Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

[resolved] TX-6500 not recognised suspect a Control Box prob

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceresleloup
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: [resolved] TX-6500 not recognised suspect a Control Box prob Reply with quote

Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum, and already a problem... I tried to search a solution in the many posts but nothing it could help me... :/

I'm playing DDR since a year on Wii and Stepmania with basics foam mat... I've decided to buy a arcade metal dance pad and my choice was to take the Mayflash TX-6500 v2 FMAX (a custom 6500 from Futuremax.nl)

This should be delivered with a 3-in-1-control box (from the website) but it is delivered with the new version 5-in-1 Control Box (USB, PS1/2, GC, Wii, XBOX).

Unfortunately, when I plug the controller on my MAC (OSX 10.5 on my Mini, or 10.6 on my MPB), it is correctly recognised as "DDR" usb adapter, but when I push on the Start/Select or arrow nothing happen (I use the application "Joystick and gamepad tester" to check this).

I've read there is some controller which needs a Activation code, but even If I do Up+Start+Select and hold for 3 seconds, nothing else happen and my arrows are still inactive.

I've written to Futurmax.Nl but they give the howto map the keys in Stepmania... :/

I suspect a defect Control Box, so I order a NEW control box (should be a 3-in-1 but I receive a again a 5-in-1!)... Connect the whole stuff and... still the same... :S

I tried to test it on my other PC laptop... Same issue... controller is recognised correctly, but when I press a arrow, or even press the button of the controller, I have no reaction in the Gamepad panel... :/

2 defects Control Box? Could be... Is there anything else to do/install in order to use my TX-6500? Everywhere in the forum I can read that the TX are plug'n'play!

Please help me and tell me I didn't spend 160EUR for nothing frown.gif

Last edited by ceresleloup on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I haven't experienced any problems like this. I would double-check that you have the latest versions of all software and drivers relating to your pad. If that still doesn't work, then try and get a phone number for the company you purchased your pad from and ask them directly what the solution is. If you're using any kind of converters or adapters, those might be causing trouble too.

Also, have you tried running this on a Windows OS to see if that could be the problem?

That's my 2-cents.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first problem was buying a TX- anything. The second one is either a series of failing control boxes (much like the TX pads the peoples that make the control boxes just slap them together) or a bad ground in the pad that fries the control boxes of slightly lesser chance is that there is an incomplete circut in the pad itself
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mention you're using an application to test your pad's inputs....

Have you tried mapping the pad in stepmania yet?
or used the controller/joypads program via the control panel? (If that's not what you're already using, I mean)

Also, have you tried it on a playstaytion or your wii?
Regardless of what game you use it in, you should be able to navigate menus and make selections and such using the pad.

(I thought my soft pad was busted when I first got it and plugged it into my PC. Turned out to be fine after trying to play Metal Slug with it on my PS2, was a crappy ps2-usb converter causing the problem)
ceresleloup
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

sorry for the late reply, my job takes all my time for now :/

Thanks for the answers. I tried out all the USB ports of the Windows laptop of my work... and it works correctly only on 1 port :s (i mean: controlbox recognised, and steps recognised)

I think Edible Bondage Tape is on the right way, I'm getting 2 of those failing control boxes :/ I open one and the circuit seems not so... clean :')

@8ftmetalhead: If my input-test-softz doesn't recognise the arrows, it isn't possible to map them in stepmania E1.gif

Also tried on the Wii of my gf, but the 6500 is also not recognised...

I guess there is no chance to get that control box at work... I'll do the tour of the forum to built my own controller from a gamepad... E1.gif

Be sure,... that's my first... and last TX -.-'

Thanks all anyway! have a nice day <:o)

[EDIT]
So, I stripped down a cheap gamepad (to avoid axes problems)... Take out the PCB and redirect the buttons to the wires of a DB9 serial port...

My TX-6500 is now working as hell! Yeay, case resolved <:o)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: