Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Best foam dance pad *these days*?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Best foam dance pad *these days*? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

So a few years back it seemed like BuyNShop's foam pads were some of the best foam insert pads available -- a bit cheaper than RedOctane's and far more reliable. In fact my first DX-Xtreme pad from there lasted a good few years of *very* intense play.

so, I'm wondering if nowadays that's changed or if there's a better pad available? I know BNS changed their pads up a bit and I wonder if they are still as good as they used to be. Also how are those generic foam pads on eBay? Any good at all or should I stick to a more well-known brand of dance pad?

Thanks! E1.gif

orb
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on this forum since '03. In that time I have never seen anything positive to say about a pad purchased from Ebay, unless it was a used Cobalt Flux or another name brand pad.

I have never heard of BuyNShop's foam pads, and as such I can't comment on them. I have experience with the Red Octane pads which you're already aware of, and I still suggest them above to player's who want a good pad that isn't going to eat their wallets. They might seem pricey, but unless you weigh 300 lbs and play 10 footers all day, it should last you a long time.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Bemani Dog
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a BNS Fusion foam pad and it's worked great for 2 years. The problem is, it's only PS2/Xbox/PC.

It sucks nobody's made a GOOD pad for Xbox 360. And prospects don't look good for PS3 either.
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use a usb pad and wire a nice hardpad/homepad to it?
The easiest thing to do would be wire the thing to a beatpad's brain.
I've been considering it, since when DDR volume 1 comes out (if it does come out in NZ anyway....) I'll have to mod my existing pad to also support 360 aswell as ps2 after the foam mat dies or something.
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bemani Dog wrote:
I have a BNS Fusion foam pad and it's worked great for 2 years. The problem is, it's only PS2/Xbox/PC.

It sucks nobody's made a GOOD pad for Xbox 360. And prospects don't look good for PS3 either.

I guess your only option is to mod one of the cheaper pads, then? :/
invalidname
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Best foam dance pad *these days*? Reply with quote

orb wrote:
so, I'm wondering if nowadays that's changed or if there's a better pad available? I know BNS changed their pads up a bit and I wonder if they are still as good as they used to be. Also how are those generic foam pads on eBay? Any good at all or should I stick to a more well-known brand of dance pad?

I liked the BNS Fusion and Sparkle, but in early 2008, I ordered from BNS and they sent crappy "DDR Game" pads instead, which lasted like two months, tops.

I switched to the MyMyBox Blue Shark foam pads, and it was mostly good, until the raised pads slipped out of position and eventually tore through the top (I frickin' hate raised pads for this reason). I tried to re-order from MyMyBox, but I guess I caught them in the middle of a move and they didn't ship. Details on the Blue Shark thread.

I guess I would go with the Blue Sharks again, with the expectation they'll last about a year, but maybe e-mail them first and verify that they're still in business and still shipping pads.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: