Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DanceTrax - A New Dance Simulation Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: DanceTrax - A New Dance Simulation Game Reply with quote

Get ready to get it on the dance floor with the next evolution of arcade dance simulation: DanceTrax. Sporting a tracklist of over 100 high-energy dance tracks by artists such as Wildside, Midihead, and DM Ashura. Along with a newly-designed high-end arcade cabinet and innovative step team, DanceTrax promises to be an arcade experience unlike any other. Read more about this dynamic game at the official website.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Interesting. I did like the few remixes that I've heard done by DM Ashura, and Midihead is always a welcome artist to any dancing game. I did, however, have trouble finding any information on how the game itself will be set up in terms of arrows and how you play. Will we be looking at another 4-panel game like DDR and ITG, or something totally new, kind of like NeonFM is doing?
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 panel, same setup as we're used to.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The DTX Cabinet is really something revolutionary on its own. With surround sound, you are literally engulfed in a club vibe. Audio and lifebars are indicated not only in-game for the players, but outside the screen for the audience in the form of LED lightbars. LED technology also has allowed us to create the ultimate dancing stage. We have utilized this technology to create optical sensors (as opposed to pressure sensors) for perfect accuracy with less resistance as well as very low maintenance.

...Pardon me, but that sounds ridiculously sweet. And, upon browsing the site, the music sounds amazing.

I'm looking forward to this.
Setzer
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM Ashura for the win!

4 panel for the lose. T_T

Wanna play the game, but man would I like to see some more arrow variances.

On that note, where's my damn PIU.
irvineking1980
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
This is awesome!
I am start downloading songs!

Who is this guy from the picture next to the cabinet!

What happen to Pump It Up Move~

PIU is more rythmical and smooth move~~

E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
CNLohr
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, the head technician building it in China.

*EDIT* And you're only seeing a small portion of what we have.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know..in the window size you automatically specify, the first song in the songlist page bumps all the other songs down a name, so the artists mismatch the song title.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only three selection button holes on that cabinet, the display is waaaay too high up, and it doesn't look like it'll fit a display larger than 27 or 29"

What?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolinternet wrote:
the display is waaaay too high up

So the dance pad will be moved back and/or forth in correlation to getting a good leverage with your eyes. I don't see what the big problem is, unless it was like an overhead display -- which it isn't.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolinternet wrote:
the display is waaaay too high up

It looks that way, but if you think about it, imagine DDR without any pads. That would look pretty high up too.
View users profile Send private message
CNLohr
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolinternet wrote:
There are only three selection button holes on that cabinet, the display is waaaay too high up, and it doesn't look like it'll fit a display larger than 27 or 29"

What?

We have not finalized the selection system. This is one of three promotional units, and that sort of thing may be tweaked for the normal production unit

The display is not up too high. Ever look at a tradition dance game without the pads?

It fits our 33" display.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
lolinternet
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNLohr wrote:
lolinternet wrote:

What?

We have not finalized the selection system. This is one of three promotional units, and that sort of thing may be tweaked for the normal production unit

The display is not up too high. Ever look at a tradition dance game without the pads?

It fits our 33" display.

I think the reason it seems much higher than a DDR/ITG cab is because of the large amount of space inbetween the selection holes and the display hole when compared to the cabinets we're all used to seeing.

edit: After seeing the picture of the cabinet next to someone everything looks a bit less akward. I'm guessing it's not the display that's set too high, it's the selection arrows that are set lower than normal.
ixismiffyixi
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wished i had money to go out and buy me a cabinet, but this is great news for the dancing arcade sim...Can't wait to see how this par up to ddr/itg
OMG THE SAMPLES SOUND SOO DOPE!!!!! clubin tracks man i hope it got more E1.gif
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is not impressed. Only one artist there I give a crap about and that's the DM artist listed so unless more of those are to come I could care less. I want EUROBEAT and Super Eurobeat tracks as well as stuff like X-Treme i.e. Dancemania regulars.
Honestly I wish all these DDR knockoff's would stop and we'd get the real dance game coming here COUGHD-TechCOUGH. Sorry but so far that's the funnest dance game I've played. Quality artists, BoA, Jinusean, DJ DOC, Space A(I THINK), Park Jin Young, etc.
lolinternet
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life wrote:
is not impressed. Only one artist there I give a crap about and that's the DM artist listed so unless more of those are to come I could care less. I want EUROBEAT and Super Eurobeat tracks as well as stuff like X-Treme i.e. Dancemania regulars.
Honestly I wish all these DDR knockoff's would stop and we'd get the real dance game coming here COUGHD-TechCOUGH. Sorry but so far that's the funnest dance game I've played. Quality artists, BoA, Jinusean, DJ DOC, Space A(I THINK), Park Jin Young, etc.

What other knockoffs have there been? ITG seems to be doing pretty well..

Last edited by lolinternet on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total
Goggles
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least the overall sound quality of the music is good. I just hope that this is legal so we can enjoy it for a long time to come.

It's new! http://andrewinamerica.tripod.com
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
lolinternet
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to like 10 of the samples on the site. Uh, no offense to the creators of Dancetrax, but there's no way in hell this is gonna do well if you are completely stuck with one genre of music. Most of the songs, well, sound the same to someone who isn't familiar with the genre (me).

The songs suck. They're horrible. Seriously just plain bad. You know it's bad when I consider myself open to pretty much any genre, yet the samples on the website made me cringe. Not only because they're bad, but because they'd make for horrible stepcharts. The only one that stood out to me was Moonlight Rave, and only for the keyboard in the song which would make for an awesome stepchart.

I honestly think the Dancetrax team needs to rethink this whole CLUB MUSIC ONLY idea or it's gonna crash and burn. Hard.

Take a look at ITG2. Innovative songs and stepcharts. Tons of originals. MANY, MANY different genres of music. Something for everyone, not just people who like club music.

You're making a game. A music game. Music games need VARIETY to appeal to EVERYONE or it simply isn't gonna work, since different people like different music, but everybody likes to play.
DJ Takahashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music list looks very nice and fresh but comon, its just another DDR-wanna be knockoff in my oponion, at least theyre making their own cabinets unlike roxor so ill give them that.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

19. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goggles wrote:
Well, at least the overall sound quality of the music is good. I just hope that this is legal so we can enjoy it for a long time to come.

Indeed. I saw nothing on the site that said "oh, and this is how we aren't going to get sued".

By the way, 500 Miles for the win.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: