight, Puma's and Vibram's (4 to 5 ounces) are good.
I've heard Nike frees are good but narrow.
Feelmax is supposedly good, I haven't seen anyone use those yet.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suko wrote:
They're absolutely awesome to play in, and work well as a great regular shoe too.

Slayer³ wrote:
If you play on a flux in socks, you shouldn't have a problem playing that at an arcade. (unless it doesn't allow it).

I usually play barefoot, unless at funworld which requires shoes.

For lightweight, Puma's and Vibram's (4 to 5 ounces) are good.
I've heard Nike frees are good but narrow.
Feelmax is supposedly good, I haven't seen anyone use those yet.

OK here's where I'm lost. On one end there's the Frees', and the NB 993s', and on the other there are the skateboard shoes, aka pumas. I've always figured you wanted skateboard shoes for ITG/DDR in the arcades, since there flat on the bottom making recessed panels easier. You get a seesaw effect when flatfooting, and according to what I've read, also about 7 ounces lighter. HOWEVER, as a general rule of thumb, skateboard shoes don't come in wide widths. I'm a 4W, 13.5In shoe, and those specs don't bode well with skateboard shoes. Unless someone can show me a well, ITG-recommended skateboard shoe that comes in wide widths, I'm going to have to omit skatebord shoes as a choice.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong: Puma Tapers and Nike Free 7.0s are no longer produced.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skateboarding shoes are generally a bit wider than other shoes.

For example, here's a shoe made by Etnies:

And here's a Nike Free Everyday shoe:

I'm not sure if they would be wide enough, but generally if you get skate shoes with non-vulcanized soles they'll be quite a bit wider than normal shoes.

Puma Tapers and 7.0 Frees are no longer produced; however, Nike still makes 5.0 Frees. They're a little less supportive than 7.0's but they're apparently just as good if not better. I'm not sure if Puma ever made a replacement for Tapers, though. blink.gif
View users profile Send private message
chaoticshinobi
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumas are absolutely the way to go for me. I play in Super Rush's right now and they're amazing. They have an insane amount of grip, which might be a bad thing in most cases, but i fix that with baby powder. I definitely need the grip for playing pump.

youtube.com/user/chaoticshinobi
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: